Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

    Panthers released QB Jake Delhomme.
    Delhomme has had an interesting and admirable career, beginning as an undrafted free agent in 1999 before taking over as Carolina's offensive leader in 2003. Though he sports a 50-31 career record and a pair of impressive playoff runs, Delhomme has been a wreck since his six-turnover game against the Cardinals two years ago. Matt Moore becomes the favorite to start for the Panthers while Delhomme could head back home to back up Drew Brees.
    I don't understand this...Why can't the Rams FO just come together and realize that Bulger is shot, and it is time to move on. Let the guy move to a team and finish his career as a backup. He's done. When I saw the Panthers cut Delhomme I got even more angry cause I just don't understand why Marc is still a Ram. His contract is dead money.

  • #2
    Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

    Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I don't understand this...Why can't the Rams FO just come together and realize that Bulger is shot, and it is time to move on. Let the guy move to a team and finish his career as a backup. He's done. When I saw the Panthers cut Delhomme I got even more angry cause I just don't understand why Marc is still a Ram. His contract is dead money.
    You gonna let Boller mentor our QB of the future?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

      Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
      You gonna let Boller mentor our QB of the future?
      I like throwing Bradford into the fire. If we are going to draft Bradford first overall, and don't have a decent QB on the team, throw him out there. Jets did it with Sanchez; Ravens with Flacco; Colts with Peyton...I like that approach.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

        Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
        I like throwing Bradford into the fire. If we are going to draft Bradford first overall, and don't have a decent QB on the team, throw him out there. Jets did it with Sanchez; Ravens with Flacco; Colts with Peyton...I like that approach.
        Sanchez 2444 yrds 12 td 20 int
        FLacco 2971 yrds 14 td 12 int
        Manning 3791 yrds 26 td 28 int (Rooking record for Int)

        The only stats I would really be satisfied with is Manning, and I'll give you that starting Manning right away was a good idea, but he is IMO the best QB ever. Sitting a rookie behind a veteran is a good idea. Look at Rodger, Favre, Henne, Pennington, Brees, Rivers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

          Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
          Sanchez 2444 yrds 12 td 20 int
          FLacco 2971 yrds 14 td 12 int
          Manning 3791 yrds 26 td 28 int (Rooking record for Int)

          The only stats I would really be satisfied with is Manning, and I'll give you that starting Manning right away was a good idea, but he is IMO the best QB ever. Sitting a rookie behind a veteran is a good idea. Look at Rodger, Favre, Henne, Pennington, Brees, Rivers.
          Valid points dude. I just feel that Bulger has overstayed his visit...It really is just time for both sides to move on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

            Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
            I like throwing Bradford into the fire. If we are going to draft Bradford first overall, and don't have a decent QB on the team, throw him out there. Jets did it with Sanchez; Ravens with Flacco; Colts with Peyton...I like that approach.
            They have the players to protect their $60-$70 million investments. We don't.

            EDIT-the Panthers also have a decent replacement for Delhomme who has 4 years of experience. I'm pretty sure that helped them pull the trigger.
            Last edited by PeoriaRam; -03-04-2010, 09:42 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

              Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
              Valid points dude. I just feel that Bulger has overstayed his visit...It really is just time for both sides to move on.
              Really if we had better receivers and a better o-line(missing a good RT and a Guard right now) I might think it was a good idea. But we dont have the weapons. I dont feel comfortable throwing a Rook in there to take a beating, I fear him getting shell shock like bulger has. It wouldnt be his fault but it would effect him throughout his career.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                EDIT-the Panthers also have a decent replacement for Delhomme who has 4 years of experience. I'm pretty sure that helped them pull the trigger.
                And we have a winner.

                Do the Panthers cut Delhomme if they don't have Matt Moore on their roster? Unlikely.

                Do we have a "Matt Moore" on our roster right now? Absolutely not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                  Originally posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
                  Valid points dude. I just feel that Bulger has overstayed his visit...It really is just time for both sides to move on.
                  The same was said of Kurt Warner. Kurt wasnt impressive enough in New York to hold off Manning. Iknow people will say the Giants were paying Manning a ton of money. Well were the Cardinals not paying Leinart a lot of money too? Kurt then went on to revive his career with a team similar to the Rams g-sot team with very good wr's and he was thought to have been washed up too wasnt he? I'm not sold that Bulger will be a backup somewhere, a change of scenery might be just what he needs. No I'm not comparing Bulger to Warner but Bulger has shown with a good o-line and a little talent around him he can put up big numbers.
                  Aim high Willis, Aim High!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                    They're shopping him, which is *A-OK* with me.

                    He is done with the Rams man, and that is a given.

                    Last article I read, we don't have to pay him anything for months, so even if we can garnish a 7th round pick that would be worth it. He isn't part of the Rams anymore - merely under contract. When we have to start paying him is when we cut him (assuming we have not traded him by then).

                    His agent is asking us to make a decision yet there isn't any reason to do so unless there is absolutely NO market for him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                      Cut Bulger and get who? If we cut Bulger do you know who would be the best free agent QB available? Il tell you: Marc Bulger

                      The Panthers already have their answer for long term QB in Matt Moore, the Rams dont. Thats why the Panthers could cut Delhomme and why the Rams arent going to cut Bulger. In a lackluster free agency, Bulger is our best option right now.
                      @EssexRam_

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                        If we cut Bulger we show our hands on who we will draft with the nr 1 pick (because then we will have to take a QB), thereby destroying any smoke screens that could make Redskins or other teams wanna trade picks with us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Panthers do what we are so hesitant to do!

                          Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                          They have the players to protect their $60-$70 million investments. We don't.

                          EDIT-the Panthers also have a decent replacement for Delhomme who has 4 years of experience. I'm pretty sure that helped them pull the trigger.
                          And BINGO was his name-o.
                          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

                          Comment

                          Loading...
                          Working...
                          X