Gruden for OC!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gruden for OC!!!

Hypothetically how great would it be to fire our Offensive Cord. and hire John Gruden as our OC? I know he probably wouldn't settle for anything but a HC now but it would be cool... what say you?:ram:

Re: Gruden for OC!!!

While Gruden may or may not have merit as an OC isn't really my concern. Right now I think the best thing for the Rams is consistency. They do not have the talent to run a solid offense. Firing the OC after one year and bringing in a new one with new idea's and new ways of doing things is not the answer.

Comment

This is kinda pointless not only did he sign an extension w/ MNF, and do we have an OC that probably isn't going anywhere but he would probably take a HC position in NFL OR college first, never going to happen!

Comment

Pat Shurmur better change his ultra-conservative/predictable offensive schemes if he wants to stay here. As for Gruden, I don't want a guy like him IMO because he seems to have poor relationships with managers i.e. Al Davis and Rich McKay.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

What about his resume at Tampa Bay makes you think he would be a great OC?

When I think of the bucs I think of the defense not the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
            Pat Shurmur better change his ultra-conservative/predictable offensive schemes if he wants to stay here.
            You have to play ultra conservative when you have very little talent around you. Granted Shumur has made some bad calls, but the blame doesnt solely lay with him. Avery catches very few balls at ten or less yards much less the 20+ yards pass's. Company that with the fact that nobody was getting open besides Robinson and you pretty much have to fall back on the crutch of Jackson.

As for Gruden, I don't want a guy like him IMO because he seems to have poor relationships with managers i.e. Al Davis and Rich McKay.
            Nobody has a good relation with Al davis, except his players because he over pays them like crazy.

Comment

Is there a point to this drivel? The Rams are not in the market for an OC, and Gruden is not looking for a coaching job.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Guam rammer
                Where's the OC?
                by Guam rammer
                Ok, we were one of the worst offenses in the NFL this past season and still up to now we don't have an OC? I know patience goes a long way but things need to get fixed in a hurry. Whoever is taking over that department kinda has they're work cut out for them. There's practically no such thing as an offseason if your a coach and times a wasting.
                -01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
                Which is easier?
                by Guest
                IMO it is easier to focus exclusively on OC or DC then it is to be the HC and play caller for the O or the D. I think Martz was outstanding in 1999 as OC and he continued to keep the offense rolling in 2000 and 2001 as well. But I think it takes a toll on a HC that has to also call the plays as well as manage the game. I am sure there are a few plays a game that would be called differently if the HC was just the OC or DC and doing it from the booth and able to analyze his game calling without all the other distractions.

With that said my question is which is easier:
                1. The HC who calls the defensive plays.
                2. The HC who calls the offensive plays.
                -01-14-2006, 06:27 PM
              • AvengerRam_old
                Who should the Rams hire as their new OC?
                by AvengerRam_old
                I have no information on any actual candidates.
                Marc Trestman (fmr. CHI HC)
                35.85%
                Greg Roman (fmr. SF OC)
                1.89%
                Dirk Koetter (fmr. ATL OC)
                1.89%
                Rob Chudzinski (IND asst. to HC)
                22.64%
                Mike Munchak (PIT OL coach)
                3.77%
                Someone else (who?)
                33.96%
                -01-07-2015, 01:44 PM
              • laram0
                We need a new OC
                by laram0
                Time to make the nominations. Who do you nominate from the CLAN to take over this Offense?
                -10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
                Maybe he is our new OC ?
                by Guest
                Maybe the Rams gave him an out for a year . He wasn't staying in DALLAS right ! If no-one was making him the HC offer , maybe this is just a stop until next year , when some more interested teams take a look . If the Rams were to be sold in a year or two , who knows .

i know it is ridiculas , but it was fun too get you guy's riled up . it's good .
                -01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
              Working...
              X