Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my high school team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • my high school team.

    hey people! i am so excited, i have played football for 2 weeks and i already have a starting spot at DT on junior varsity. it is my first time ever playing with pads, but i secured the spot in yesterdays practice when junior varsities defense was vs varsities offense, i had 2 sacks and 4 running back stops for a loss, so i cant wait!!!! and im only 160 pounds playin DT so it aint easy, so wish me luck and ill keep u all updated!!! oh and our colors are blue, white, and gold, aint that weird?? but yeah im so happy!!!
    Last edited by ramsplaya16; -08-29-2006, 02:13 PM.
    Built RAM tough

  • #2
    Re: my high school team.

    Only 160 pounds? How tall are you...but 160 should be normal playing at a high school level and as a junior.

    I'm like 5'10" and around or close to 120...so I'm a little underweight.

    I was going to join the team this year but, we spent over $7000 on vacations and my birthday is in september, all I want is a $60 jersey though...plus football is $200 or so and this is Canada so it isn't taken seriously...I mean, everyone makes the team because there's a lack of interest. But I was really hoping to join up this year and gun for starting SS/FS, I played 3/4th string WR, 2nd string Safety and First on the kickoff team, 2 spots away from the kicker.

    Anyways congratulations.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: my high school team.

      Originally posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
      hey people! i am so excited, i have played football for 2 weeks and i already have a starting spot at DT on junior varsity. it is my first time ever playing with pads, but i secured the spot in yesterdays practice when junior varsities defense was vs their offense, i had 2 sacks and 4 running back stops for a loss, so i cant wait!!!! and im only 160 pounds playin DT so it aint easy, so wish me luck and ill keep u all updated!!! oh and our colors are blue, white, and gold, aint that weird?? but yeah im so happy!!!
      That's excellent!! Keep up the good work and stay focused and I'm sure you will do great. Enjoy this exciting time and have a blast!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: my high school team.

        Originally posted by Milan View Post
        Only 160 pounds? How tall are you...but 160 should be normal playing at a high school level and as a junior.

        I'm like 5'10" and around or close to 120...so I'm a little underweight.

        I was going to join the team this year but, we spent over $7000 on vacations and my birthday is in september, all I want is a $60 jersey though...plus football is $200 or so and this is Canada so it isn't taken seriously...I mean, everyone makes the team because there's a lack of interest. But I was really hoping to join up this year and gun for starting SS/FS, I played 3/4th string WR, 2nd string Safety and First on the kickoff team, 2 spots away from the kicker.

        Anyways congratulations.

        im 5"10 160 pounds, but i am not fat, actually i think im too skinny to play DT but i have alot of muscle, especially in my legs, i only have like 9% body fat, im really workin hard though but i will keep you guys updated oh and im a freshman btw
        Built RAM tough

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: my high school team.

          Originally posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
          im 5"10 160 pounds, but i am not fat, actually i think im too skinny to play DT but i have alot of muscle, especially in my legs, i only have like 9% body fat, im really workin hard though but i will keep you guys updated oh and im a freshman btw
          Yeah my friend's around your size, he plays Fullback and Linebacker.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: my high school team.

            Originally posted by Milan View Post
            Yeah my friend's around your size, he plays Fullback and Linebacker.
            yeah i have been begging my coach to let me play LB but he stuck me at DT and told me he will work me at LB at certain times
            Built RAM tough

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: my high school team.

              Originally posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
              im 5"10 160 pounds, but i am not fat, actually i think im too skinny to play DT but i have alot of muscle, especially in my legs, i only have like 9% body fat, im really workin hard though but i will keep you guys updated oh and im a freshman btw


              I'm 6 feet tall and wiegh 175, I'm only in eigth grade. I start at tackle on both sides of the ball.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: my high school team.

                Well everyone, its the day of my game, at 6:00 eastern time my turn will be here, I will keep you all updated on my season my games and all of my stats, thank you all for support!
                Built RAM tough

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: my high school team.

                  Well my first game is offically over! Unfortunantly we had to verse the 2nd best team in the county, who has one big team with all varsity players on it, so considering we played a great varsity team we played very good, I forced a fumble on the 2nd play of the game and ended up with about 5 tackles, not bad eh? First time for me and i loved it, ill keep you all updated on my game next week!
                  Built RAM tough

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: my high school team.

                    Sorry I forgot to mention the score,lol we lost 44-21, not bad considering we were jv
                    Built RAM tough

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: my high school team.

                      Well another game ended yesterday, once again, we lost. Lol we suck. But I had the flu so I decided to play but VERY limited time, I only played 4 plays, and I had 3 tackles, so it was an ok game for me, but yeah I'm happy with my preformance and I can't wait until next week
                      Built RAM tough

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: my high school team.

                        Okay well today is the best game I have ever played... I lost my starting spot last week becuz I was sick and I missed practice, but today the left end really screwed up. So in the 2ND quarter I went in, by halftime I had 4 tackles and a sack. And I finished the game with 11 tackles and a sack. I had a great time, u can call me tripple L! (Little leonard little) so I may have lost my startin DT spot but I won a starting LE spot, and best of all...WE WON!!! WOOOOO I AM SOO EXCITED!!! Wooooooooo!!!!
                        Built RAM tough

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: my high school team.

                          Originally posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
                          Okay well today is the best game I have ever played... I lost my starting spot last week becuz I was sick and I missed practice, but today the left end really screwed up. So in the 2ND quarter I went in, by halftime I had 4 tackles and a sack. And I finished the game with 11 tackles and a sack. I had a great time, u can call me tripple L! (Little leonard little) so I may have lost my startin DT spot but I won a starting LE spot, and best of all...WE WON!!! WOOOOO I AM SOO EXCITED!!! Wooooooooo!!!!

                          Good job.

                          Last week I found out that I had made the team, most of my friends consider me to have great hands (I catch one handers behind me with ease), but I'm pretty damn slow for WR, I signed up for Free Safety, I can tackle alright, when me and my friends play football outside after we have finished practice, I make about 4/5 tackles in an hour and a half, and a touchdown or two. Sometimes a forced fumble...but I'm the smallest guy that plays, the rest are around my height but have 20-40 pounds on me.

                          I don't know what my position is even though the first game is next week, I think we're really unprepared because almost all of the grade 10s went to camp, I didn't go but there was no football practice, so I didn't even bother going to school.

                          We have 2 QBs who used to play football in a league outside of school, an amazing RB who still plays rep football and his brother, a DT who also plays rep football.

                          We only play about 4/5 games in a season and I think realistically we're probably going 1-3 or 2-2.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: my high school team.

                            Dang, you guys are tall....... Im only 5'7.... Does milk make you taller?

                            Good job RP16!!

                            My team right now is 0-3 which is very sad... new coaches and new players and new everything. I have recently told that i am the Defensive Team Captain at Linebacker and Defensive End. And Ive been keeping that Leader Spot since last year. I switch positions a lot, keeping the other team guessing. Which has done a lot of great things

                            We suck right now because we only have 17 players on the team... I only get punts and punt returns for breathers so we all are very tired. But I have gotten lots of tackles and sacks. Right now i have about 4 sacks and A LOT of tackles too. On offence i was so close to my first Touchdown of the season but someone pushed me out of bounds at the 1 YARD LINE ANd I WAS SO MAD AND I ALMOST TACKLED THAT JACK*** BUT MY teammates knew that I was about to hit him so my team kept me away from him.... Time expired and we were 1 yard from winning, but we have a bye this week.

                            Has anyone gotten injuried?

                            I sprained my ankle in the first game but I had about two weeks to heal since labor day weekend was after the game. I was on crutches for 1 week. I actually lost my starting TE position but I won it back because the TE that got that spot got injuried because he stupidly decided to sit on a tredmill going on speed 12 and he got his finger under the tredmill and it ripped his skin all the way to the bone. So now im back at Starting TE.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: my high school team.

                              Originally posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
                              Dang, you guys are tall....... Im only 5'7.... Does milk make you taller?

                              Good job RP16!!

                              My team right now is 0-3 which is very sad... new coaches and new players and new everything. I have recently told that i am the Defensive Team Captain at Linebacker and Defensive End. And Ive been keeping that Leader Spot since last year. I switch positions a lot, keeping the other team guessing. Which has done a lot of great things

                              We suck right now because we only have 17 players on the team... I only get punts and punt returns for breathers so we all are very tired. But I have gotten lots of tackles and sacks. Right now i have about 4 sacks and A LOT of tackles too. On offence i was so close to my first Touchdown of the season but someone pushed me out of bounds at the 1 YARD LINE ANd I WAS SO MAD AND I ALMOST TACKLED THAT JACK*** BUT MY teammates knew that I was about to hit him so my team kept me away from him.... Time expired and we were 1 yard from winning, but we have a bye this week.

                              Has anyone gotten injuried?

                              I sprained my ankle in the first game but I had about two weeks to heal since labor day weekend was after the game. I was on crutches for 1 week. I actually lost my starting TE position but I won it back because the TE that got that spot got injuried because he stupidly decided to sit on a tredmill going on speed 12 and he got his finger under the tredmill and it ripped his skin all the way to the bone. So now im back at Starting TE.
                              Ouch.

                              I was 5'6"-5'7" in my first year of High school, now I'm almost 5'11" in my second year.

                              17 players? How'd you manage that? Is there no interest? Even here in Canada we had about 70 trying out and we cut it down to 40.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Guest's Avatar
                                Horns and Pinstripes, what about you?
                                by Guest
                                First off, Let me say that i'm happy to be here. It's great to know most of us like the Rams enough to join this forum. Secondly, I especially wish those Rams fans who came from the L.A. years, ALL THE BEST. I was with ya'll as a little boy in the Coliseum for a couple year, and then for about 10 in the Mighty Big A, and those were some of my best times cheering for the Horned Blue and Yellow.
                                :helmet:
                                Now i'm gonna lay you out. THE NY YANKEES are my second ?favorite team :cool: I was about 6 years old and Bucky Dent hit the homer vs the BoSux and my dad bought me a Yankee cap and i never took it off, it was one of the only things he ever bought me, besides my construction boots (actually i stole those from him):evil: Anyways to make a long story short, the Rams and Yanks are my favorite pastimes, and I'm wondering what all ya'lls favorite other teams are. Feel free to crucify me about the Yankees, cause i've heard em' all before. RAMS AND YANKEES, HORNS AND PINSTRIPES, TILL I'M DEAD BABY
                                -02-13-2002, 05:00 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                A new me
                                by RamWraith
                                Since I got married I can safely say I put on a few pounds from my college days of binge drinking and late night trips to the Chicken Hut, McDonalds etc... As I have got older (36) I starting noticing that things just don't work like they use to. So I decided that dropping a few pounds might be a good idea.

                                Since January 1st, I have lost 40lbs, and feel back to my old self. 40 was my goal by April 16th (my birthday). I am now going to ease back into the mainstream food and continue to watch what I eat until then. I am hoping now to hit 50 by the 16th.
                                -03-07-2007, 04:45 PM
                              • Milan
                                Dealing with Sports Performance Anxiety
                                by Milan
                                Usually, just before a football game for my high school team, I get nervous, scared and really don't feel like talking to anyone, it forces me to not enjoy the game at all. Now I have a dilemma, I want to join an OVFL team (O.J Atogwe used to play in the OVFL as a teen) but what's keeping me from joining is my fear of making mistakes...This seasons I was 2nd string for about 3/8 games and first string at either CB or FS for the remainder (I was second string in the beginning because of my size and my coaches not knowing I could play with the rest because of my size), I had one interception, and 2 tackles, one which was an open field, and I missed two tackles (One on a 2 point convert). The one on the 2 point convert was just the QB getting away from me, and the first one I missed was me being scared of making a mistake. My friends and coaches tell me that my coverage skills are great and I am one of the smallest on the team so they tell me I'm also 'tough'. But despite this, I still have fears when I play football. Is there any way to deal with Sports Performance Anxiety? BRM, maybe you have an answer, being a former football player and a coach right now?
                                -03-11-2007, 06:45 PM
                              • San Diego Ram
                                A bet with my college professor
                                by San Diego Ram
                                I live in San Diego and i am being ridiculed at school by everyone for being a rams fan. At my work i getting so much crap as well.

                                In my English class, my professor make a bet with me. ( I was actually kinda forced into the bet by peer pressure)

                                If STL wins Sunday i do not have to take my mid-term and i am guaranteed an A. But if STL loses,i have to wear my Ryan Matthews jersey and paint my face yellow and blue with a bolt on the side of my cheek. and Rams suck on my forehead.

                                I didn't really agree to this bet, but the bet was approved with my classmates.......

                                WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                -10-13-2010, 08:27 PM
                              • AvengerRam
                                The Rams have my loyalty, but they'll have to earn...
                                by AvengerRam
                                ...my time.

                                Time for a little post-debacle rambling, if may be so indulgent...

                                I, like most of you, have a lot going on in my life. Family, kids, work, hobbies, etc.

                                My time is valuable.

                                So where do the Rams fit in all of that?

                                The Rams are a distraction. Entertainment. A whimsical interlude between the moments that really matter.

                                I am a fan. I have been for decades. That's not going to change.

                                But I'm not a true fanatic. Not at this point in my life, when I'm several years older than the oldest player on the team.

                                When the distraction.... the entertainment... the whimsical interlude becomes instead a source of embarrassment, hopelessness, and stress...

                                Well, at that point, is ceases to be something worth the allocation of my precious time.

                                So... where does that leave me?

                                Next Sunday, when the Rams play the Seahawks... maybe I won't glue myself to Red Zone. Maybe I'll ride my bike, or go to the gym, or see a movie.

                                We'll see. We'll see what Sunday brings.

                                The week after that, I've got tickets to see the Rams play the Bucs. I'll be there. Heck, I may even bring my optimism with me.

                                But... at some point...

                                I'm not sure this version of the Rams, with these coaches, and these players, is worth too much of my time.

                                Maybe I'm just getting a little old for all of this.

                                Maybe the years of futility are finally catching up with me (I can just hear a few of you saying... "yes... come to the dark side!... let the hate flow through you..." )

                                I'll always be around... watching... lurking... waiting... hoping...

                                But active fandom for this team?

                                It doesn't seem to be worth my time right now.

                                Maybe tomorrow....
                                -09-13-2016, 07:00 AM
                              Working...
                              X