RB Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB Questions

Why didnt the rams draft the RB from Boise ST ( I forgot his name), i tohught he had a great workout, plus he had the balls to propose to his girlfriend on national television lol

Re: RB Questions

Ian Johnson thats his name

Comment

Brian Leonard may become a fulltime backup RB this year hopefully/

Comment

Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
        Brian Leonard may become a fulltime backup RB this year hopefully/
        Yeah i actually like him, i hope he just forgets about being a fullback and cuts on some weight

Comment

If Leonard starts running north and south again we cool. The Jackson shuffle wont work for him ;)
          All bets are Goff

Comment

Well, the last regime was trying to make him the fullback, by drafting him and then cutting Hedgecock. The problem was that they also wanted him to be the backup running back, and so he was caught in between, as he couldn't bulk up to block, but couldn't cut any weight or else he couldn't block.

Now with Karney in the fold, I think Spags can tell him that he's going to be backup RB, and that he can shed some of that blocking weight so that he can try to add some speed. Plus, he can stop working on run blocking and focus more on running and catching and pass blocking, so that should help. I love the kid, hopefully he finally gets a position that he can concentrate on.
            I believe!:ram:

Comment

I cant wait to see him Hop over someone again,

Remember when he hopped over that raider player!?!
              That was great

Comment

I watched a lot of Ian Johnson and think he would excel on special teams and be great third down back with nice hands. Put up good #s at the combine. 4.46 40, 26reps. Saw that he signed with the Vikings last night. Front office just a little to slow.

Comment

Originally posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
                  I cant wait to see him Hop over someone again,

Remember when he hopped over that raider player!?!
                  That was great

I REMEMBER THAT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY!!! LOL!!! yeah that was a very athletic move.

Comment

I like Leonard. I really really hope he becomes the back up. Cut the weight man and just run hard.

Comment

did we cut pittman?? i thought he was pretty good #2 or 3 back

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Servox28
                        best RB of all time
                        by Servox28
                        (in my opinion) YouTube - Marshall Faulk highlights
                        -06-05-2010, 05:07 AM
                      • richtree
                        Drafting a #2 RB High is a Waste of time
                        by richtree
                        Here is my agrument not to draft a RB until round 5 or later(if at all).

1. SJAX is elite back . He will want a ton of carries and catches. He is rare 3 down back. He will be happy the more he is out there.

2. 2 backs with a star in front doesn't = any more wins (LT sproles, AP C.Taylor , etc)

3. The Oline makes the backup RB. ex. D.Ward found cut off Practice squad. Patriots throw anyone back there as #2 RB with success. #2 Backs should fit your system and excel in the limited action for blocking, change of pace, speed.

Prime example is --> T. Choice Cowboys. Good O-Line people thought F.Jones was amazing, then when T. Choice was given some time he worked great as well. If F.Jones was on the Bengals last year he would have done squat.

4. If we drafted someone like Ian Johnson, McCoy, etc. They will want touches and if successful demand to be traded or paid since they are picked high in the draft and want to start. Creates a bad situation.

5. Darby and Pittman looked ok. I think if we started the season with the addition of Brown, Fells, Karney, and a healthy McMichael or blocking would be alot better.

6. Finally, we have other needs that are much more important.

LB, DT, OL, WR = four biggest needs (first four rounds)

If I have to pick a 5th need it would be pass Rushing End.

so that makes #2 RB our 6th need or 7th if you want another CB first.

Just my take on it all
                        -03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
                      • bruce4life
                        I have a prediction on who will become the Rams No.2 RB
                        by bruce4life
                        This is all mere speculation but I am leaning towards the Dominic Rhodes becoming the Rams No.2 RB this season. He just got cut from the Bills and fits the billing( no pun intended) of what we need in a NO.2
                        -09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
                      • a.p.quinn
                        Backup RB
                        by a.p.quinn
                        If there's no one suitable shaken from the trees around the NFL to be no. 2. Need to sign a running back that can pass block. Doesn't have to be a great running back, just needs to be able to pass block. Darby can't, Toston isn't particularly good, Ogbannaya is iffy. That or just put a backup OG or DT in at running back on pass plays from time to time... Really bored, just thinking out loud.
                        -08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
                      • steviej
                        Better R.b?
                        by steviej
                        Who would you rather have?
                        Marshal Faulk
                        28.57%
                        Steven Jackson
                        28.57%
                        Both
                        42.86%
                        -12-30-2005, 01:35 PM