Bradford vs. Suh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford vs. Suh

Let's assume that both Bradford and Suh are ahead (and will stay ahead) of their positional counterparts, Clausen and McCoy.

With that assumption in place, the decision comes down to: will Bradford be the better QB, or will Suh be the better DT? And by how much, relatively speaking?

So I think we have to look not at where they are, but where they will be. Here's how I see it:

Bradford's floor is Chad Pennington; his ceiling is Kurt Warner. Most likely......Matt Schaub

Suh's floor is LaRoi Glover; his ceiling is John Randle. Most likely.....Warren Sapp.

It just seems to me, when looking at that scale of potential/probability, the choice is Suh. Not scientific at all, of course, but just what I'm seein'.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Re: Bradford vs. Suh

As I look back over my post, I can't help but think the two sides are going to see this argument in very different lights. Bradford vs. Suh will boil down to:

Bradford supporter: Warner vs. Glover
    Suh supporter: Pennington vs. Randle.

lol

Comment

Instead of who will be the best at his position I think the real debate should be...

Which player will impact the teams chance of winning more?

Do you still believe Defense can when a championship or do you have to have a great gunslinger?

I personally think we have to have to have more offense.

Here is the catch... Suh will have more impact in 2010 but Bradford will have more impact in 2011 and for several years to come.

So I really, really like Suh but I tend to lean toward Bradford. If he is healthy of course.

IMHO

Comment

For one when I see any of the qb's coming out this year I don't see Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. I see a bunch of guys with the skill levels that will top out at Carson Palmer,Schaub, and some Matt Leinarts. In my opinion which mean squat this qb draft class seems pretty average. That is why I dont want to see the Rams take a qb 1st because I dont see that much seperation from Bradford to Pike. I think they will both be mid level second tier qb's. The one guy I thought had franchise talent decided to stay in school, Jake Locker. If Locker had come out I would have wanted the Rams to take him first. He puts up numbers with no talent around him. I want the Rams to take Suh only because I think they can find a qb in the second round that will be just as good as Bradford or Clausen will ever be. Also why do we need a star qb? If there isnt a sure star qb in the first round why not build this team with a great defense? Why not model after the Ravens and go defense and just bring in a free agent qb to manage the offense?
        Aim high Willis, Aim High!

Comment

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
          Instead of who will be the best at his position I think the real debate should be...

Which player will impact the teams chance of winning more?

Do you still believe Defense can when a championship or do you have to have a great gunslinger?

I personally think we have to have to have more offense.

Here is the catch... Suh will have more impact in 2010 but Bradford will have more impact in 2011 and for several years to come.

So I really, really like Suh but I tend to lean toward Bradford. If he is healthy of course.

IMHO
          Umm, I don't know, Rambunctious.........first, I'm not convinced that Bradford's impact would have longer legs than Suh. But more importantly, I think the impact each would provide is on two different levels.

As I alluded to in my original post, I don't see it as Bradford vs. Suh; I think it's Chad Pennington vs. John Randle. Or more likely Matt Schaub vs. Warren Sapp.

That seems pretty clear to me, but just my perspective of course.

Comment

don't you think a lot goes into if the Rams like either Pike or McCoy at all.

If they do, they can take Suh/McCoy/Okung or trade down and pick up

Pike or McCoy in round 2.

I think Pike and Jarrett Brown have to get serious consideration in Round 2 and 3.

If Rams think only Bradford and Clausen are starting QB's than the won't pass on either in round 1.

Comment

The Rams point blank need to take the best player available on their board period...

Comment

I don't know that I consider Matt Schaub as a bad thing...The impact Schaub has had on the Texans is quite impressive and at this rate I'd be happy with half of that, given our offensive offense.
                "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Originally posted by bruce4life View Post
                  The Rams point blank need to take the best player available on their board period...
                  I'm never much of a fan of this reasoning, simply because I think franchises place paramount importance on addressing positions of need, but this year it really makes sense. If you have the first overall pick, and the two players you could choose will inadvertently both address positions of need, then the most logical thing to do is to take the best player on your board.

Originally posted by BrokenWing View Post
                  I don't know that I consider Matt Schaub as a bad thing...The impact Schaub has had on the Texans is quite impressive and at this rate I'd be happy with half of that, given our offensive offense.
                  Wouldn't it be just dandy if we had Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels for our own Schaub to throw to?

Comment

I've been on the fence (and perhaps even slight qb lean) of late, of who I'd like to see at #1.

I'll have Suh. He's just too good to 'pass' up.

Comment

This is what I was so concerned about coming in. While meaningful football was being played, the pick was Suh. Now all of a sudden, w/o any meaningful football being played, the pick becomes Bradford

What has changed? Bradford took his shirt off and displayed an extra 10 pounds of muscle?

Are we going to make our pick on that?

Comment

Hub, I think Bradford's pro day will make or break whether or not he's the first pick of the draft.
                        Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I do not think there is anything Bradford can do to go #1 overall. Even if he checks out medically, and throws the ball all over the field on Pro day, he has not shown the durability to start.
                          A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                            Hub, I think Bradford's pro day will make or break whether or not he's the first pick of the draft.
                            Yet, there's so much talk NOW about him being the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                              Yet, there's so much talk NOW about him being the choice.
                              It's internet talk and rumors.

How do you know Suh won't be the next Glen Dorsey? Or Carriker?

Other than internet banter, how can we predict Gerald McCoy isn't going to be ranked higher than Suh in the end?

Comment