Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Kolb & draft Sui?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Get Kolb & draft Sui?

    There are talks that Eagles might want to trade QB Kevin Kolb. I think he has the potential to be a good QB and we can probably get him for maybe 2- # 2 draft picks. We can sign Kolb and then sign Sui in 1st rd.
    Last edited by rob6465; -01-02-2010, 06:12 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

    With McNabb getting older and Vick not really starter material anymore I would be surprised if they traded him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

      I want Kolb so bad!!!! I think he's QB with great potential. Plus Kolb threw to Avery in College, and I think he's solid material!

      As for Suh, I wouldn't mind him on our D

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

        Your in the wrong section buddy

        but i had a thread on this earlier like last month. It might take a 2nd and 6th which is a bit much for a QB that we only saw for 3 good games

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

          Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
          Your in the wrong section buddy

          but i had a thread on this earlier like last month. It might take a 2nd and 6th which is a bit much for a QB that we only saw for 3 good games
          That is a steep price, but Shurmur has extensive experience with him being his QB coach since he came in the league. He probably knows his game more than anyone else. So I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the trigger in fact I would expect it, IF he were to go on the block. Even though it is unlikely I think there is a shot, especially if the eagles get to the superbowl or deep in the playoffs with McNabb. I think they would sell while his value is high and before he hits the market after 2010 and and they get nothing. Also when you look at this QB class which isn't particularly strong an experienced Cob is probably instantly better than Claussen or Bradford. Also take in account he has thrown to Amendola, Gibson, and Avery at least a little in the past. IMO great fit if he happens to go on the trade block, makes alot of sense in many different ways.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

            Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
            That is a steep price, but Shurmur has extensive experience with him being his QB coach since he came in the league. He probably knows his game more than anyone else. So I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the trigger in fact I would expect it, IF he were to go on the block. Even though it is unlikely I think there is a shot, especially if the eagles get to the superbowl or deep in the playoffs with McNabb. I think they would sell while his value is high and before he hits the market after 2010 and and they get nothing. Also when you look at this QB class which isn't particularly strong an experienced Cob is probably instantly better than Claussen or Bradford. Also take in account he has thrown to Amendola, Gibson, and Avery at least a little in the past. IMO great fit if he happens to go on the trade block, makes alot of sense in many different ways.
            eagles getting deep in the plays dont mean nothing the eagles already extended mcnabb's contract

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

              Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
              eagles getting deep in the plays dont mean nothing the eagles already extended mcnabb's contract
              Actually it has plenty to do with it. First off McNabb and Kolb are both Free Agents in 2011. Do they keep going forward with McNabb or do they re-up the younger option and go with him. That has alot to do with McNabb winning, because that is the only thing that is going to keep him going in Phili.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                I think the chances of the Eagles dealing Kolb are pretty slim. They drafted him knowing full well that they wouldn't need him for a couple of seasons, but that he was their future franchise QB. If somehow they were in the mindset of dealing him, it's going to be a steep price. I'm thinking Matt Schaub steep.

                For those who don't remember, the Falcons sent Schaub and their 2007 first round pick (10th overall) to the Texans for their 2007 first round pick (8th overall), their 2007 second round pick, and their 2008 second round pick. So not only did the Falcons gain value in the first round with a pick swap, but they gained two extra second round picks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                  Kolb isn't going anywhere. His contract doesn't expire until after next season. Eagles will keep his as insurance this year, and he will probably sign an extension similar to Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers waited because he knew the Packers were a great team and knew he'd start when Favre was gone. Kolb has a great thing being an Eagle cause they will always compete, so he would be stupid to leave because he is their QB of the future.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                    Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    I think the chances of the Eagles dealing Kolb are pretty slim. They drafted him knowing full well that they wouldn't need him for a couple of seasons, but that he was their future franchise QB. If somehow they were in the mindset of dealing him, it's going to be a steep price. I'm thinking Matt Schaub steep.

                    For those who don't remember, the Falcons sent Schaub and their 2007 first round pick (10th overall) to the Texans for their 2007 first round pick (8th overall), their 2007 second round pick, and their 2008 second round pick. So not only did the Falcons gain value in the first round with a pick swap, but they gained two extra second round picks.
                    If I did the math right moving swapping 1 round picks picks was 100 points 2nd round pick 8 500 points. 2nd round pick 16 is 420. So it ended up being a 1,020 point trade. So if the Rams gave up a our 2nd this year (580 points) one of their 5th's this year and their 2nd next year your getting close to equal value as the Schaub trade. Would we do that idk, how much do you like Kolb?

                    You can look at even more recent history in the Casssell trade. Cassell had more starts than both Kolb and Schaub who both only had 2 starts before the trade. The Chiefs gave up a high second and an aging Mike Vrabel. That can't be equal to more than a high 2nd and 5th which we have. Would Reid hookup his buddies Shurmur and Spags like Billecheat hooked up Pioli? Who Knows, but we have done businesses before in the Spoon trade.

                    All in all i think it is possible for our 33rd overall pick, 2nd next year, and a mid round pick this year. I only see it happening if the Rams think that he could make a Schaub type impact and his ex QB coach might have that type of faith in him. IMO if the eagles give you a shot Kolb makes a ton of sense here and you take him.

                    Suh and a good young QB, I can only dream right?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                      Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
                      Would we do that idk, how much do you like Kolb?
                      Not enough to give up two second round picks and an additional pick.

                      Also, the Cassel trade doesn't seem like a great comparison, since Cassel was a late round pick who probably wasn't drafted to be the future of the franchise. Kolb was, so the Eagles are in a position to ask for more than the Pats did with Cassel.

                      But overall, I think this team has too many areas in need of improvement to sacrifice those kinds of picks for one player who may or may not be successful as a full time starter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                        The eagles have all the pieces to make a championship run for the next couple of years. The only barriors to getting there is losing a QB and having a serious drop off in play with the back up. Kolb has played well and he is that insurance needed for this team to grind out the long NFL season.

                        Bottom line is Kolb will be for sale but the price will be so high and even then the Eagles may pass on the deal.

                        Go Rams

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Get Kolb & draft Sui?

                          Last year it we got Laurinaitis in the 2nd. Would you have traded Kolb for Laurinaitis?

                          Comment

                          Loading...
                          Working...
                          X