Bucky Brooks mock got to love it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucky Brooks mock got to love it

If things turn out like Bucky predicts (good lord i have never hoped for something this bad in a long time) We could draft Suh and J.Clausen would slide to us in 2nd round that would be like all birthdays christmases ever rolled into 1 . What do people think about the pobability of this then?

First-round mock draft
    Team
    Player
    Pos.
    College
    Comment
    1. Rams
    Ndamukong Suh
    DT
    Nebraska
    Uncertainty at the quarterback position will force the Rams to consider Sam Bradford, but Suh is too talented to pass up.
    2. Lions
    Russell Okung
    OT
    Oklahoma St.
    The Lions desperately need a franchise-caliber offensive tackle to protect Matthew Stafford's blindside.
    3. Buccaneers
    Gerald McCoy*
    DT
    Oklahoma
    The Bucs haven't had a dominating interior player since Warren Sapp manned the middle.
    4. Redskins
    Trent Williams
    OT
    Oklahoma
    Chris Samuels' injury makes acquiring a top tackle a priority, and Williams' ability to play on either side makes him an intriguing prospect.
    5. Chiefs
    Derrick Morgan*
    DE/LB
    Georgia Tech
    A legitimate pass rusher on the edge would greatly improve a pass rush that ranked 31st in the league with just 22 sacks.
    6. Seahawks
    Carlos Dunlap*
    DE
    Florida
    Pete Carroll's defensive background will compel him to grab an explosive edge rusher to lead the Seahawks' resurgence.
    7. Browns
    Anthony Davis*
    OT
    Rutgers
    Mike Holmgren immediately looks to upgrade the team's offense by nabbing an athletic tackle to pair with Pro Bowler Joe Thomas.
    8. Raiders
    Jason Pierre-Paul*
    DE
    South Fla.
    Al Davis' infatuation with speed and athleticism makes Pierre-Paul the ideal choice for the Silver and Black.
    9. Bills
    Bruce Campbell*
    OT
    Maryland
    The Bills are in desperate need of a franchise QB, but their offensive line woes would make it tough for any signal-caller to survive or thrive in the pocket.
    10. Jaguars
    Brian Price*
    DT
    UCLA
    Jack Del Rio needs a bed rock in the middle to help his defense return to the ranks of the elite.
    11. Broncos
    Rolando McClain*
    LB
    Alabama
    A rugged interior defender in the center of the Broncos' 3-4 would allow D.J. Williams to act as a playmaker.
    12. Dolphins
    Sergio Kindle
    LB
    Texas
    Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are at the end of their careers, so finding an athletic edge rusher is paramount.
    13. *****
    Eric Berry
    S
    Tennessee
    The *****' emerging defense needs a ball hawk like Berry in the middle of the field to ascend to the next level.
    14. Seahawks
    Charles Brown
    OT
    USC
    A QB like Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford would be intriguing choices here, but Seattle's injuries along the O-line will makes Pete Carroll's former player a safe pick.
    15. Giants
    Brandon Spikes
    LB
    Florida
    The loss of Antonio Pierce robbed the Giants of a leader in the middle, and contributed to the defense's woeful finish.
    16. *****
    Joe Haden*
    CB
    Florida
    Mike Singletary fortifies the defense by adding another playmaker to the secondary.
    17. Titans
    Everson Griffen*
    DE
    USC
    The Titans must replace aging pieces on the edge (Javon Kearse and Kyle Vanden Bosch), and Griffen flashes the potential to be a double-digit sack artist.
    18. Steelers
    Patrick Robinson
    CB
    Florida St.
    The Steelers' suspect secondary repeatedly cost them down the stretch, so Mike Tomlin shores up one side of the field.
    19. Falcons
    Navorro Bowman*
    LB
    Penn St.
    Mike Smith needs a playmaker at the weakside linebacker spot, and Bowman's athleticism fits the bill.
    20. Texans
    Earl Thomas*
    S
    Texas
    The former Longhorn would give the Texans' secondary a serious jolt with his speed and range in the middle.
    21. Bengals
    Dez Bryant*
    WR
    Oklahoma St.
    Marvin Lewis would love to add a talent like Bryant to his offense to alleviate the pressure on Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco.
    22. Patriots
    Ricky Sapp
    LB
    Clemson
    Sapp's presence should bolster a pass rush that was virtually non-existent this season.
    23. Packers
    Jahvid Best*
    RB
    California
    The best runner in the draft falls into Packers' lap, and his talent is too enticing for Mike McCarthy to bypass despite a pressing need at tackle.
    24. Eagles
    Taylor Mays
    S
    USC
    Andy Reid underestimated the impact of losing Brian Dawkins in the back end, so he nabs Mays to become the new anchor of the secondary.
    25. Ravens
    Arrelious Benn*
    WR
    Illinois
    The Ravens' passing game needs a playmaker to help Joe Flacco continue his development as the franchise quarterback.
    26. Cardinals
    Sam Bradford
    QB
    Oklahoma
    Ken Whisenhunt opts for Bradford over Matt Leinart as Kurt Warner's eventual replacement.
    27. Cowboys
    Bryan Bulaga*
    OT
    Iowa
    Flozell Adams' declining skills make it necessary for Jerry Jones to find a replacement at left tackle.
    28. Chargers
    C.J. Spiller
    RB
    Clemson
    The Chargers officially announce the end of the L.T era with the arrival of the ultra-explosive Spiller.
    29. Jets
    Damian Williams*
    WR
    USC
    Rex Ryan hopes that Williams quickly renews his chemistry with Mark Sanchez to give the Jets a lethal passing combination.
    30. Vikings
    Terrence Cody
    DT
    Alabama
    The Vikings add Cody to their defensive line rotation as a possible replacement for 37-year-old Pat Williams.
    31. Saints
    Selvish Capers
    OT
    West Virginia
    The Saints would love to upgrade their linebacker corps with a talented playmaker, but Capers fills a pressing need along the offensive line.
    32. Colts
    Jared Odrick
    DT
    Penn State
    The hardworking Odrick is an ideal fit as an interior player in the Colts' scheme, and his presence will help shore up the team's woes against the run.

Re: Bucky Brooks mock got to love it

1 in 10000000

Comment

I think that the Redskins, Seahawks, and Bills all seem like possible destinations for Clausen--and that's just in the top 10.

Comment

Redskins, Sehawks, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders (?), Whiners, and Broncos could all be targeting a QB in the 2010 draft. For Clausen to fall through ALL of them would be very unlikely, but anything can happen.

Just like last year's Duke Robinson, a projected 1st round guard, fell all the way to tthe 5th round.

Comment

It certainly doesnt help that Seahags have 2 first round picks....if they pass on the first wave, if he's still there by the second time around i have a hard time fathoming them passing again. The new coach would need to be completely sold on the idea of Hasselback.

Even if they did keep Hasselbeck starting again, they'd draft a QB so he can sit a year.

Comment

I don't think Clausen slips out of the first round barring some kind of major incident during his interviews that just has coaches scratching their heads.

That being said, I think the truly interesting thing to take from this mock (and other mocks and sites for that matter) is the complete lack of a true #1 quarterback right now. Some say it's Clausen, but more than a few say it's Bradford.

Neither of these guys right now is really standing out significantly over the other, which could mean any number of things. Maybe they're both great prospects, but I think the more likely reason is because there's enough question marks about both of them for each to have a crowd of guys who prefer the other.

Comment

If not clausen and bradford slides and we could trade back into get him that would be immense dt and qb of future in 1 draft

Comment

IMO, I don't see Clausen and Bradford falling.

Instead, I think that some lower-tier QB's like Canfield, Stull, LeFevour, (Max) Hall, are all rising because of the questions about the 2nd round QB's like Pike, McCoy, and Tebow.

Comment

no way Spiller slips past Texans

Comment

I am in the camp that sees Clausen and Bradford both falling out of the top-10. Any significant improvement by any of the other draftable Qb's comes at these guys expense, and Clausen is especially vulnerable with his recent surgery. Some players might actually lap Clausen and push him into the second round if they have great workouts while he sits. Seahags will prob go QB at 14, but there will not be a run on QB's in the first round.
                    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsSB99
                      Real reason Rams drafted Hoomanawanui was to double fan base :>)
                      by RamsSB99
                      New Rams tight end grew up in Bloomington

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
                      ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

04/25/2010

It only sounds as if the Rams searched hither and yon to find one of their fifth-round picks, tight end Michael Hoomanawanui. In reality, he was right in their own backyard.

That last name is pronounced ho-oh-muh-now-uh-NEW-ee, "Oh-oh" for short. Though his father, Isy, is of Hawaiian descent, the family of his mother, Anne, hails from Jerseyville, Ill. He grew up in Bloomington, Ill., 45 minutes from his alma mater, Illinois.

"Family and friends say they're Rams fans now, no matter what they were before," Hoomanawanui said. "It will be great that my family can see me whenever they want to."
                      Hoomanawanui, 6-4 and 264 pounds, started his senior season on the watch list for the Mackey Award, given to the best tight end, but missed four games last year because of an ankle injury. He finished with just 10 receptions for 114 yards.

"It was a bump in the road," he said "It pulled me down a lot, but I was glad I was able to come back and (play) the last two games, go to the Senior Bowl and show everyone that I'm healed from that and that I can keep moving on."

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said tight ends coach Frank Leonard called Hoomanawanui "well-rounded. It seems that tight ends get tagged nowadays as either pass receiving tight ends or the blocking tight end. ... We didn't tag him one way or the other, and he's got size."

The first area player taken Saturday was Clay Harbor of Missouri State, 125th overall, by Philadelphia late in the fourth round. How the Eagles will use him remains a mystery.

A tight end with the Bears, Harbor is Missouri State's career leader in pass receptions, with 150. He impressed scouts with three receptions for 22 yards as a last-minute replacement in the East-West Shrine Game and with his workouts before the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Game. He appeared at the combine as a tight end, yet was listed as a fullback when the Eagles drafted him.

"I can play fullback, slot, halfback, and I plan on doing that. Whatever the coaches want me to do, I'll do it," he told reporters in Philadelphia.

Eagles coach Andy Reid likewise praised Harbor's versatility.

"I'm not saying he's an offensive lineman, but he can control a defensive end or linebacker and is willing to stick his nose in there," Reid said in his post draft press conference. "When you see him run his routes, you see he's a skilled athlete."

Most draft experts expected Harbor to go off the board in the third or fourth round, which stretched his anxiety over two days.

"I was getting a little worried as they got deeper in the third and fourth round, but it
                      -04-25-2010, 07:05 AM
                    • GreatestShowOnTurf99
                      "Lay the Foundation"
                      by GreatestShowOnTurf99
                      'Lay the foundation'

By Jim Thomas
                      ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

03/17/2009

Nearly two months into his new job, coach Steve Spagnuolo finally addressed the entire squad Monday as the Rams began their offseason conditioning program.

"It feels like the job I signed up to take," Spagnuolo said, smiling. "You finally have a team in there. It was great, and everybody was there. I try not to make the meetings real long, so I just hit them with some things we needed to go forward — bang, bang, bang. I think they appreciated that."

The only player missing Monday was running back Steven Jackson.

"I talked to Steven Jackson last night; he was all set to come," Spagnuolo said. "He's dealing with some family things in Las Vegas, and I told him to stay and take care of that. Otherwise,
                      he was going to get on a plane and then turn around and go back."

During Monday's remarks to the squad, Spagnuolo stressed not only the importance of laying a foundation of physical training, but also a foundation of teamwork and camaraderie.

"To me, the foundation's big," Spagnuolo said. "The bottom layer of that foundation is all about working together. Being loyal. Trusting each other. Mutual respect. You don't build those kinds of things unless you're around each other.

"So to me, the more we can be around each other, the better chance we get of that bottom layer (being strong). The foundation falls apart if that bottom layer's not strong. So we kind of hit them with that this morning. I think they got the message."

Such bonding doesn't have to be limited to the practice field or the weight room.

"It's going out to have lunch, getting together for dinner," Spagnuolo said. "It's all part of it. When you're going to get in the foxhole with people, you want to know who your buddies are, who you can trust, and who you can work with."

Spagnuolo was encouraged by the response and the body language of the players at the first team meeting of his NFL head-coaching career.

"Just the look in their eyes said that they're ready to go," Spagnuolo said. "They've probably been drooling to have this happen anyway."

Well, "drooling" might be a strong word. The offseason program, which consists of weight lifting and conditioning drills, isn't glamorous work. And as the sessions pile up over the next three months, they can become tedious.

"We'll have a little softball and badminton out there," Spagnuolo joked.

No, that would've been last spring, when then-coach Scott Linehan tried to lighten things up by having the Rams play kickball and softball. That doesn't figure to happen under new
                      -03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
                    • Country
                      Will there be any FAs left?
                      by Country
                      Everyone is resigning, it is time for the Rams to start tampering away and getting some guys into the horns.
                      -02-21-2007, 12:17 PM
                    • MauiRam
                      Rams are not alone with O-Line problems ..
                      by MauiRam
                      By Randy Karraker
                      September 14, 2012

I thought it was interesting to watch the Packers and the Bears on Thursday Night Football, to see the difficulties both teams are having with their offensive lines.

The Packers have major issues at left tackle with Marshall Newhouse now starting. He’s had a great deal of difficulty in the first two games. His backup, Derek Sherrod, is out with a leg injury. So a rookie by the name of Don Barklay is the number one backup at both tackle positions in Green Bay. Clearly, the Packers have problems to deal with after giving up five sacks to the Bears on the heels of giving up three to San Francisco.

The Bears are starting a line of J’Marcus Webb, who protected Keith Null and practiced against Eugene Sims at West Texas A&M, at left tackle…Seahawks castoff Chris Spencer at left guard…then Roberto Garza at center, Lance Louis at right guard, and Gabe Carimi at right tackle. None of those players are Pro Bowl types, and they showed vs. the Packers that, as a unit, they need lots of work. Jay Cutler was sacked seven times, and the Bears had just 96 yards on the ground.

That’s just a snapshot of offensive line problems throughout the league. On Sunday night, Ben Roethlisberger was sacked five times, and the Steelers ran for just 75 yards against Denver. Starting left tackle Max Starks has spent periods between being a Steeler and being out of football the last couple of years. Left guard Willie Colon used to be a right tackle. The Steelers tried to replace right guard Ramon Foster with first round draft choice David DeCastro, who landed on injured reserve. The usually contending Steelers have major questions on the offensive line.

The Super Bowl Champion Giants are starting another former Seahawk, Sean Locklear, who struggled at right tackle, at left tackle. Waiver wire pickup Kevin Boothe is their left guard. Eli Manning was sacked three times and hit numerous others in the Giants opener. Their opening opponent, Dallas is playing Tyron Smith, who has NEVER played left tackle, at left tackle. They have serious problems at guard, with two new players there, and Doug Free is having difficulty adjusting to the left side. Tony Romo was sacked twice and was on the run for much of the Cowboys’ opener.

Philadelphia lost left tackle Jason Peters to an Achilles injury during the off-season, and signed Demetress Bell away from Buffalo. Bell was beat out by King Dunlap, who was a mediocre right tackle. Evan Mathis, who couldn’t cut it with Indianapolis, is Philly’s starting left guard. The result? Michael Vick was harassed into four interceptions against Cleveland.

The Ravens just benched their left tackle, Bryant McKinnie, to put disappointing former first rounder Michael Oher at that position, and start rookie Kelechi Osemele on the right side. The Jets are starting an undrafted...
                      -09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
                    • Rambos
                      Long's arrival means shifting on Rams' line
                      by Rambos
                      By Jim Thomas

PHOENIX, Ariz. • Make no mistake, signing Jake Long goes a long way toward shoring up the Rams’ offensive line.

“It’s a huge step for us,” coach Jeff Fisher said.

And now that Long is a Ram, the projected starting offensive line should read something like this:

Long at left tackle; Rokevious Watkins (or a player to be determined) at left guard; Scott Wells at center; Harvey Dahl at right guard; and Rodger Saffold at right tackle.

Keep in mind that it could be Shelley Smith at left guard or Robert Turner if he re-signs as an unrestricted free agent. But if Alabama’s Chance Warmack is available at No. 16 overall or even No. 22 — do the Rams take him and plug him in at left guard?

Or what if Oklahoma’s Lane Johnson unexpectedly drops to No. 16? Maybe the Rams take him, plug him in at right tackle and then tap Saffold on the shoulder and tell him he’s playing left guard.

Those are all possibilities. But Saffold, remember, was unhappy about a potential switch to right tackle, according to his agent, Alan Herman.

“It’s not an issue,” coach Jeff Fisher said Monday.

Herman could not be reached to comment Monday.

Officially, general manager Les Snead said the Rams haven’t decided who’s playing left or right tackle for the team next season. But it’s hard to imagine paying someone (Long) what could be $9 million a year and have him play anything but left tackle.

“We’ll sit down and discuss where’s the best fit for everyone,” Snead said. “Rodger’s started here as a right tackle. I think nowadays on the offensive line, no position punishes you financially. And you could even make a move and be better at a (different) position than you are now.

“So we’ll sit down and discuss that internally with the player and even his agent. But Rodger’s a team player and he’s young. If he comes in and consistently plays like he did at the end of last year, Rodger will be fine and we’ll be better.”
                      -03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
                    Working...
                    X