How should Suh handle the offseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should Suh handle the offseason?

If you were advising Ndamukong Suh regarding offseason activities, what would you tell him to do?
    Don't risk anything. Interview at the Combine and do a private workout. That's it.
    19.18%
    Work out at the Combine and in private workouts, but avoid All-Star games.
    41.10%
    Do it all. Senior Bowl, Combine and private workout. You have nothing to hide.
    39.73%

Re: How should Suh handle the offseason?

As a fan, I'd love to see Suh in the Senior Bowl, but I don't think that's his best move. Anything short of a dominant performance, and he risks falling from the top spot. More importantly, what if some OG trying to make a name for himself takes his legs out? Not worth the risk.

That said, I would have him workout at the Combine. If he does well at the bench press and in quickess drills (as I expect he will), that only solidifies his position without any major risk of injury.

Comment

I'm a pretty conservative dude, and the only direction to go for Suh is down. So, I'd probably tell him to interview and do the private workouts. However, as AV said, a limited appearance at the Combine might solidify his spot.

But if I let him talk to the media at all, I would be teaching him lines like.....

"I'm just looking for an opportunity to join a team that I can make better."

"I'm eager to get a chance to prove my worth to a team that needs me."
      Anything team related, that shows he wants and desires to be a part of a building process. I may even lose all subtlety and have him some.......

"Mmm, mm, I sure could go for some Rigazzi's pasta and Ted Drew's custard, while watching the greatest hitter of our time, Albert Pujols, play some stickball. Carp and Wainy got robbed!"
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Participate at the Combine, but not at the Senior Bowl. He can't take too much off, because a good showing by Gerald McCoy at the combine might muddy the waters and close any gap between the two guys. Plus, with both QBs out for the combine, Suh might be able to gain some more distance ahead of everyone else by showing up and wowing people. The guy is a heck of an athlete, so he should be able to take advantage of the situation.

Comment

He has got to go to the combine and show up for the coaches. Yet i would advise him to avoid the senior bowl, lets not risk injury with no potential gain.

Comment

It's hard to quantify if it impacts your draft status but it just seems that if you don't participate in the drills at the combine, you are trying to hide something. Either you don't have the speed everyone else has and want to avoid the apples to apples comparison by moving to a quicker field or something is wrong physically. I think it is beneficial to participate at the combine but even if he avoids it I'm not sure he doesn't go #1.

If he plays in the all-star games he's taking a massive risk.

Comment

OK...I picked the Senior Bowl, Combine and private workouts before I thought it through. I answered as a "fan" as Av mentioned instead of as an adviser because I'd really like to see him play. If I could have a do-over I'd have him participate at the combine and in private workouts.

(Personally, I'm interested to see how he measures up against Gerald McCoy and the other DT's because I haven't seen him play much. If McCoy closes the gap immensely it might make me rethink trading down more and picking up extra picks. But, I doubt that happens.)
              Last edited by viper; -01-05-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I chose to do nothing, because this guy can seriously only lose ground. Everyone thinks he's the top player in the draft, and giving the media anything more to scrutinize/over analyze can only be negative to him. No one will say "wow, he's awesome just as we thought", they'll only concentrate on negatives.

Comment

Most importantly, he needs to be learning the Rams playbook. Everything else is secondary.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

As a rams fan i want him 2 do it all so he can prove 2 spags that he should be the pick cuz last year the lions took stafford (not a once in a decade QB) over fan favorite aaron curry

Comment

To elaborate on what Suh could be doing this offseason, if I were him, I'd be looking for property in St Louis and working out with Long, Carriker, Ryan, Scott, Little Animal............

Just a thought.
                      Semper Fi!

Comment

I think he should challenge NFL rules in a public spectacle, show up for the Combine 20 lbs. over weight, dog it through the 40, get an agent from Death Row Records, forgo a traditional signing bonus, take out loans with the mob, rob a few people outside a strip joint, flee from the police with a trunk full of firearms and a katana, spit on the police, and use racial epithets when they come after him.

I know of someone who could give him pointers if they allow visitors in solitary.

Comment

god do i want him to bench 35+ reps and run a sub 4.8 40...

That would probably bring tears to my eyes....

Comment

Id advise Suh to do the combine workouts and interviews, not necessarily play at the senior bowl though. However a great senior bowl position would cement his position as the first overall pick in the draft
                            @EssexRam_

Comment

Start trying on Rams uniforms and helmets.

Comment