Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Not Zac Robinson???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Not Zac Robinson???

    I was very surprised right after the senior bowl when very few of the ppl in the ram clan didn't acknowledge Zac Robinson's performance. I didnt even know who he was until half way through the game when he threw a couple laser bombs down field. And I said to myself, "why not him?"

    After a little research I learned that Robinson threw for 176 yrds, which was more yardage than Pike and Lefevour combined. Bet ya didn't know that.

  • #2
    Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

    He did have a great performance, and I also liked him after that game. Perhaps he could be the guy after workouts/combine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

      I was planning on putting him in my post-Senior Bowl mock draft.

      I think this is guy is underrated. He was the best QB in the Senior Bowl, and outplayed Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike, and every other QB.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

        Originally posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
        I was very surprised right after the senior bowl when very few of the ppl in the ram clan didn't acknowledge Zac Robinson's performance. I didnt even know who he was until half way through the game when he threw a couple laser bombs down field. And I said to myself, "why not him?"

        After a little research I learned that Robinson threw for 176 yrds, which was more yardage than Pike and Lefevour combined. Bet ya didn't know that.

        Hard to take anything from the Senior Bowl. The defenses cant blitz and have to stay in a base defense and no press coverage. Similar to Probowl rules. I like judging qb's vs pro style or highly rated teams and see how they fared. Robinson did not fair well vs Oklahoma,Texas or even Texas Tech for that matter. He was 33-60 for 277 yds 2 td's and 5 int's. Not exactly tearing it up vs top talent teams. Throw in the Cotton Bowl and he was 46-91 for 395 yds 2td's and 9 int's. I'm sure he could be worth a look in the lower rounds but the Seniorbowl means nothing.
        Aim high Willis, Aim High!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

          Primarily for his lack of arm strength is why not...second would be his lack of experience under center, third his size, etc., etc., etc. At least to me, it is painfully apparent that he is one of those guys that was a good college qb, but not an NFL qb, Senior Bowl numbers notwithstanding.

          If it makes you feel any better, I am a huge Boise State fan, and i'd say much the same thing about Kellen Moore, and he is a far "smarter" qb than Zac Robinson.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

            I'm with Rammiser.. Robinson playing well in the senior bowl doesn't mean much. No blitzes, no stunts. Being in Dallas I see a lot of Oklahoma State games, and I'm not impressed. I think he'll get drafted in the 6th or 7th.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

              I like this kid cause he has major wheels! I heard he can run somewhere between a 4.4-4.5. That would definitely be an asset.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                Originally posted by peramoure View Post
                I'm with Rammiser.. Robinson playing well in the senior bowl doesn't mean much. No blitzes, no stunts. Being in Dallas I see a lot of Oklahoma State games, and I'm not impressed. I think he'll get drafted in the 6th or 7th.
                Well, yes and no.

                If playing well in the senior bowl doesn't mean all that much, seeing as QBs are facing defenses who can't send stunts, blitzes or exotic packages, then surely being outplayed in the Senior bowl as Pike and LeFevour were, can't do favourable things to a prospect's draft stock. All I'm saying is that if you're ineffective against base defenses, then it stands to reason that you'll be limited against blitz packages.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                  Originally posted by rammiser View Post
                  Hard to take anything from the Senior Bowl. The defenses cant blitz and have to stay in a base defense and no press coverage. Similar to Probowl rules. I like judging qb's vs pro style or highly rated teams and see how they fared. Robinson did not fair well vs Oklahoma,Texas or even Texas Tech for that matter. He was 33-60 for 277 yds 2 td's and 5 int's. Not exactly tearing it up vs top talent teams. Throw in the Cotton Bowl and he was 46-91 for 395 yds 2td's and 9 int's. I'm sure he could be worth a look in the lower rounds but the Seniorbowl means nothing.
                  I think the senior bowl counts for something at least. All the Qb's were playing the same blitz-less defense. And as Bar-bq asked, what does that say about Pike, Lefevour, and Tebow? They should have done better playing such a soft defense.
                  Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -02-14-2010, 12:33 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                    Originally posted by Bar-bq View Post
                    All I'm saying is that if you're ineffective against base defenses, then it stands to reason that you'll be limited against blitz packages.
                    I don't know about that. If a quarterback is good at reading the blitz, then he'll know where the holes in coverage are. The more defenders rushing, the more likely a receiver is going to be wide open. Thus, some quarterbacks with good football IQ might actually perform better against the blitz.

                    If everybody is dropping back into coverage, you'll have more time to read the defense, but you will also have to be more accurate on your throw. So, yes, all of the quarterbacks were tested under similar conditions in the Senior Bowl, but those conditions might favor certain desirable qualities over others.

                    That said, it's only one game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                      Originally posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
                      I think the senior bowl counts for something at least. All the Qb's were playing the same blitz-less defense. And as Bar-bq asked, what does that say about Pike, Lefevour, and Tebow? They should have done better playing such a soft defense.
                      Ok lets say it counts for something. What would you put more stock in, an all-star game or throwing 2 td's and 9 int's vs the top teams you played during the season?
                      Aim high Willis, Aim High!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                        I agree with you. One game doesn't decide everything. But it does count for something. His performance makes me pause and ask, "what just happened?"

                        How come Robinson outperformed these other QB's? How come Lefevour, Pike, and Tebow were put to shame? Robinson hasn't done very good during the regular season, so why the sudden improvement?


                        ps.
                        I don't know where you got those stats from but here's the website I use:
                        Zac Robinson Stats, News, Photos - Oklahoma State Cowboys - NCAA College Football - ESPN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why Not Zac Robinson???

                          Originally posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
                          I agree with you. One game doesn't decide everything. But it does count for something. His performance makes me pause and ask, "what just happened?"

                          How come Robinson outperformed these other QB's? How come Lefevour, Pike, and Tebow were put to shame? Robinson hasn't done very good during the regular season, so why the sudden improvement?


                          ps.
                          I don't know where you got those stats from but here's the website I use:
                          Zac Robinson Stats, News, Photos - Oklahoma State Cowboys - NCAA College Football - ESPN
                          That's where i got the stats from. I didnt look at his stats vs the cream puff teams. I used the stats vs top level teams, i.e Texas,Texas Tech,Oklahoma and Mississippi in the Cotton Bowl. All four games he was terrible.
                          Aim high Willis, Aim High!

                          Comment

                          Loading...
                          Working...
                          X