Would you Trade Down with the Bucs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you Trade Down with the Bucs?

Hi Rams fans. Bucs fan here, curious what you would think if your team traded down to #3 overall. There has been some talk here in Tampa, that because of your need at QB the Rams could possibly be willing to trade down for a 2nd rounder (which we have 2 of). What would be your opinion if the Rams traded #1 overall for #3 and #35 overall?

Good luck. Hopefully a resurgence with both teams can bring back the rivalry we had at the turn of the millenium.

Re: Would you Trade Down with the Bucs?

Originally posted by BucsPirate1 View Post
    Hi Rams fans. Bucs fan here, curious what you would think if your team traded down to #3 overall. There has been some talk here in Tampa, that because of your need at QB the Rams could possibly be willing to trade down for a 2nd rounder (which we have 2 of). What would be your opinion if the Rams traded #1 overall for #3 and #35 overall?

Good luck. Hopefully a resurgence with both teams can bring back the rivalry we had at the turn of the millenium.
    hahahahahahhah, but no in all seriousness, i think your Bucs would have to part with more than simply a second rounder given, your desire for Suh and our own desire for Suh (well at least us fans). I wouldn't do it for less than a second AND a third.

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
      hahahahahahhah, but no in all seriousness, i think your Bucs would have to part with more than simply a second rounder given, your desire for Suh and our own desire for Suh (well at least us fans). I wouldn't do it for less than a second AND a third.
      Ok, a 2nd and a 3rd. How many of you would be willing to make that deal? #3, #35, and #67 overall for #1?

Comment

no thank you.

Comment

In exchange for #3 and #35... no thanks. That being said, if Rams management wanted a QB anyway, then well it's obviously a no-brainer to accept it.

In exchange for #3, #35 and #67... it's tempting. I like Suh, I really really like Suh. But to be able to get a QB and still have 2 early 2nd-rounders and 2 early 3rd-rounders sounds nice too. I would have mixed feelings about it either way, but in the end I think I'd take the trade if I were the one responsible for making the decision.

Comment

I could see us accepting one of the following:

Trade 1:
            Rams: #1
            Bucs: #3, #42, and a 4th or 5th round pick

EDIT: Deleted Trade #2, I can't see the bucs giving up #35
            Last edited by sdobbers; -01-26-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Clan Bucs fan.
              I would personally take the trade for the Bucs 1st and 2nd rounder and take Clausen. I understand that Suh is a better prospect, but is he better than Clausen/Bradford and a talented prospect who most likely slipped out of the first round.

Comment

Nope .....

Comment

I'll do it if its 1st, 2nd and 1st next year

Comment

I would make the swap for an additional 2nd round pick.

Yes more would be nice but I just don't think the bucs will give it up. I want us to take a qb anyway so it would be a win win situation in my opinion.

Comment

It would take both your second round picks and I'm still not sure it would be enough....

Comment

The rams has to address some needs in FA it depends on what they do in FA. If the rams get a solid QB in FA, I think the rams could afford to take a QB in the later rounds 2, or round 3. If they do get someone solid Suh is sure to be taken by the rams. Some Draft experts is calling Suh the best defense draft prospect of all time it will be pressure to make that pick.
                        :ramlogo:

Comment

I wouldn't trade Suh off just yet. A decent qb will be available round two. in addition, to Suh we seriously have to consider Little won't be around much longer. We need to replace him on top of that. Trade is out of the question! We haven't had such prospect since the likes of Jack Youngblood and Deacon Jones. We can't pass up on that opportunity!!!

We still have next year's draft and free agency. I know it's going to take at least two more years.
                          LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Yes if i was in charge of the rams and the bucs offered a trade down I would take it. The minimum i would take would be your first round, second round, and third round. Just as clarification, I would take Clausen with the #3 pick in this case.

Edit: Only one of your second rounds not both, preferably the #35 pick

Comment

Interesting takes. From the Bucs perspective, I would think the team would have to address other needs in Free Agency like Defensive End and WR to be able to consider a move up. Otherwise we would have too many needs, especially WRs to help our young QB. A lot depends on whether our owners, the Glazers, have and choose to invest that kind of money. I'd have to think a lot of the Rams willingness to deal may depend on your ownership situation as well.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                                A Fair Rams/Bucs Trade Proposal
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Here's my suggestion:

(NOTE: "TVC" means "Trade Value Chart")

Rams give Tampa:
                                First round pick (#1) (TVC: 3,000)
                                Fourth round pick (#97) (TVC: 112)
                                TOTAL TVC: 3,112

Bucs give Rams:
                                First round pick (#3) (TVC: 2,200)
                                Second round pick (#35) (TVC: 560)
                                Third round pick (#67) (TVC: 255)
                                TOTAL TVC: 3,015

From the TVC standpoint, it is a fairly even trade. The Rams would gain one total selection, and would have two of the first three picks in Rounds 2 and 3.

The Bucs would ensure that they can select Ndamukong Suh (the whole notion of a trade is premised on the presumption that the Bucs want him), and they would still have a second round pick (#44) and an extra fourth round pick.

I would make this trade. It would allow the Rams to either (1) take Bradford at No. 3, if they believe he is "their guy," or (2) if Washington were to jump to No. 2 and take Bradford, to take Gerald McCoy, who is a pretty good "consolation prize." In doing so, they would gain an extra second round pick, which would be very valuable in this deep draft, and would also essentially move up from their fourth round pick to an extra early third round pick.

Would you make this trade, and do you think the Bucs would?
                                I would, but I doubt the Bucs would.
                                55.74%
                                I would, and I think the Bucs would too.
                                21.31%
                                I wouldn't, and I don't think the Bucs would either.
                                6.56%
                                I wouldn't, but the Bucs would.
                                16.39%
                                -02-18-2010, 04:22 PM
                              • Nick
                                Bucs GM Dominik acknowledges trading up as a possibility
                                by Nick
                                Dominik says Bucs are ready to trade up, or to trade down
                                Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2010 8:46 AM ET

In what appears to be yet another effort to persuade the media and the fan base that the Buccaneers aren't even cheaper than one of the teams that played a fairly important game in Raymond James Stadium twelve months ago (yeah, it would have been a lot easier to just say "the Cardinals"), G.M. Mark Dominik told Steve Duemig of WDAE radio on Monday that the team is prepared to trade up in the draft. (Via JoeBucsFan.com.)

The Buccaneers currently hold the third pick in the draft. A trade up would mean that they want one of the premier defensive tackles -- Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy.

Of course, he also said that the team is prepared to trade down, and that's the far more likely direction. Even though it would result in more draft picks and thus more contracts to be given to first-year players, the cumulative cost of the deal given to the lower pick in round one and the other picks they acquire will be less than the cost of signing the third pick.

Trading down could make a lot of sense, given the number of top-ten teams that need a quarterback. The Bucs aren't one of them, so they could hold an auction for the ability to pick Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen, with the Redskins, Browns, and Seahawks all potentially in the bidding.

Such a maneuver would fit with Dominik's vow to build through the draft, which generally entails far less money than searching for a big-money free agent who might come in an propel the Buccaneers back to the top of the division, the conference, and/or the league.
                                -02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
                              • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Bucs and Rams Talking Trade?
                                by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
                                Ive read today from multiple sights that its rumored that the Rams and Buccaneers are talking trade for hte number one overall pick. The details of the trade include the Rams trading the number one pick for Tampa's third round pick or one of their two second round picks. This possibility has been kicked around here and other sites for weeks as of now and seems to be likely.

The interesting addition to this trade is the possibility of the Rams getting QB Josh Johnson from the Buccs.

Per Rumor Mill:" ...they’re "very high" on third-year quarterback Josh Johnson, who they would insist being in a potential trade with Tampa Bay. Rams officials compare Johnson favorably to Vick athletically, but they feel that he has a greater upside as a passer."

From what ive seen of Johnson, he's a potential Franchise Quarterback. Pretty Raw in the games i saw of him this year against the redskins but made some good throws and decisions and simply would not take the sack, showing excellent elusiveness and scramble ability. Has reportedly 4.6-4.4 speed, is a leader, and is also a good passer. He is also said to be a passer first and a runner second who is very agile and fast.

A pick swap with Tampa's first, a third rounder, and Josh Johnson is an excellent deal and I would be ecstatic if the Rams pulled the trigger on it.

What do you think Clan Ram?
                                :helmet:
                                -02-20-2010, 09:51 AM
                              • Rambos
                                Rams trade could happen during the draft
                                by Rambos
                                Rumor:Source: Tampa Tribune

The Tampa Tribune reports that the Rams have emerged as a suitor for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard.

A trade could happen during the draft this weekend, but the price in picks and dollars may be quite costly. The Eagles are reportedly looking for two picks while Sheppard will likely want his current contract ripped up. The Buccaneers still appear to be the favorites to land Sheppard.
                                -04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
                              • RamsFan16
                                Tampa wants to unload Rice
                                by RamsFan16
                                RUMOR MILL: The Bucs are said to be shopping veteran DE Simeon Rice, and there is speculation they may have a willing trade partner within the state.

Jacksonville officials have reportedly received a trade offer from the Bucs but the Jaguars have yet to tell the Bucs what, if anything, they'd be willing to give up for Rice.

Rice's agent, Tom Condon, said Thursday he had not heard any trade talk involving Rice but wasn't surprised to hear that rumors of a deal were flying.

"Simeon's got a huge cap number [$9.2 million], so people just assume somebody's going to try to do something with him," Condon said. "But I don't know anything about a trade."
                                -02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
                              Working...
                              X