Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOSA's MOCK DRAFT v1.0!!!!

Re-sign:

Cliff Ryan- Developed very well and will be a key to rams run stop D.
    Leonard Little- Great mentor, and nice to have around as back up(unless to much money demanded).
    O.J Atogwe- Total ballhawk and anchors our secondary (MUST GET!)
    Craig Dahl- Showed alot of great LOS playing, good reliable back up and stops the run well.
    Gary Gibson- Showed great flashes; before injury

Free Agency:

Ray Edwards(Vikings): Great DE and would be a key pick up. Would help alot with pass rush and good run stop.
    Jerious Norwood(Falcons): Great compliment and change of pace for Steven.
    Tony Scheffler(Broncos): Very good recieving and blocking tight end. Good redzone threat.

Draft:

Round 1: Ndamukong Suh DE: Should be no hesitation, great run stopper and amazing pass rusher. Will compliment the entire Defense.

Round 2: Sean Weatherspoon OLB: Very intelligent and quick linebacker. Would be immediate starter and would fit well into our scheme.

Round 3: Tony Pike or Dan LeFevour (who ever is available) QB: Both very similar in play. Good release, great accuracy and arm strength and can use their legs to make plays.

Round 4: Sam Young OT: Great footwork and considered a steal this late.

Round 5: Depth at WR
    Round 6: Depth at DE
    Round 7: Depth at CB

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -02-11-2010, 02:06 PM.

Re: SOSA's MOCK DRAFT v1.0!!!!

Love it brotha. Seems possible too which would be amazing.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

First round AND second round both dedicated to defensive picks? I wouldn't be dumb enough to pass on Suh but I think we can get a pretty good offensive weapon in the second.

And I personally dnt like Pike at all, as a player or a leader. But whatever, "to each his own..."

Comment

Round 1: Ndamukong Suh - most certainly
        Round 2 : We need TIM TEBOW.................................................(its a Great steal)
        Round 3: Jared Veldheer, OT
        Round 4: Anthony McCoy, TE
        I'm happy with these..........hopefully!

Comment

Good, but just one thing. Tony Pike doesn't have arm strength.

Comment

What do you guys think about Dan LeFevour and Sean Canfield? and we will never draft Tim Tebow not in 1 million years.

Comment

Originally posted by ponga tanga View Post
              Round 1: Ndamukong Suh - most certainly
              Round 2 : We need TIM TEBOW.................................................(its a Great steal)
              Round 3: Jared Veldheer, OT
              Round 4: Anthony McCoy, TE
              I'm happy with these..........hopefully!
              2nd Rounder on a fullback conversion project? Really? We only wasted a 3rd Rounder on Eric Crouch.

Comment

Originally posted by ponga tanga View Post
                If we wanted another power running back why not just get Toby Gerhart? Seriously i will immediately lose all faith in devaney and spags if they draft tebow higher then the 7th round.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                  I don't understand the obsession with arm strength. This offense didn't really ever go downfield last season, what makes everyone think we're going to turn the corner and start chucking it up now? If Pike looks like he can throw a good strong 15 yard pass, then by all means, draft the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Warner4prez View Post
                    I don't understand the obsession with arm strength. This offense didn't really ever go downfield last season, what makes everyone think we're going to turn the corner and start chucking it up now? If Pike looks like he can throw a good strong 15 yard pass, then by all means, draft the dude.
                    It is not an obsession. Arm strength is key to a quarterback. Can you succeed with a below average arm strength? Maybe, but it would be a challenge. Can you succeed with a noodle arm like Tony Pike? It would be a huge challenge, unless you play in an offense that only runs 5 yard slants and screens.

Arm strength is not just about the ability to throw a deep ball. It's also about putting enough zip on it that defenders won't have enough time to make a play on it. A guy with good arm strength and accuracy can put the ball in between two defenders and can squeeze the ball through double coverage to his receiver. A guy with WEAK arm strength and accuracy can't do that, because his balls would not have enough zip and defenders would pick that off faster than Tiger Woods running away from his wife.

And as for never going downfield, there are many reasons why we didn't.

1) Pat Shurmur being a rookie OC, didn't really know what to do.

2) We lost a big deep threat in Laurent Robinson.

3) The times we did go downfield, we couldn't connect with an open Avery.

4) We have no other receivers that can go deep other than Avery, and Robinson.

I wouldn't be surprised if we aired the ball out more next season...

The reason why Tony Pike is not a good draft pick is because he plays in a spread offense, AND to make matters worse, he has a noodle for an arm.

Dan LeFevour, Sean Canfield, Bill Stull, even Colt McCoy are all better QB's IMO.
                    Last edited by RockinRam; -01-21-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                      In watching Cincinnati games this year, I didn't really see that Pike had such a weak arm. Not sure where this myth came from. Scott Wright seems to agree. This is his scouting profile on Pike:

Strengths:
                      Excellent height with a large frame --- Good athlete --- Arm strength is more than adequate and can make all the throws --- Accurate passer with good touch and timing --- Gets rid of the ball in a hurry --- Terrific field vision --- Able to move within the pocket, avoid sacks and buy time with his feet --- Can throw on the run --- Knows how to go through his progressions --- Smart --- Great feel for the game --- Has some upside.

Weaknesses:
                      Durability is a major concern --- Super thin and will have to continue to add weight and get stronger --- Must adjust to taking snaps from under center --- Mechanics will probably need to be refined --- Raw footwork and inconsistent technique --- Has some trouble throwing the deep ball --- Is still developing as a team leader --- Limited experience.

Notes:
                      Was just a two-year starter for the Bearcats --- Named 2nd Team All-Big East in 2008 and 1st Team in 2009 --- Led Cincy to back-to-back Big East titles --- Father, Steve, played linebacker at Kent State --- Was not even listed on the depth chart prior to preseason camp of his junior season but managed to win the backup job and eventually took over as the starter when Dustin Grutza went down with an injury early in the year --- Missed two games in 2008 when he broke the forearm and dislocated the wrist in his non-throwing arm, which required a plate and six screws to be inserted to stabilize the area --- Broke the same left arm again in 2009 and missed three games --- Went from a virtual unknown to one of the best quarterbacks in college football in less than two years --- Has all of the tools to be a starting quarterback at the next level but isn't a finished product and will require development.

Comment

Originally posted by cfh128 View Post
                        Durability is a major concern... Mechanics will probably need to be refined... inconsistent technique... Is still developing as a team leader...

I have some major issues with this guy. Durability? Poor mechanics? Not a team leader?

And people complain about Tebow? WTF

Comment

Originally posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
                          I have some major issues with this guy. Durability? Poor mechanics? Not a team leader?

And people complain about Tebow? WTF
                          Not saying Pike is the answer, just arguing that Pike's arm strength isn't a major problem.

There are issues with all the QBs in this year's class. But there is also a lot of talent. I don't see why one of these guys couldn't be our answer at QB going forward.

Comment

So anyway, what do you guys think of the draft? I also would take Dan LeFevour over pike, just if he isn't we might have to settle for Sean Canfield or Pike..

Comment

just if he isn't there*

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• richtree
                                Rich Tree Rams' Mock Offseason - Pre-Combine
                                by richtree
                                Yeah, Yeah I fell victim and drew up a mock offseason for the Rams.

It is so hard because we don't know the deal with the CBA yet, but here's what I did. I wanted to avoid trading draft picks.

Draft

Round 1 - Ndamukong Suh (DT) <---Beast
                                Round 2 - Tony Pike (QB) <---Huge Potential/NFL Body
                                Round 3 - George Selvie (DE) <--Great Athelte/Rusher
                                Round 4 - Danario Alexander (WR) <--Freak Athelticism
                                Round 5 - LeGarrett Blount (RB) <--Power and attidue on offense
                                Round 5 - Adrian Tracy (OLB) <-- Looks good on the outside
                                Round 6 - Shawn Lauvao (OG) <-- Size and Depth
                                Round 7 - Casey Nips (OT) Huge guy out of South Dakota St
                                Round 7 - Ryan Perrillooux (QB) <--High Risk/High Reward

Free Agents

Michael Vick (QB) -- Start while Pike is grooming
                                Tony Scheffler (TE) - True West Coast TE
                                D.J Ware (RB) - Great change of pace back
                                Ellis Hobbs (CB) - Nickel Corner if Wade can't do it
                                Carlos Rogers (CB) - Out of Favor in Washington/good talent
                                Clint Ingram (OLB) - Needs to be in 4-3 / Jax plays 3-4
                                Antonio Pierce (OLB) - Vetern leadership

**Julius Peppers (DE) -- I left him out to be realistic but obviously he would be perfect here.

Staying

Victor Adeyanju
                                O.J. Atogwe
                                Craig Dahl
                                Clifton Ryan
                                Leonard Little - if no peppers
                                Alex Barron - If we gotta

Overall, I think this would be a great off-season. We have high draft picks, a new owner, and money to spend. Lets do it.

I think I have addressed all our issues. The only area that I struggled with is Offensive Tackle. I really don't want Barron but don't know where to get a servicable Right Tackle without overspending in free agency. I could see drafting one earlier if we love a guy that slips in the draft.

I didn't want to summarize each player until we know about CBA and post combine.

Thanks for looking.
                                -02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
                              • germann
                                Germann's mock (Rams offseason)
                                by germann
                                First time here in ClanRam.

There's my mock for Rams next season

Round 1 (1) - Ndamukong Suh, DT. Nebraska
                                Round 2 (33) - Golden Tate, WR. Notre Dame
                                Round 3 (65) - Colt McCoy, QB. Texas
                                Round 4 (97) - Ryan Mathews, RB. Fresno State
                                Round 5 (129) - Jared Veldheer, OT. Hillsdale
                                Round 5 (152) from PHI Brandon Carter, G. Texas Tech
                                Round 6 (161) - Sam Maxwell, OLB. Kentucky
                                Round 7 (193) Jimmy Graham, TE. Miami Slide
                                Round 7 (211) from ATL - Koa Misi, DE. Utah

What you think ? Is it possible ?
                                I think Rams would look really good with those rookies next year.
                                -01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
                              • sosa39rams
                                SOSA's MOCK DRAFT v2.0!!!!
                                by sosa39rams
                                Re-Sign:

O.J Atogwe- There should be no hesitation here. Pure ballhawk.
                                Craig Dahl- Proved he is a reliable backup.
                                Gary Gibson- Good depth.
                                James Hall- Good depth and a experienced player.
                                Leonard Little- Great mentor, part of our D Line rotation.
                                Cliff Ryan- Showed he can be a starting DT, and developed very well.

Free Agency:

Ray Edwards: Improved alot over they years and is a great DE.
                                Dunta Robinson: Proved to be a starting CB and an improvement in the secondary.
                                Tony Scheffler: Great TE, and good redzone threat.
                                Jerious Norwood: Reliable backup and change of pace for SJAX.
                                Antonio Bryant: Capable of coming here being a #1 WR, and good mentor.

Draft:

Round 1: Ndamukong Suh -> Should be no hesitation to grab this guy.
                                Round 2: Sean Weatherspoon -> Great OLB and immediate starter.
                                Round 3: Dan LeFevour -> Really good QB.
                                Round 4: Max Young -> Could come start at RT.
                                Round 5: Depth at LB.
                                Round 6: Depth at DE
                                Round 7: Depth at Oline.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK
                                -01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
                              • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Bralidore's MOCK DRAFT: The Rough Draft
                                by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Round 1: Ndamukong Suh DT: The House of Spears, will improve the entire defense if he can live up to even half of the hype he has garnered. Excellent strength that can increase, intelligent, uses hands very well, playmaker at DT.

Round 2: Sean Weatherspoon OLB: Side line to Sideline defender, can make things happen, can come in and start immediately and compliment JLau tremendously.

Round 3: Dexter Mccluster RB/WR: PLAYMAKER, I'd consider trading back up into the second round to acquire this guy... is one of those guys that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball, excellent agility and quickness, sick juking moves and change of direction skills, can be utilized at receiver, runningback, and special teams. Could be the Rams utility man. WARNING: Stock on the rise after performing excellent so far at Senior Bowl, could very likely go higher.

Round 4: George Selvie DE: Once considered one of the best pass rushers in college football, he has taken a fall from grace after greatly under performing this past season. Great Size and burst off the edge with good speed. Likely a steal this low and could quite possibly go higher.

Round 5 #1: Jimmy Graham TE: About as tall as it gets in the NFL. Converted basketball player with potential off the freakin' charts. Fast, Quick, Agile due to all that basketball learnin'. Good ball skills and run after the catch ability. Would be a project at Tight End but Daniel Fells can be serviceable in the meantime and If this guy can reach his potential we have Kellen Winslow/Antonio Gates Hybrid on our hands that's taller. If he's there TAKE HIM.

Round 5 #2: Danario Alexander WR: Great Size, outstanding leaper, very productive with run after the catch ability. Plays stiff sometimes and apparently has trouble getting in and out of his cuts. Doesn't seem to ahve the acceleration wanted for the position. could be a great Red zone threat and legit receiver with some more coaching. Injury History.

Round 6: Ciron Black RG/RT: Was highly touted before this season. Was a highly durable 4 year anchor on the line for LSU. Big (6'5 322) with good strength and a great run blocker. I'd move him inside as he has trouble with speed rushers and his strength is not at the tackle position IMO. Was seen by some to have been a first second round pick but has watched his stock plummet after under achieving and could possibly fall to us here. Would be great value at a position of need.

Round 7 #1: Legarrette Blount RB: Physical Downhill punisher, Has good speed to break one. Draft stock plummeted due to Boise State incident and character concerns. Physical Specimen with great size. Has steal written all over him.

Round 7 #2: BPA

Now of course this an ideal draft with an outside chance of happening. Will update accordingly. This is all assuming the Rams stay with the picks they have now and don't gain any additional o...
                                -01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
                              • RockinRam
                                Rockin's Pre-Combine Mock Draft
                                by RockinRam
                                This is just a quickie mock, so I did not include a free agent section.

One major event: We trade our 1st round to Tampa Bay in return for their 1st, 2nd, and 4th round pick.

Round 1:
                                Sam Bradford [6'4, 225lbs.] Oklahoma (QB) *VIA Trade*

Analysis: Bradford has all the tools to succeed and dominate in the NFL, and he has tremendous potential. New regimes mean new quarterbacks. Bradford will be the new face of our franchise.

Round 2: Jermaine Gresham [6'6, 260lbs.] Oklahoma (TE)

Analysis: We finally get the big, endzone target we've desperately needed for quite some time. Has played with Bradford too, so there is already some timing between them.

Round 2: Brandon Ghee [6'0, 190lbs.] Wake Forest (CB) *VIA Trade*

Analysis: A very instinctive and physical corner. Has very good speed, and is a good athlete. Takes quick cuts, solid in both man and zone, and is a confident player.

Round 3:
                                A.J Edds [6'4, 245lbs.] Iowa (SLB)

Analysis: Blessed with great size. Is a pure strongside linebacker, and should complement Laurinaitis very well. Solid tackler and has improved his coverage vastly this season.

Round 4: Jared Veldheer [6'9, 325lbs.] Hillsdale (OT)

Analysis: His frame is similar to Johnathan Ogden, Jared Gaither, and Sebastian Vollmer. Very massive size, and should become our starter at RT.

Round 4:
                                Austen Lane [6'6, 267lbs.] Murray State (DE) *VIA Trade*

Analysis: Good athlete, very disruptive. A powerful tackler, and he is a pass-rushing machine. Needs to improve run stopping though.

Round 5: Rico McCoy [6'1, 220lbs.] Tennessee (WLB)

Analysis: A very rangy linebacker, and is very, very fast. Should complete our linebacker trio alongside Laurinaitis and Edds. Has the speed to cover sideline to sideline, but needs to add some bulk to his frame.

Round 5: Vince Oghobaase [6'6, 305lbs.] Duke (DT) *VIA Trade* (From Eagles)

Analysis: Should be a good addition to our DT rotation. Had a pretty good junior season last year, but missed several games due to injuries and has hurt his stats and stock. Has good agility, and smarts for the game.

Round 6: Andrew Quarless [6'5, 252lbs.] Penn State (TE)

Analysis: Could become our 2nd TE. Great athlete, and great pass catching TE. The reason why he is projected so low is because of a history of getting in trouble, but he has not been in trouble for a while. He's maybe cleaned up.

Round 7: Brandon Carter [6'7, 350lbs.] Texas Tech (OG)

Analysis: Scary guy. Great depth for the O-line, and could figure into the mix for the starting RG spot.
                                -02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
                              Working...
                              X