2010 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Draft

after going through many scouting reports and watching some film on 2010 prospects ive narrowed it down to two players. to tell you the truth i cant believe im saying this but none of these two players is a qb. to me its between Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State orNdamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska (6-4, 305)...yes i know we drafted jason smith last year blah blah blah but unless he plays LT we need this mammoth of a tackle lol..the only reason not to consider drafting him is if Alex Barron continues to play well and if that stays the same we go DT with our first pick. the only way the rams should consider drafting a QB in the first round is if Sam Bradford finishes up the season in beast mode or something...other than that i dont think no Qb is worth a top ten pick..id like to hear your guys opinion on this post..please be nice i dont want to bad rep anyone=)
    ill rep those that give good counter examples on why im wrong and rep those who can further explain my reasonings.. thanks

Re: 2010 Draft

Originally posted by McKnight
    I don't see anyway we pick a DT in the first round unless we trade down with another team and pick up extra draft choices. reason 1 being that we need a QB because Marc is done and Kyle is only a stop gap. OT is an option but I agree with AV when he said that we would be able to find a RT later in the draft. We have too many needs and if we can pick up more draft picks, we would be better for it. oh, and if you're going to be giving rep you need to get some rep first, so when you give rep it will make more of an impact. lol like this.... REP to you good sir
    Again I dont think putting a rookie back there getting sacked 30+ times a season is gonna be a good idea. We need a solid nose tackles to fill gaps and get penetration in the middle. We can try to get a qb in FA.

Comment

yeah i don't think qb is the answer in the first round next year. i don't see bulger getting cut after this season (mostly for financial reasons) so if a qb is drafted it will probably be more of a developmental guy in the 2nd or 3rd round. if one of clausen/locker/snead falls to the second round, and i think one of them probably will, take him.

in the first round i'd rather go with carlos dunlap or ndamukong suh, assuming we're picking in the top 5. these guys would both be excellent additions to our d-line, and basically exactly what we need there. i know qb is ingrained into the minds of football fans and most people want to go that way if there's any doubt whatsoever, but patience is the only way to dig ourselves out of this hole, and a shiny new first-round qb does us no good without fixing the line first. that's why the smart ones build from the inside out.

Comment

This is my reasoning.

1) The weak link of our O-Line is our interior, mainly our guards position.

2) We should be upgrading our guard positions in the draft.

3) If we DO plan to draft some guards to solidify that position, then drafting a QB in round 1 wouldn't be that much of a problem.

4) I really like Suh, but I also like Terrence Cody the NT from Alabama.

5) I'm kind of hesitant on Okung. He was projected to be a low 1st round, high 2nd round pick last year. The reason? Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, and about 4-5 other tackles were rated higher than him. This does not bode very well for him. He may have improved since last year though. So we'll see.

Right now, my draft plan would be: Trade down a little bit, maybe to the 15-25 range, and getting an extra 2nd round pick, and then try to draft Terrence Cody in the first round. Although he may only be a two down player, every time this guy comes in, opposing O-linemen will sweat with fear.

Then, with our two 2nd round picks, we can draft a DE, SLB, QB, WR, any of them.

Then, with our or

Comment

I say we draft Jimmy Clausen and stick him behind Bulger or Boller. Only if Clausen is available 2nd round, but I doubt it

Comment

Let's keep an eye on Jake Locker out of Washington for the draft at QB. He may be a hot item now, but chances are he'll be around the top 10 in next year's draft. My early thoughts on the subject.

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by mde8352gorams View Post
              Let's keep an eye on Jake Locker out of Washington for the draft at QB. He may be a hot item now, but chances are he'll be around the top 10 in next year's draft. My early thoughts on the subject.

Go Rams!
              Good point. Locker will be intriguing in 2011, especially now that he's playing under Steve Sarkisian in a more pro-style offense. I don't think Locker comes out after this year though, so if the Rams look for their QB of the future in this draft, he probably doesn't factor in.

Comment

I realize that I may be in the minority opinion here, but I would be interested in acquiring more "speed players" over re-building the O-line. I don't know if Alex Barron will stay after next year, but seeing Chicago pick up Devon Hester (and watching that kid run) makes me feel we lost a good opportunity at some offense. Mark Sanchez is really impressive at the way he is developing into a QB talent...that reminds me of a young Troy Aikman.

Oh yes, Jason Smith, our pick. Not a bad selection my any means, I just wish that we could get him back onto the playing field.

Before I forget, I was dead-wrong about Michael Crabtree. As it turns out, that would have been drafting trouble with a capital "T." I thought that he would be an immediate Torry Holt potential player.

Best to all Ram fans !!!!!

Next season, assuming the Rams are not sold, I hope for 1. speed and 2. next QB to succeed Bulger.

Comment

Originally posted by Toicat View Post
                  I realize that I may be in the minority opinion here, but I would be interested in acquiring more "speed players" over re-building the O-line. I don't know if Alex Barron will stay after next year, but seeing Chicago pick up Devon Hester (and watching that kid run) makes me feel we lost a good opportunity at some offense. Mark Sanchez is really impressive at the way he is developing into a QB talent...that reminds me of a young Troy Aikman.

Oh yes, Jason Smith, our pick. Not a bad selection my any means, I just wish that we could get him back onto the playing field.

Before I forget, I was dead-wrong about Michael Crabtree. As it turns out, that would have been drafting trouble with a capital "T." I thought that he would be an immediate Torry Holt potential player.

Best to all Ram fans !!!!!

Next season, assuming the Rams are not sold, I hope for 1. speed and 2. next QB to succeed Bulger.
                  Well at #2, he would've been signed because he would be getting the money he wants...So who knows if he'll be great or not...
                  Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I'm going with this route. Stick with me guys. You can light me up with criticism. I don't mind. haha

#1 - Cody. He is going to be a monster. We are a defensive team, it would be foolish not to take him.

#2 - Here is the criticism. Tim Tebow. He's a winner. Since we are running a west coast style, all he has to do is hit slants and occasionally launch a long ball (which he can do).

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                      I'm going with this route. Stick with me guys. You can light me up with criticism. I don't mind. haha

#1 - Cody. He is going to be a monster. We are a defensive team, it would be foolish not to take him.

#2 - Here is the criticism. Tim Tebow. He's a winner. Since we are running a west coast style, all he has to do is hit slants and occasionally launch a long ball (which he can do).
                      i am all aboard going this route

Comment

If QB is the way the team is going to go, I'd like Locker as well, particularly if the line remains weak. He is great at avoiding the rush and can take off with the ball if the pocket collapses.

That being said, I'm not sure QB is the way to go. This team has too many holes to get too caught up in looking for a particular position. I think the best way to go is to take the top available player on the board at the time. There is no position on the team so solid that it can't be upgraded.

Comment