No Suh for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Suh for you!

I've been doing some thinking, and I don't think I can go through another season with an average or late round quarterback as out future.

Suh is ***THE*** most coveted player in the draft. We control his fate, and we get what want in whatever trade there is. Everyone in the league would love to have him, but Suh as a DT cannot make the same impact as a franchise, Manning/Brady/Breesesque QB.

TRADE DOWN! Even if only a few spots, we still get Bradford or Clausen, we pull off a Chargers/Giants type trade and get all sorts of picks to fill ALL the holes we have.

PASS ON SUH! TRADE DOWN!

Re: No Suh for you!

What makes you think Bradford or Claussen are the next best QBs?
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Simple Solution: Sign Mike Vick for two years and Draft Suh. Look for Locker in 2011 draft....

Comment

Originally posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
        Simple Solution: Sign Mike Vick for two years and Draft Suh. Look for Locker in 2011 draft....
        been my thoughts since week 1.

Comment

But that makes our offense worse.....:|

Comment

I find it funny that you include Brees and Brady in your argument.

Brees was drafted at the end of the second round.

Brady was drafted in the sixth round.

Your draft position does not guarantee success.

Comment

sign Pennington for a one year deal. hold off one more year for a qb or look for whosever available in the second

Comment

Better solution, sign pennington, campbell, or orton to a two year contract, so we actually have a decent QB to try and mentor a round 2 or 3 pick

Comment

yeah pennington, campbell or even garcia could come in and play for a year or two at least - campbell could possibly be a long-term answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
                    Better solution, sign pennington, campbell, or orton to a two year contract, so we actually have a decent QB to try and mentor a round 2 or 3 pick
                    Orton is restricted CBA or not. Pennington no thanks. I would like Campbell, I think he is the best possible option, but what does the new coach do with him?

Comment

If I had a crystall ball and I knew Locker would be there for the Rams in 2011, then I'd do it in a second. Alas, we aren't privy to that information, which is exactly why teams draft a QB when they can regardless of who is coming out the following year.

As for the original question, there is no franchise QB in this draft IMO. If Bradford hadn't gotten injured and he proved he could perform behind a sub-par line this season, then he would be that franchise guy. I still think spending a top 8 pick on one of them (depending how far back we trade if we went in that direction) is a bit of a risk. Unless we are overwhelmed with an offer, I would stay put and draft Suh.

Comment

Unless the offer is amazing - and though Suh is highly regarded, I don't think it will be because of the contract cost and the cost in picks - then I probably would not move out of the top spot.

Comment

Originally posted by peramoure View Post
                          I've been doing some thinking, and I don't think I can go through another season with an average or late round quarterback as out future.

Suh is ***THE*** most coveted player in the draft. We control his fate, and we get what want in whatever trade there is. Everyone in the league would love to have him, but Suh as a DT cannot make the same impact as a franchise, Manning/Brady/Breesesque QB.

TRADE DOWN! Even if only a few spots, we still get Bradford or Clausen, we pull off a Chargers/Giants type trade and get all sorts of picks to fill ALL the holes we have.

PASS ON SUH! TRADE DOWN!
                          We'll still be able to get a decent QB in the top of round 2 and get King Kong... why not do that?

Comment

Who says there will be a QB in the 2nd? We thought Freeman would fall and the Bucs took him in the late first round.

Suh is the best player. Period. Everyone wants him, which is why we capitalize, pick up another first rounder to move back a few picks, and we get a quarterback early. I can't take another season of garbage offense and a "stopgap" at quarterback.

So we get Vick and don't make the playoffs. We wait for Locker or whoever the supposed franchise guy is next year.

So we get Campbell and don't make the playoffs. We wait for Locker or whoever the supposed franchise guy is next year.

So we get Pennington and don't make the playoffs. We wait for Locker or whoever the supposed franchise guy is next year.

Then what? We rebuild around a rookie quarterback NEXT year and extend this project?

Lets make the most of the first overall. We will get a helluva deal in this bidding war for Suh, and Clausen or Bradford are the overwhelming favorites as best quarterback. We need to fill more holes than DT, and all of you know that. Suh isn't going to make this defense a perennial powerhouse, just like Glenn Dorsey (or Jimmy Kennedy, or Ryan, or Carriker, or Long or any of these superstar DLineman have) did.

Do you guys remember the hype around Chris Long? Dorsey? Any of these guys aforementioned? Suh is the best, clearly, among these guys. We know that. But I would rather roll the dice on a franchise QB, get extra picks and probably ANOTHER first rounder for next year to move back.

Done.

Adios

Comment

And seriously, think about it. Chargers and Giants for instance, in the dumps, go get Manning and Rivers. Both are competitors for the superbowl. The quarterback has the ball EVERY play, and Suh might make an impact on 20-30% of plays.

Super Bowl winners. Trend here?

1993 Cowboys - Aikman
                              1994 Cowboys - Aikman
                              1995 ***** - Young
                              1996 Cowboys - Aikman
                              1997 Packers - Favre
                              1998 Broncos - Elway
                              1999 Broncos - Elway
                              2000 Rams - Warner
                              2001 Ravens - Dilfer
                              2002 Patriots - Brady
                              2003 Bucs - Brad Johnson (22TDs, 6 picks)
                              2004 Patriots - Brady
                              2005 Patriots - Brady
                              2006 Steelers - Ben R
                              2007 Colts - Manning
                              2008 Giants - Manning
                              2009 Steelers - BenR

You tell me an *average* QB can take this team somewhere. Suh can't make our QB any better, and he damned well isn't going to magically pick the defense up and make us playoff bound (like we've predicted with Long, Carriker, blah blah blah)

Comment