my high school team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my high school team.

hey people! i am so excited, i have played football for 2 weeks and i already have a starting spot at DT on junior varsity. it is my first time ever playing with pads, but i secured the spot in yesterdays practice when junior varsities defense was vs varsities offense, i had 2 sacks and 4 running back stops for a loss, so i cant wait!!!! and im only 160 pounds playin DT so it aint easy, so wish me luck and ill keep u all updated!!! oh and our colors are blue, white, and gold, aint that weird?? but yeah im so happy!!!
    Last edited by ramsplaya16; -08-29-2006, 02:13 PM.
    Built RAM tough

Re: my high school team.

Only 160 pounds? How tall are you...but 160 should be normal playing at a high school level and as a junior.

I'm like 5'10" and around or close to 120...so I'm a little underweight.

I was going to join the team this year but, we spent over $7000 on vacations and my birthday is in september, all I want is a $60 jersey though...plus football is $200 or so and this is Canada so it isn't taken seriously...I mean, everyone makes the team because there's a lack of interest. But I was really hoping to join up this year and gun for starting SS/FS, I played 3/4th string WR, 2nd string Safety and First on the kickoff team, 2 spots away from the kicker.

Anyways congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
      hey people! i am so excited, i have played football for 2 weeks and i already have a starting spot at DT on junior varsity. it is my first time ever playing with pads, but i secured the spot in yesterdays practice when junior varsities defense was vs their offense, i had 2 sacks and 4 running back stops for a loss, so i cant wait!!!! and im only 160 pounds playin DT so it aint easy, so wish me luck and ill keep u all updated!!! oh and our colors are blue, white, and gold, aint that weird?? but yeah im so happy!!!
      That's excellent!! Keep up the good work and stay focused and I'm sure you will do great. Enjoy this exciting time and have a blast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milan View Post
        Only 160 pounds? How tall are you...but 160 should be normal playing at a high school level and as a junior.

I'm like 5'10" and around or close to 120...so I'm a little underweight.

I was going to join the team this year but, we spent over $7000 on vacations and my birthday is in september, all I want is a $60 jersey though...plus football is $200 or so and this is Canada so it isn't taken seriously...I mean, everyone makes the team because there's a lack of interest. But I was really hoping to join up this year and gun for starting SS/FS, I played 3/4th string WR, 2nd string Safety and First on the kickoff team, 2 spots away from the kicker.

Anyways congratulations.

im 5"10 160 pounds, but i am not fat, actually i think im too skinny to play DT but i have alot of muscle, especially in my legs, i only have like 9% body fat, im really workin hard though but i will keep you guys updated oh and im a freshman btw
        Built RAM tough

Comment

im 5"10 160 pounds, but i am not fat, actually i think im too skinny to play DT but i have alot of muscle, especially in my legs, i only have like 9% body fat, im really workin hard though but i will keep you guys updated oh and im a freshman btw
          Yeah my friend's around your size, he plays Fullback and Linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Milan View Post
            Yeah my friend's around your size, he plays Fullback and Linebacker.
            yeah i have been begging my coach to let me play LB but he stuck me at DT and told me he will work me at LB at certain times
            Built RAM tough

Comment

I'm 6 feet tall and wiegh 175, I'm only in eigth grade. I start at tackle on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Well everyone, its the day of my game, at 6:00 eastern time my turn will be here, I will keep you all updated on my season my games and all of my stats, thank you all for support!
                Built RAM tough

Comment

Well my first game is offically over! Unfortunantly we had to verse the 2nd best team in the county, who has one big team with all varsity players on it, so considering we played a great varsity team we played very good, I forced a fumble on the 2nd play of the game and ended up with about 5 tackles, not bad eh? First time for me and i loved it, ill keep you all updated on my game next week!
                  Built RAM tough

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention the score,lol we lost 44-21, not bad considering we were jv
                    Built RAM tough

Comment

Well another game ended yesterday, once again, we lost. Lol we suck. But I had the flu so I decided to play but VERY limited time, I only played 4 plays, and I had 3 tackles, so it was an ok game for me, but yeah I'm happy with my preformance and I can't wait until next week
                      Built RAM tough

Comment

Okay well today is the best game I have ever played... I lost my starting spot last week becuz I was sick and I missed practice, but today the left end really screwed up. So in the 2ND quarter I went in, by halftime I had 4 tackles and a sack. And I finished the game with 11 tackles and a sack. I had a great time, u can call me tripple L! (Little leonard little) so I may have lost my startin DT spot but I won a starting LE spot, and best of all...WE WON!!! WOOOOO I AM SOO EXCITED!!! Wooooooooo!!!!
                        Built RAM tough

Comment

Okay well today is the best game I have ever played... I lost my starting spot last week becuz I was sick and I missed practice, but today the left end really screwed up. So in the 2ND quarter I went in, by halftime I had 4 tackles and a sack. And I finished the game with 11 tackles and a sack. I had a great time, u can call me tripple L! (Little leonard little) so I may have lost my startin DT spot but I won a starting LE spot, and best of all...WE WON!!! WOOOOO I AM SOO EXCITED!!! Wooooooooo!!!!

Good job.

Last week I found out that I had made the team, most of my friends consider me to have great hands (I catch one handers behind me with ease), but I'm pretty damn slow for WR, I signed up for Free Safety, I can tackle alright, when me and my friends play football outside after we have finished practice, I make about 4/5 tackles in an hour and a half, and a touchdown or two. Sometimes a forced fumble...but I'm the smallest guy that plays, the rest are around my height but have 20-40 pounds on me.

I don't know what my position is even though the first game is next week, I think we're really unprepared because almost all of the grade 10s went to camp, I didn't go but there was no football practice, so I didn't even bother going to school.

We have 2 QBs who used to play football in a league outside of school, an amazing RB who still plays rep football and his brother, a DT who also plays rep football.

We only play about 4/5 games in a season and I think realistically we're probably going 1-3 or 2-2.

Comment

Dang, you guys are tall....... Im only 5'7.... Does milk make you taller?

Good job RP16!!

My team right now is 0-3 which is very sad... new coaches and new players and new everything. I have recently told that i am the Defensive Team Captain at Linebacker and Defensive End. And Ive been keeping that Leader Spot since last year. I switch positions a lot, keeping the other team guessing. Which has done a lot of great things

We suck right now because we only have 17 players on the team... I only get punts and punt returns for breathers so we all are very tired. But I have gotten lots of tackles and sacks. Right now i have about 4 sacks and A LOT of tackles too. On offence i was so close to my first Touchdown of the season but someone pushed me out of bounds at the 1 YARD LINE ANd I WAS SO MAD AND I ALMOST TACKLED THAT JACK*** BUT MY teammates knew that I was about to hit him so my team kept me away from him.... Time expired and we were 1 yard from winning, but we have a bye this week.

Has anyone gotten injuried?

I sprained my ankle in the first game but I had about two weeks to heal since labor day weekend was after the game. I was on crutches for 1 week. I actually lost my starting TE position but I won it back because the TE that got that spot got injuried because he stupidly decided to sit on a tredmill going on speed 12 and he got his finger under the tredmill and it ripped his skin all the way to the bone. So now im back at Starting TE.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
                              Dang, you guys are tall....... Im only 5'7.... Does milk make you taller?

Good job RP16!!

My team right now is 0-3 which is very sad... new coaches and new players and new everything. I have recently told that i am the Defensive Team Captain at Linebacker and Defensive End. And Ive been keeping that Leader Spot since last year. I switch positions a lot, keeping the other team guessing. Which has done a lot of great things

We suck right now because we only have 17 players on the team... I only get punts and punt returns for breathers so we all are very tired. But I have gotten lots of tackles and sacks. Right now i have about 4 sacks and A LOT of tackles too. On offence i was so close to my first Touchdown of the season but someone pushed me out of bounds at the 1 YARD LINE ANd I WAS SO MAD AND I ALMOST TACKLED THAT JACK*** BUT MY teammates knew that I was about to hit him so my team kept me away from him.... Time expired and we were 1 yard from winning, but we have a bye this week.

Has anyone gotten injuried?

I sprained my ankle in the first game but I had about two weeks to heal since labor day weekend was after the game. I was on crutches for 1 week. I actually lost my starting TE position but I won it back because the TE that got that spot got injuried because he stupidly decided to sit on a tredmill going on speed 12 and he got his finger under the tredmill and it ripped his skin all the way to the bone. So now im back at Starting TE.
                              Ouch.

I was 5'6"-5'7" in my first year of High school, now I'm almost 5'11" in my second year.

17 players? How'd you manage that? Is there no interest? Even here in Canada we had about 70 trying out and we cut it down to 40.

Comment