There are all your choices people 1,2 or 3 just have a go

Also add comment in below so that I can evaluate
    Option 1
    4.88%
    Option 2
    68.29%
    Option 3
    26.83%
    Last edited by sntlouisrams; -02-17-2010, 08:39 AM.

Re: Which option would you rather?

Before anybody has a moan, it is just for fun. Yes I know they are very offence or defence heavy but just go with the flow as much as a most awesome defence would be nice I went for option 1 good qb wr and allrounder wld do us good me thinks

Comment

I say #3

We get our franchise QB

We get him an inside/redzone weapon

We give S-Jax a rest because he showed he was getting tired down the stretch.

Comment

I agree with you totally, the sad thing is all 3 options cover areas of need for us. But I did like option 3 because of the RB and if he slid to 3 it would be an absolute steal end of round 2 beginning of round 3 will be interesting.

Comment

I like option 2 with Dexter McCluster in the 3rd.

I think that provides us with a good value pick in all three rounds.

My least favorite option would be #1 because I don't really like either Claussen or Tate.

Comment

for me, was a real tough decision between #2 and #3.

Rams have GOT to infuse some more talent on the offensive side, but i thought BPA wise, that option #2 was a tad better than #3. but i wouldn't be upset if Rams went with option #3.

i like what Robinson, Avery, Burton, Gibson, and Amendola bring to the wr/kr/flex side, so given the Rams draft position, i just didn't think the value was there in #1. plus, clausen is a question mark in my mind.

would love seeing J. Mcknight picked up by Rams in rd. 3. i'm curous to see if he'll be there come 3rd round.
            Last edited by KoaKoi; -02-17-2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

2 definately but no way Wilson drops to the 3rd.

Comment

I'm going for option #3. I believe that Bradford is the real deal and will show it at the combine and his Pro Day. I look for Billy to be tremendously impressed with him.

I love the Gresham pick, but, unfortunately, I just don't think there is much of a chance that he's there in the 2nd. But if by chance he is there GRAB HIM!! I mean we haven't had a game-changing TE since..well...I guess never.:roll:

McKnight brings the necessary size along with the athleticism that is required to be an effective back up to S. Jax. I don't want any scat backs until we've got a viable, physical RB so when Jax goes out of the game we don't have to change the offensive philosophy much.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

Wow... drool

All three of those are pretty nice, 2 & 3 moreso than the first one for me.

I'd go with #3, and be grinning about it

Comment

Number 2. It'd be great to have a rock solid defense.

Comment

In response I thought heavily about this and if he was around in late 2nd we could trade in to get him perhaps>?

Comment

Originally posted by sntlouisrams View Post
                        I agree with you totally, the sad thing is all 3 options cover areas of need for us. But I did like option 3 because of the RB and if he slid to 3 it would be an absolute steal end of round 2 beginning of round 3 will be interesting.
                        What a mess this team is in. They are definately like a exspansion outfit without the perks of extra draft picks.
                        Option 2 had the most benefit's for the BPA, but this poll really was frustrating as a Rams fan.
                        I do think it was a huge shame Jake Locker didnt come out this year, thats what No.1 overall draft picks should be like, maybe next year?

Comment

Without a doubt #2, altho its more defensive but I think if BPA is there you have to take em even if they are defensive and pick up some offensive FA's

Comment

I went with two, but if they go all offense or all defense with the first 3 picks I'm not going to be real happy about it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by cfh128 View Post
                              I went with two, but if they go all offense or all defense with the first 3 picks I'm not going to be real happy about it either way.

I know I know, but its just a what if kind of thought process there is no way we draft 123 offence or defence but just for thoughts was the idea.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                                RB Options, by Round
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                The Rams need to upgrade the No. 2 back position behind Steven Jackson. Unfortunately, this is not the deepest crop at the position.

Here are the RBs I'd consider taking, by round.

Round 1

Mark Ingram, Alabama
                                Ingram is the only RB I give a clear first round grade. I would not take him with the 14th pick, but he could be an option if the Rams trade down in the round.

Round 2

Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
                                Williams could go in the first round, but I have him rated as a second round pick. If he were to last until the Rams second round pick, I'd strongly consider him.

Round 3

DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
                                Murray may never be workhorse back, but he was the best receiving RB in college football (71 receptions) last year. That could be a very good asset in Josh McDaniels' offense.

Jordan Todman, UConn
                                I am a big fan of Todman and think he could be a bit of a sleeper in the draft. He's not the biggest back, but he carried a heavy load at UConn. He also has the speed to be a game-breaker.

Jaquizz Rodgers, Oregon State
                                Rodgers has a high-profile, and might not last this long. If he does, he'd be a nice fit for the Rams and a good value in Round 3.

Round 4

Dione Lewis, Pittsburgh
                                Lewis is not a big back, but he's demonstated the ability to carry a big load (nearly 600 touches in the last two years). I think he could out-play his draft position.

Derrick Locke, Kentucky
                                I like Lock's speed and receiving ability. He would not be a future replacement for Jackson in all likelihood, but could be a great complimentary back.

Rounds 5-7

John Clay, Wisconsin
                                Clay would not be a change-of-pace back. Rather, he is a back who will remind many of Brandon Jacobs. It will be interesting to see his 40 time, as that will likely determine where he is taken.

Donald Buckram, UTEP
                                Buckram had nearly 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his Junior year before being slowed by injuries in his Senior year. Another potential sleeper pick.
                                -02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
                              • timsum1283
                                Third Round MLB
                                by timsum1283
                                if all goes somewhat according to plan, the rams will take an OT first round (whether it be Smith or Monroe) and more than likely Laurunitis will be off the board in the second round. Thus, in the third round I would hope for a MLB choice if not attained in the second. What are your opinions on this one:

Strengths:
                                Extremely tough...Super aggressive...Tremendous instincts...Decent timed speed...Reliable tackler...Excellent football IQ and is like an extra coach on the field...Reads and reacts quickly...Works through traffic well...Good awareness and is adequate in coverage...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has a non-stop motor...True leader...Fantastic work ethic...A terrific special teamer...Has a ton of experience...Productive.

Weaknesses:
                                Just average height and bulk with short arms and small hands...Not a great athlete...Range is somewhat limited...Has some trouble shedding blocks...Will get engulfed by massive offensive linemen...Lacks fluid hips...Marginal change of direction skills...Isn't much of a pass rusher.

-taken from draftcountdown.com

I personally think the pros greatly outweigh the cons in the prospect and due to a knee injury he may be available in the third.

This prospect is Jason Phillips from TCU.

I think he should be the pick if available in the third round because unlike other MLBs in the draft, his production remained consistent and he played with a fearless rampage throughout his career.

What does everyone else think? Is round three a MLB choice or do you see greater priorities?
                                -04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
                              • GoRams1
                                I Change My Mind-- No WR In The First Round!
                                by GoRams1
                                First of all, I'm all for Justin Blackmon if we take him in the 1st Round (I'm an OK State Homer).
                                But I cant see Spags going WR in round 1. I say we take this guy... Von Miller.

YouTube - Von Miller Butkus Award Winner 2010 Highlights
                                -01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
                              • DJRamFan
                                DJ's War Room
                                by DJRamFan
                                Ok all you draftniks, i've set up my position analysis based on reports from profootballweekly.com and tsn.com. I've put it on a spread sheet (Excel).

I'd like to take 2 CB's, 2 S's, 1 WR, 1 OT, 1 C, 1 ILB, 1 OLB. in tentative order...

Round 1: CB
                                Round 2: S
                                Round 3: WR
                                Round 4: OLB
                                Round 5: CB
                                Round 6: ILB
                                Round 7: OT
                                Round 8: S
                                Round 9: C

Most mock drafts have us taking either Josh Reed (WR- LSU) or Derek Ross (CB-Ohio State). However, If Josh Reed is available i will take him in Round 1, if he is not, i'd like to take possibly Sheldon Brown (CB - South Carolina). TSN said Ross is good, but has too much baggage, i'd like to stay away from another Lawrence Philips.

Post your thoughts now....

Here is my breakdown (the link may not work, but it will if you copy and paste it)

http://www.geocities.com/djramfan/MockDraft.xls
                                -02-15-2002, 03:39 PM
                              • RamsFan16
                                4.14.06 Mockdraft
                                by RamsFan16
                                Round 1: Chad Greenway LB, Iowa

Round 2: Gabe Watson DT, Michigan

Round 3: DeMario Minter CB, Georgia

Round 4: Tim Day TE, Oregon

Round 5: Jahmile Addae S, West Virginia

Round 6: Brad Smith QB/WR/R, Missouri

Round 7: Grayling Love C, Arizona State