This could be the deepest draft in quite awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be the deepest draft in quite awhile

With all the talent that came back last year and with the CBA issue looming, lot's of JR's will be coming out this year making this draft a very deep draft.....which is good for an 0-6 Rams team that needs help at every position. That's right, every position....even RB. Not saying we need to go RB in Round 1 but this team needs playmakers, someone like a Sproles to help Jackson and on ST. The Rams have a chance to get better quick by picking high again in this draft.

This will be the year Deveaney earns his stripes. This is another chance like he had with the Falcons to get this team better quickly. With all the talent that this draft will have in it, it's imperative that the Rams start doing their homework now.

Re: This could be the deepest draft in quite awhile

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
    That's right, every position....even RB. Not saying we need to go RB in Round 1 but this team needs playmakers, someone like a Sproles to help Jackson and on ST.
    I think we should wait another year on getting the number 2 rb. See if we can grab the bama Rb if he goes in the draft jr year.

Comment

can probably get a scat back in the 5th round...looking at whose gonna be available i think we could get a good value possible franchise QB in the second..
      i hope we go either WR or D-line in the first...Dez Bryant,Gerald McCoy or Dunlap i think would rank higher than any QB now that Bradford got a banged up throwing shoulder.
      i dont think any of the other QB`s would warrant a top 5 pick..and if you reach for a QB you just gonna add to the chances of him becoming a bust by adding more pressure onto his shoulders..think there will be atleast a couple of good value QB prospects when we pick in the second...and by spending the 1st pick on a talented wideout like Bryant..the chances of him succeeding will be better.

Bryant,Robinson,Avery,Burton,Amendola & Foster sounds sweet to me.

Comment

The Rams need a #2 RB but they can use a veteran. LenDale White or Chester Taylor!

Bryant being suspended is going to exclude him from the top 5 picks. Ingram is a true Soph I believe. He isn't available to the NFL for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
          Bryant being suspended is going to exclude him from the top 5 picks.
          see how long Bryant gets suspended for..is hardly a major crime he`s been suspended for and aslong as he doesnt miss too much time i dont see it effecting where he gets selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
            see how long Bryant gets suspended for..is hardly a major crime he`s been suspended for and aslong as he doesnt miss too much time i dont see it effecting where he gets selected.
            He's already been suspended the rest of the season.

Comment

RAMS MUST PUT THAT 5TH ROUND PICK TO GOOD USE AND PICK UP THIS GUY
              JASON PIERRE-PAUL crazy dlineman
              Pierre-Paul Moving Up on NFL Draft Board Says Kiper | theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL

Comment

no we need to get RYAN MATTHEWS if possible RD 2...He is underrated cause he plays at Fresno State but hes the nations leading rusher

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Richbert88
                  No QB in the draft next year.
                  by Richbert88
                  This team still has alot of things to do before becoming a playoff caliber team. Young players maturing..............players staying healthy.

I would much rather see the Rams address other needs. If things go poorly again, which with they're luck with injuries it will, then next year they might have a shot at Locker. And that may well be the last very high pick this team sees in a while.

I think Suh in the first, then chase BPA in round 2 and 3, then needs in the rest of the draft. Continue to sign young FAs.

Whose going to play QB? Whose playing it now.

Little may retire? who knows. Let's get the rest of the base team fixed up before the QB of the future arrives. Rothsburger style.
                  -12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
                • richtree
                  2010 Draft Strategy
                  by richtree
                  Ok, we will be picking top 5 again at best 6th.

QB is number 1 priority.

Unless we go after Kolb, Vick, or Derek Anderson we are picking a QB in Round 1.

So is it gonna be Teabow, Bradford, or McCoy?

Then the big Question is what need to we get in round 2?

So would agrue if there is big time play maker on the defensive side of the ball we should grad a big time LB or DE that can rush the QB.

I will continue to update this thread based on who we should be looking at, and who we should avoid.

I feel we should try to grab a OLineman in free agency this year and our draft picks should be used on QB, WR, DLine, StronSide LB.

I really haven't gotten to look at who will be free agents in the league and what our options are, so this is just to spark convo throughout what looks to be a 4 win season at very best.

TBC......

-rt
                  -09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
                • txramsfan
                  Draft Ideas for next year
                  by txramsfan
                  Where do the Rams need to concentrate on during the 2002 NFL draft? I am under the impression that a QB and lots of D help are really going to be needed, especially in the depth department on D. Not to say the QB necessarily has to start, and not that we need to waste a 1st RD pick on one, but it would be nice to have the insurance policy.

I know the draft is far away, but we should be able to see how the Rams have played and find spots where shoring up is needed.

Thoughts?

:nerd:
                  Quarterback
                  23.08%
                  Linebacker
                  7.69%
                  D Line
                  30.77%
                  O Line
                  7.69%
                  D Secondary
                  0.00%
                  Skill Positions
                  30.77%
                  -11-28-2001, 08:21 AM
                • dgr828
                  Maybe Rams should draft RB with their 1st pick.
                  by dgr828
                  Ingram out Alabama comes to mind. Its time to shake things up! If the Rams are to get back to winning ways. That being said the Rams may have to trade Steven Jackson. The prospects of a QB out college taking over the reigns for the Rams is not great, so the best thing to do is get a FA QB in here. B QUINN, MATT LEINART, VICK come to mind. Along with a RB in the draft or top skills player will start to shake things up for this team!
                  -11-28-2009, 05:01 AM
                • mikhal5569
                  Confused about the supplemental draft
                  by mikhal5569
                  I haven't had a ton of time to look into this, but to the best of my knowledge the Supplemental Draft recently happened a week or two ago, correct?

What is the status of the running back everyone seems to want, Harvey Unga? Do the Rams have the first rights to drop a fourth or fifth round pick down for him or is this more of the highest bidder type thing?

Also, how long do the teams have to make their bid for Supplemental Draft players?

All I know is we could really use a back like Unga.
                  -07-14-2010, 06:40 AM
                Working...
                X