Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 3.0 (It's Different)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 3.0 (It's Different)

Players Leaving:

Alex Barron- He had his shot at RT and LT and failed to be consistent at both and his penalties just killed so many drives. And he had some penalties when the Rams were gaining momentum. However with the right coaching he may be successful elsewhere.

Jon Wade- I dont think we will offer him a contending contract. He was our starter at CB and it was his spot to lose. First he lost it to Fletcher then he lost it Quincy Butler nuff said.

Leonard Little- Yes he is loved by clanram but it's time to move on. Little will be missed

Randy McMicheal- no explanation needed

Kyle Boller- He wasnt awful but he wasnt decent.

James Hall- Like Little we must move on and get a younger line.

Rams that will be re-signed:
    Craig Dahl
    Dave Vabora
    Larry Grant
    Billy Bajema

Cliff Ryan
    - He did a good job this year and we all know he deserves to be re-signed.

OJ Atogwe- He will sign a 2-3 year deal or be franchised

Contract Changed:
    Marc Bulger sheds between 2-3 mill from his contract for 2010. If we release him then we save 4 mill but have a void at an experience QB. So we save about 2.5 mill and keep him.

Free Agency

SLB Chris Gocong- He can play SLB. He is a solid player good tackler and can help JL.

RT Ryan Cook
    - Decent Tackle he can start for us.

DE Darryl Tapp- We take him away from Seattle give him a good contract for 3 years.

RB Jerious Norwood- He struggled last year but i think we should give him a 1 year deal and let him compete for the #2 spot.

2010 Draft

ROund 1:
    Current Pick: DT Ndamukong Suh
    Previous Pick: DT Ndamukong Suh
    Analysis: I wanted to make this different but im not an idiot.

Round 2:
    Current Pick: QB Dan Lefevour
    Previous Pick: RB Jahvid Best
    Analysis: I am already anticipating heat for this pick because it "will not be good draft value." But before the senior bowl Lefevour was a 3rd round projection and his biggest question mark was being under center. He was pretty comfortable if you ask me. ANd if you watched him it looks like he has been very well coached and he throws a very catchable foot ball. By the time the draft comes around Lefevour will be projected as a mid 2nd rounder but if we want him we have to reach. So bring on the heat about this pick.

Round 3:
    Current Pick: TE Jimmy Graham
    Previous Pick: OG Mike Johnson
    Analysis: It's about time that me make a statement about our Offense. We want to get bigger more physical well here is out guy. 6-8 260 pounds. Freakish athlete. Still raw so there is tons he can learn. It's obvious we need a playmaker and a red-zone threat and this is the guy. He is a bloomer/ bust candidate. He does drop the ball and has limited experience but he has the physical tools and can become a pro bowl/ superstar talent like Antonio Gates.

Round 4:
    Current Pick: DE Austen Lane
    Previous Pick: QB Jevan Snead
    Analysis: Just because we have Tapp does not mean we do not need a DE. Lane is big 6-7 270 pounds. He is also athletic. He has the physical tools but just needs the right coaching. What better coach is there then spags for a Defensive lineman?

Round 5:
    Current Pick: OG Reggie Stephens
    Previous Pick: CB Chris Cook
    Analysis: Very physical guard. 330+ pounds. Plenty of strength can push DTs back. But thats basically all he can do. Don't expect much else. He is like Cogs without the dumbassness.

Round 5:
    Current Pick: CB Chris Cook
    Previous Pick: OLB Kavell Conner
    Analysis: Cook has 6-2 height with good speed. He needs to do a better job of covering thou. He is an athlete. Cook is also a reliable tackler. Maybe he is more of a safety but we take a chance and see what we get.

The rest of the draft should be used to get 1 speedy WR, 1 physical OLB, and 1 run stopping DE in no particular order.

2010 Depth Chart
    QB: Marc Bulger- Dan Lefevour- Keith Null
    RB: Action Jackson-Jerious Norwood-Chris Ogbannya
    FB: Mike Karney
    WR: Laurant Robinson-Bandan Gibson-Donnie Avery-Danny Boy- Keenan Burton
    TE: Dan Fells-Jimmy Graham-Billy Bajema
    LT: Jason Smith-?
    LG: Jacob Bell- Reggie Stephens
    C: Jason Brown-?
    RG: John Grecco- Reggie Stephens
    RT: Ryan Cook-?

LE: Chris Long-Austen Lane
    DT: Ndamukong Suh- Adam Carriker
    DT: Cliff Ryan- Adam Carriker
    RE: Darryl Tapp- Adam Carriker- Austen Lane

SLB: Chris Gocong-Chamberlain
    MLB: JL
    WLB: David Vabora-Larry Grant-Chamberlain

CB#1- Ron Bartell-Quincy Butler
    FS: OJ-Dahl
    SS: James Butler- Dahl
    CB#2- Brad Fletcher-Chris Cook-Justin King

So what do you guys think????

Re: B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 3.0 (It's Different)

I like that we are keeping Bulger and I like that you went with 3 offensive players in the first five picks. That side of the ball needs a lot of help.

The only pick I am not a big fan of is Graham. Yes I love him, yes he has potential but I don't like using our number 3 pick to add another young receiver to the equation. If at all possible I would like to see us add an experienced TE in free agency.

Overall very nice. Would feel positive about next year if it plays out this way.

Comment

I do like the draft to be honest. I know some will say LeFevour is high, but if his stock keeps on rising we will have to take him there or miss out on him
      @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
        I like that we are keeping Bulger and I like that you went with 3 offensive players in the first five picks. That side of the ball needs a lot of help.

The only pick I am not a big fan of is Graham. Yes I love him, yes he has potential but I don't like using our number 3 pick to add another young receiver to the equation. If at all possible I would like to see us add an experienced TE in free agency.

Overall very nice. Would feel positive about next year if it plays out this way.
        Like you noted his potential is good. And we have wide receivers but not a good TE. Think about it Graham could be our inside passing threat while Avery/Robinson/Gibby can be outside. We need someone that can get it done in the middle of the field. So i think Graham is good and lets see if he can become a Antonio Gates type player.

Comment

I agree that Wade & Randy Mc will probably be gone.But Barron will be dirt cheap as ,at the very least, a versatile durable back-up at tackle if there's no CBA and I see no upgrade with Cook. Isn't that why Minn replaced him with bulldozer Loadholt? Leads me to think that, despite his mistakes & spotty pass pro, Barron is a better run blocker than Cook.

If we're gonna get an FA on the OL, I'd rather have a quality vet RG.I really don't believe Goldberg, Sett, or Greco are that easily pencilled as a 16 game starter for various reasons. Possibles,imo, inc, if not the older Seubert to hold the fort until Greco is ready, or if NYG screws up,then Snee for the long term.I think that's a bigger hole than some think; we lost Warner,imo, largely because The Rams braintrust thought they were "one & done" with buying quality QB pro when they drafted Pace.

Tapp's been a disappointment for The Hags,no? And at both end spots & with a very strong LB corps behind him. I'd rather have a well-rested Little backing up Long or Hall's beef & versatility for another year while a draftee develops; I think DE is a very strong contender for our #2 spot if you're thinking purely in terms of need.Whether there will be a player at that position in contention for BPA when the time comes...

Both Gocong & Norwood would be great but I think both will be RFA & cost picks (3rd) if tendered by their respective teams & I think they would.

Not sure what you mean by your "re-signed' list. All those guys are either under contract through 2010-Bajema & I think Dahl- or ERFA, no matter what happens with the CBA, meaning they can't negotiate with another team unless The Rams don't want to pay them at least the league minimum for their experience. Can't see them dumping Vobora in light of that. Not so sure about Grant.

I'd rather The Rams find a two year stopgap QB before the draft, whether a cheaper Bulger or whoever.A lot easier to go BPA in either Rd 1 or 2 in that scenario. Not saying either of your picks wouldn't be in contention for BPA but need may color the issue more than we'd like.Figuring out the stopgap is easier said than done, of course, but if we did manage it, I'd guess BPA at DE or OLB would run neck & neck with a QB like Lefevour.

Nuttin' to say about the picks after that. Any guy who is a non-bust contributor in two years is fine with me. Baby steps....

Comment

Originally posted by Azul e Oro View Post
            I agree that Wade & Randy Mc will probably be gone.But Barron will be dirt cheap as ,at the very least, a versatile durable back-up at tackle if there's no CBA and I see no upgrade with Cook. Isn't that why Minn replaced him with bulldozer Loadholt? Leads me to think that, despite his mistakes & spotty pass pro, Barron is a better run blocker than Cook.
            Thats where you are wrong. Barron needs discipline and he is a very good athlete. Look for a team with a need at OT to overpay for Barron like the Redskins.

Well Cook is not a great OT. But he can be solid. And he wont get as many penalties as Barron did. Remember Barron got some huge penalties that killed momentum building drives.

If we're gonna get an FA on the OL, I'd rather have a quality vet RG.I really don't believe Goldberg, Sett, or Greco are that easily pencilled as a 16 game starter for various reasons. Possibles,imo, inc, if not the older Seubert to hold the fort until Greco is ready, or if NYG screws up,then Snee for the long term.I think that's a bigger hole than some think; we lost Warner,imo, largely because The Rams braintrust thought they were "one & done" with buying quality QB pro when they drafted Pace.
            I never said they would be 16 game starters but i get where your coming from. But i think we need to try Grecco to see what he can do as a starter. I think he will be good. ANd this team is re-building we dont need a 1-2 yr veteran fill in.

Tapp's been a disappointment for The Hags,no? And at both end spots & with a very strong LB corps behind him. I'd rather have a well-rested Little backing up Long or Hall's beef & versatility for another year while a draftee develops; I think DE is a very strong contender for our #2 spot if you're thinking purely in terms of need.Whether there will be a player at that position in contention for BPA when the time comes...
            Tapp's strugles have been noted but he may turn it around with a better DL next to him and a better blitzing scheme than he had in seattle

Tapp-Suh-Ryan-Long

Tapp has pretty good stuff next to him.
            Both Gocong & Norwood would be great but I think both will be RFA & cost picks (3rd) if tendered by their respective teams & I think they would.
            Why would the falcons tender Norwood after the season he just had and the emergence Snelling?

The eagles just got spoon so i dont tthink they tender gocong

Comment

i think your rounds 2-5 are out of wak.....austen lane will be up in the second round /. LeFevour is a huge reach and Graham is more like Jeremy Steven ., not Antonio Gates....

I would rate rounds 2 -7

C-
              Last edited by richtree; -02-02-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

YouTube - Ndamukong Suh Heisman Highlights
                good choice

Comment

Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
                  Thats where you are wrong. Barron needs discipline and he is a very good athlete. Look for a team with a need at OT to overpay for Barron like the Redskins.

Well Cook is not a great OT. But he can be solid. And he wont get as many penalties as Barron did. Remember Barron got some huge penalties that killed momentum building drives.

I never said they would be 16 game starters but i get where your coming from. But i think we need to try Grecco to see what he can do as a starter. I think he will be good. ANd this team is re-building we dont need a 1-2 yr veteran fill in.

Tapp's strugles have been noted but he may turn it around with a better DL next to him and a better blitzing scheme than he had in seattle

Tapp-Suh-Ryan-Long

Tapp has pretty good stuff next to him.

Why would the falcons tender Norwood after the season he just had and the emergence Snelling?

The eagles just got spoon so i dont tthink they tender gocong
                  Barron will get approx $2 mill for one year from The Rams if he's RFA. Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with saying that's dirt cheap for a guy with his experience as a starter at both spots/durability/ability. If by "overpay" you mean that The Rams would get a first round pick in exchange from the Skins......I hope it happens. I certainly don't want Barron to get a fat longterm deal or be franchised at the average top LT price for a year if he becomes UFA.

Prove to me why Cook would be better.I'm not trying to be snotty; I really don't much about the guy except that he was benched in favor of a rookie & they had pass pro problems in the prior two seasons when he started. The penalties thing is too easy. Baby Huey would probably have fewer bonehead penalties than Barron but is Cook really better at either spot than Barron or blocking the run/pass? I can't get to the STATS LLC numbers for individual OTs sacks allowed these days but if you have some numbers to back up your opinion of the guy, I'd be interested.

All I know is Cook lost his spot to Loadholt, a rookie low 2nd rounder.Loadholt's scouted weakness was slow feet/speed rusher vulnerability, right? So my assumption is that Cook is not a great runblocker nor is he likely to be a good pass protector if a rookie leadfoot beat him out on a team that throws deep a lot. And if he is any good, why wouldn't Minn tender him as a 4th yr minimum so he can't leave (ERFA rule) & let him back-up, anyway?

I think teams are going to tender a lot if there's no CBA. You're talking about keeping quality young vets who know your system for much less than a longterm deal.The owners can't buy much without giving up picks but they can stockpile what they have for a year without either breaking the bank or mortgaging the future.

You are free to think what you like , BW, but I don't see Suh as this magical key element that, overnight, is going to turn our front seven into a unit that matches up well with Seattle's over Tapp's time there. They've had injury issues & I like Lau & Long as much as any Ram fan but the Ram unit is still weak in comparison. Maybe that line would be great but the Seattle front seven has been a much better unit over the last 2-3 years and deeper than The Rams' equivalent & we've all seen the games to prove it, sad to say.No way is Long as good as a healthy Kerney...yet. Ryan's OK but I wouldn't blink an eye if we replaced him with Colin Cole or Mebane.Never mind Curry, that guy Hawthorne probably played as well as Lau last year.The rest of The Rams DLers/LBs have question marks,imo, & the answer is probably not good for most.

I think their respective teams would want to tender both Gocong & Norwood for the same reasons you want them; they're pretty good/have potential & they can afford to for one year with no cap.

I think good teams will find it easier to repeat their success & rebuilders like The Rams will not be able to get better as fast as in a normal year . Very few guys just coming into their prime or at least worth the cheap one year rates as an experienced back-up/bit player will move this year,imo.
                  Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-03-2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BarronWade
                    B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 2.0
                    by BarronWade
                    In my first mock off-season i made a huge mistake. I did not have a QB of the future and thought we can rely on Bulger for one more year and go for a QB in 2011 I was wrong.

Players Leaving:

Alex Barron- He had his shot at RT and LT and failed to be consistent at both and his penalties just killed so many drives. And he had some penalties when the Rams were gaining momentum. However with the right coaching he may be successful elsewhere.

Jon Wade- I dont think we will offer him a contending contract. He was our starter at CB and it was his spot to lose. First he lost it to Fletcher then he lost it Quincy Butler nuff said.

Marc Bulger- He has too much wear and tear and just cannot throw it deep however he is still pretty accurate. We save around 4 mill doing this move.

Randy McMicheal- no explanation needed.

Rams that will be re-signed:
                    Craig Dahl
                    Dave Vabora
                    Larry Grant
                    Billy Bajema
                    James Hall

Cliff Ryan- He did a good job this year and we all know he deserves to be re-signed.

OJ Atogwe- He will sign a 2-3 year deal or be franchised

Leonard Little- He is our best pass rusher. He is a veteran. Either he retires or he plays as a Ram.

Free Agency
                    TE Tony Sheffler- many mocks have him. pass catching TE.
                    SLB Chris Gocong- He can play SLB. He is a solid player and can help JL.
                    RT Ryan Cook- Decent Tackle he can start for us.

Jason Cambell- This one is not going to be easy. I am aware of the 2 previous signings but we have money. I think it will come down to Seattle or us for Cambell. Seattle has Hous and John Carlson but we have Steven Jackson. Look at what he did in a WCO in washington 3,618 yards. His overall passer rating is decent 86.4. But his TD-INT ratio sux 20-15. But look at the redskins best rusher last year Clint Portis 124 att and under 500 yards. He was basically forced to pass.

Here's the bottom line we beat out Seattle by overpaying for him my guess is 3-4 years 25-32 mil. A hefty price but a young QB in his prime.

2010 Draft

ROund 1:
                    DT Ndamukong Suh
                    Analysis: not needed

Round 2:
                    RB Jahvid Best
                    Analysis: We get Cambell and what do we do? Give him more targets. Steven Jackson had so many rushing attempts and slowed down at the end so what do we do? We give him a playmaking back that can hit home runs. He can catch and he can run fast.

Round 3:
                    OG Mike Johnson
                    Analysis: A bit high for him but we need a guard and here is our guy. He can pass protect and run block.

Round 4:
                    QB Jevan Snead
                    Analysis: I am pretty sure this is not going to be a popular pick. But Snead has the tools he just needs to fix some mechanical problems. Maybe a little high for him. We can get him and see what he can do.
                    -01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
                  • BarronWade
                    B-Dub's Mock Draft
                    by BarronWade
                    So i had 3 mock off-seasons but this is my sole mock draft.

Round 1 Pick 1: QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
                    Alternative Pick: Suh
                    Pervious pick: Sam Bradford
                    Analysis: We need a franchise QB and that is what he get.

Round 2 Pick 1: DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
                    Alternative Pick: Jahvid Best
                    Previous Pick: Brandon Lafell
                    Analysis: PLEASE READ!! before you guys jump to conclusions and just shoot down this pick understand what he can do. Yes he did get arrested for a DUI but so did Bradley Fletcher last year and we drafted him. The guys has very nice physical skills and high talent level and is still raw. But look who our head coach is. I think he will be motivated with the Rams. He looks across the field he sees Chris Long a high motor young guy who trys every play. He goes to the bench and sees a veteran like James hall and a guy in Adeyinju who can take his spot. I know this pick will be criticized.

Round 3 *TRADE*: DT ALbert Haynsworth from Washington
                    Alternative Pick: Rob Gronkowski
                    Previous pick: Corey Wooten
                    Analysis: The Redskins pick 4th then dont have a draft pick till the 4th round. So they pick up the Rams 3rd rounder and Adam Carriker + 2011 pick based on Haynsworth's performance. But they pay for some of Fat Al's contract. The Rams pay him about 6-7 mill a year. We give up alot but we dont pay much.

Round 4 Pick 1: TE Jimmy Graham, Miami
                    Alternative Pick Kyle Calloway
                    Previous Pick: Montario Hardesty
                    Analysis: We need a TE that can catch the ball. Graham has upside we take the risk get him and see if he can turn into the next Antonio Gates.

Round 5 Pick 1: OT Sam young, Notre Dame
                    Alternative Pick: Mike Johnson
                    Previous Pick : Mike Johnson
                    Analysis: Some depth at OT

Round 5 Pick 32: OLB Kavell Connor
                    Alternative Pick: none
                    Previous pick: Lagarret Blount
                    Analysis: Depth at LB

Round 6 Pick 1: DE Kevin Basped
                    Alternative Pick: none
                    Previous Pick: none
                    Analysis: very raw DE. Could use coaching.

Round 7 Pick 1: OG Sergio Render
                    Analysis: Depth at guard probably wont make team

Round 7 Pick 19: P Jolton Mesko
                    Alternative Pick: Armanti Edwards
                    Analysis: yep why not a Punter

Round 7 Pick 47: CB Patrick Stoudamire
                    Analysis: MR. Almost Irrelevent

Post Draft signing: RB Brian Westbrook

2010 Depth:

QB: Sam Bradford, feely, Null
                    RB: Action Jackson. Westbrook, Darby, Oggie
                    FB: Mike Karney

WR1: Laurant Robinson, Brandon Gibson, Danny boy
                    WR2: Donnie Avery, Keenen Burton, Danny Boy
                    Slot: Brandon Gibson, Danny Boy, Keenen Burton
                    TE: Dan Fells, Jimmy Graham, Billy Bajema

LT: Jason Smith, Alex barron, Sam Yo...
                    -04-09-2010, 09:33 AM
                  • BarronWade
                    BarronWade's mock off-season
                    by BarronWade
                    So right now we are 0-7 and this is the way i think our off season will go down

First: Pat Shurmur is released (finally). Giants RB coach Jerald Ingram fills that spot hopefully he can do something.

Second: Bulger reconstructs his contract to keep his job as Rams starter (for now).

RE-SIGN:
                    TE Dan Fells about 3-4 yrs.
                    Receiving TE can help if we cannot get a good receiver in the draft. Even if we do Fells is a good 2nd catching TE like Shincoe was in NY.

OG/C Richie Incognito about 1-2 yrs
                    At this point we do not need to create a whole at Guard. So we get cogs for the short term and find a suitable starter in the next yr or 2.

DE James Hall 1yr
                    I think Little will either retire or spend one more year elsewhere. So we need a veteran leader and Hall has played well for us.

DT Cliff Ryan 4-5 yrs
                    Give me 1 reason why we wont re-sign our best DT that is only 25 right now.

DB John Wade 1 yr
                    He is a restricted free agent so we will obviously tender him if someone else wants him they give us a 1st rounder. or 3rd depending on how much we tender him.

S Craig Dahl 2-3 yrs
                    pleasant surprise for us.

OJ Atogwe 2 yrs
                    I think if we cannot re-sign him we will just put the franchise on him then he will negotiate a deal for about 2 yrs and see the direction of the team.

Key Depatures:
                    DE Leonard Little (see james hall)
                    OG Jacob Bell (i dont see him reconstructing his deal which will get him cut)
                    TE Randy McMicheal (good riddance)
                    OT Alex Barron (penalties aside he is having a good year; i think we low ball him and some team gives him big bucks and a long term deal because of his size and talent. )
                    OLB Paris Lenon (why would we resign an average 32 yr old.
                    QB Kyle Boller (he could not protect the Boll)
                    DE Victor Adeyenju (we kept on keeping him inactive i dont think spags likes him)
                    RB Ken Darby (not as good a blocker as last year)

NOTE: For all of you that think we can sign Breaston or Moore: why would young receivers destined for a good future come to the Rams that have QB issues?

Key Arrivals:
                    DT Barry Coefield
                    This is a popular one because the G-men have depth on DL and Coefield will start with the Rams. He has conections with Spags.

LB Chris Gocong
                    He has connections with spags. He is a big LB. THe eagles just got spoon so they probably wont keep him. Your probably thinking why would he switch to OLB and come to the Rams. This will be the guy we give alot of money/ incentives to. He will be our "major" FA acquisition.

WR Dominik Hixon
                    unlike us the Giants have young receivers that are all flourishing and Hixon may be dropped in favor of Smith, Manningham and Nicks. We are in need of WRs and...
                    -10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
                  • Nick
                    Nick's Early January Rams Mock Offseason
                    by Nick
                    Before Christmas, I completed my first first-round mock of this draft season. I speculated that I might be able to do a Rams-only mock that corresponds, but just haven't had the time recently to sit down and do it...

...UNTIL NOW!!!!! :ram:

CURRENT ROSTER – RESIGN
                    -FS OJ Atogwe: He’ll be a restricted free agent in an uncapped year, so tender him a high offer and keep him around while trying to work out a long-term deal.

-NT Clifton Ryan: Ryan will likely be either a restricted or exclusive rights free agent without a cap, so the Rams should be able to retain him fairly easily. He’s emerged as a solid starter on the line.

-DT Gary Gibson: Gibson showed some flashes before he was injured, and it certainly couldn’t hurt to resign him to a minimum deal to see if he can win a job in camp.

-OL Mark Setterstrom: Mark is considered to be one of our better young lineman, but just can’t manage to stay healthy. Still, he provides some nice depth and should be retained as a RFA.

-LS Chris Massey: An effective long snapper, there’s really no reason not to bring Massey back, nor any reason to think it can’t be done for cheap.

-DE Leonard Little: Little may not even want to play in 2010, but if he can be brought back for relatively cheap as a situational pass rusher, the Rams would benefit.

CURRENT ROSTER – CUT/UNSIGNED
                    -OT Alex Barron: Barron looks to be a restricted free agent in an uncapped year, but I think the Rams send a better message by letting him hit the market.

-TE Randy McMichael: A cause for optimism when Scott Linehan lured McMichael away from Miami, the tight end hasn’t really done much and was a big disappointment in 2009.

-QB Kyle Boller: The experiment did not work out. Boller doesn’t really have much in the tank right now, certainly not enough to be relied upon as an efficient back-up passer.

-CB Jonathan Wade: A former third round pick, Wade hasn’t made much of an impact for the Rams and barely played after the bye despite being a starter in September.

FREE AGENCY ADDITIONS
                    -LB Derrick Johnson (Chiefs): Johnson is upset about his back-up role in Kansas City, and rightfully so. Though he’s a restricted free agent, he may be allowed to walk if Todd Haley doesn’t value him. He could very well become a starter at OLB for the Rams.

-RB Jerious Norwood (Falcons): Norwood will be a popular item on many offseason wishlists for many teams as he’s a very nice change of pace ‘back. The Falcons may be willing to part with Norwood even though he’s a restricted free agent because of the emergence of Jason Snelling.

-DE Mark Anderson (Bears): Anderson is another restricted free agent, but Chicago traded for Gaines Adams and drafted Jarron Gilbert in the third...
                    -01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
                  • Bald_81
                    Bald_81's Mock Offseason V1
                    by Bald_81
                    Re-Signings

FS OJ Atogwe
                    NT Clifton Ryan
                    OL Mark Setterstrom
                    LS Chris Massey
                    DE Leonard Little*
                    DE C.J. Ah You

Cuts

OT Alex Barron
                    TE Randy McMichael
                    QB Marc Bulger

Walks

QB Kyle Boller
                    DT Gary Gibson
                    WR Ruvell Martin
                    SS Clinton Hart
                    RB Samkon Gado
                    RB Kenneth Darby
                    DE James Hall
                    LB Paris Lenon
                    DE Victor Adeyanju

Free Agency

QB Chad Pennington
                    - Notes: A veteran QB who will be available due to Chad Henne's success in South Beach. Chad will be a great bridge QB for the Rams and could provide a similar spark/impact on offense as he did for Miami in '08.

RB Leon Washington
                    - Notes: With the emergence of rookie Shonn Greene, there is a crowded backfield with only so many carries to go around. Leon would be a great change of pace back for Steven who possesses a similar talent in the receiving game making him more dangerous.

OT Tyson Clabo
                    - Notes: With the departure of Alex Barron and Jason Smith shifting over to the left side, there is a need for a RT. Tyson Clabo has done a great job keeping Matt Ryan off his back in Atlanta and would help solidify our line.

DE Ray Edwards
                    - Notes: Although he plays with what might be the best supporting cast in the NFL (Jared Allen, Pat & Kevin Williams), Ray Edwards is a young player who has gotten better with each passing season. He would help add to the young nucleus that Devaney is trying to build on as well as give Spags a new toy to play with.

LB Omar Gaither
                    - Notes: He was with Spags for one season in Philadelphia, but he possesses the versatility to play different linebacker positions. Besides Laurinaitis, our LB core has a lot of issues and Gaither will be a solid addition.

LB Danny Clark
                    - Notes: A jack-of-all-trades who can play all three linebacker spots, he essentially replaces Paris Lenon as the veteran of this group but more importantly provides depth at each position.

CB Richard Marshall
                    - Notes: A tough, physical corner who fits the mold of what Spags wants. Marshall is very young and entering the prime of his career which is exactly what the Rams want and he also fills a position of need.

NFL Draft

Round 1: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
                    - Notes: Taking a QB first overall would be a slam dunk here if there was a franchise type available, alas, the Rams don't exactly have the best luck. However, they are blessed to find one of the best defensive prospects of the decade. Suh not only addresses an area of need, but he makes the rest of the defense better and could help catapult Chris Long into double-digit sacks in 2010.

Round 2: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma.
                    - Notes: Playmakers, playmakers, playmakers. Is that what you want Billy? Look no further than...
                    -01-10-2010, 04:04 AM
                  Working...
                  X