2nd round topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd round topic

As I am watching the senior bowl, I have noticed that Brandon Graham has come to play. Hes doing a fantastic job in the running and passing game.

Hes been a force all game and is dominating the Oline. I would like to consider him for our 2nd round pick. I also like Sean Weatherspoon. He is also having a great game and they would both fill positions of need.

Re: 2nd round topic

Graham was a Top 25 pick in my pre-Senior Bowl mock, and he's done nothing to make me think he'll go any lower than where I projected him. He'll be enticing as a pass rusher for teams running either the 4-3 or 3-4.

Weatherspoon is a more appropriate second round option, IMO. But can the team go defense with its first two picks? That's the million dollar question. I guess my thought process is, if defense is by far the best value in the second round, you can't pass it up just because it's not offense.

Comment

My top three options for round 2 are benn, mardy gilyard, and mccluster. We need a legitimate weapon besides SJ and I believe all three of them are viable options.

Of course i wouldn't be mad if we got graham or some other pass rusher.

Comment

mccluster definitely won't be picked 33rd overall, Sjacks.

I think Graham and 'Spoon are both great options in round 2 and the way they have been performing at the senior bowl is impressive to say the least. either option would be an upgrade at OLB or perhaps Norwood or Bowman in round 3. anyway you look at it there will probably be 2 defensive players chosen with the first 3 picks.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Phat's 2nd Round Projection.. Rams Pic Only.
          by Guest
          This may be a little High For him, But after watching the senior Bowl I would Like to See Dominic Rodgers Cromartie With the First Pick In the Second Round.
          -01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
        • HUbison
          Interior O-line?? We'll do that later.
          by HUbison
          I think there's a very real possibility that Fisher will, for the 2nd time in his career, and 2nd year in a row, draft an O lineman in the 1st round. Additionally, I think there's a good chance that lineman will be able to not only play OT, but OG as well. Stanley, Collins, Scherff.....all are viable options.

But many have said and will say..."Don't do that. There are always interior linemen to be had on day 2".

But is that really true?

Let's look at the interior linemen drafted between 2005 and 2010 in the first 3 rounds. During that span, there were 10 first rounders, 13 second rounders and 13 third rounders. Here's a few stats:

percent of games started
          first round - 74.3%
          second round - 55.0%
          third round - 35.8%

still in the league
          first round - 10 of 10
          second round - 7 of 13
          third round - 8 of 13

All-Pro selections
          first round - 5
          second round - 2
          third round - 2

Pro Bowl selections
          first round - 23
          second round - 7
          third round - 3

seasons as a starter, per player
          first round - 7.0
          second round - 4.9
          third round - 3.2

I think the numbers bear out the point that if you want the best player at a position, your best bet is to take one in the first; even though the myth may live on that interior linemen can be found later on. Yes, they can. But not with as much consistency or certainity as in the first round.

If we want an interior lineman that we can count on for years to come, then we should pull the trigger in the first round, if one is available.
          -01-06-2015, 11:13 AM
        • rampower
          First round talent?
          by rampower
          Some recent topics on here got me thinking. What dictates a first round talent. If the pool of talent is small, the first round talent is thinner, but people will proclaim some guys a first round talent, some guys not?

It's almost like the Mythical Super Bowl winning QB, some guys that have won them aren't that good, some that haven't are awesome. I understand that When people use the phrase Super Bowl winning quarterback, they by and large are saying one of those 4 or 5 QB's that come along every decade who always win in the clutch and play better under pressure, always finding a way to win.

Anyways back on Topic,

What makes a player a 'first round talent'
          -04-07-2013, 05:53 AM
        • The Rammer
          Sean Weatherspoon
          by The Rammer
          What would you guys think about taking him in the second round if he's available? He and Laurinaitis would help make up a young and fierce linebacker corps that would be the envy of the rest of the league. Spoon has been projected late first round or early second round, so it's likely that he will be available come our second pick.
          -12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
        • AvengerRam_old
          Which "first round talent" do you think might drop to pick #33?
          by AvengerRam_old
          Last year, the Rams drafted James Laurinaitis, who was viewed by many as a first round talent, at the top of Round 2.

Who do you think might fall to the Rams this year?
          Jahvid Best, RB, California
          21.28%
          Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
          12.77%
          Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
          6.38%
          Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
          15.96%
          Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
          11.70%
          Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
          0.00%