Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any opinions on who will be the first free agent the Rams will actually sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions on who will be the first free agent the Rams will actually sign?

The Rams haven't even be mentioned with one free agent all day.

We supposedly have AJ Feeley has as our new mentor for Schumar's WCO.

Other than that the Rams didn't even have a meeting or a rumbling of a free agent or trade.

Anyone have any ideas of something we are considering?

After 2 years of nothing, I would like something good to happen before the draft.

Re: Any opinions on who will be the first free agent the Rams will actually sign?

So signing Jason Brown, James Butler, Overhauling the coaching staff and bringing in a highly saught after guy in Spags was nothing to you?

Comment

Re: Any opinions on who will be the first free agent the Rams will actually sign?

Firstly, you know what I ment.

2ndly, all that got us 1 win so , yeah, it didn't do enough...

I watched 17 teams make a move today (top 6 couldn't).

The Rams with money and needs didn't even talk to anyone today which is very discouraging.

Comment

Who should have the rams gone for? We aren't exactly a desired location for FAs.

Comment

Originally posted by richtree View Post

After 2 years of nothing, I would like something good to happen before the draft.
          what does this mean exactly if adding J. Brown, James Butler and overhauling the entire front office isn't counted?

Add in the fact they took the roster from the 3rd oldest in the league to the 3rd youngest and fixed the salary cap situation.

What exactly is your definition or meaning of "nothing"?

Instead of complaining, inform us exactly what they should be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
            what does this mean exactly if adding J. Brown, James Butler and overhauling the entire front office isn't counted?

Add in the fact they took the roster from the 3rd oldest in the league to the 3rd youngest and fixed the salary cap situation.

What exactly is your definition or meaning of "nothing"?

Instead of complaining, inform us exactly what they should be doing.
            I believe Richtree means we should be throwing all our draft picks at 30 year old guys so that they can help us win an extra game or two for a few seasons then screw us over in the long term with bloated contracts and lack of draft picks...

this year is uncapped so there isn't NEARLY as many guys as there would have been and the ones that are out there are older guys who the Rams have made clear they aren't willing to give ridiculous contracts to. Which I deem smart. I stated this in another post but do you realize what the Bears, Hags, and the Ravens had to give up to acquire these guys? Lions had first dibs on bosch because Scwartz knew Bosch and is good friends with him and had him locked up since 1 in the morning after pitching a tent in his front yard..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
              Rams sign Free Saftey
              by RamWraith
              From another board:
              Rams sign Louis Ayeni, a UDFA in 2004, Colts camp in 2004

Info on him;
              ---------------------------
              Feature story from The Den, September 13 vs. Miami (Ohio)

Sept. 13, 2003

EVANSTON, Ill. - Former Michigan State head football coach Duffy Daugherty once said, "Football is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport." Much like the phrase 'where there is smoke, there is fire' one could make a parallel claim that 'where there is football, there is injury'. If there is one person on the Northwestern roster who knows that, it is Louis Ayeni.

After a stellar high school career at Woodbury High School in Woodbury Minnesota-- one in which Ayeni was named first team all-state at running back by every publication in the state, MVP of the state championship game and a bevy of other accolades-- Ayeni surprised most recruiting analysts by choosing to play at Northwestern. The reason he headed to Evanston: a chance to play running back, and play early.

He was able to do just that. As a true freshman, he rushed for 168 yards the backup to all-Big Ten and current Arizona Cardinal running back Damien Anderson, but started on the special teams and racked up a team-high 295 yards on kickoff returns.

For the most part, Ayeni's goal of being the feature back in the NU offense seemed on track. He was on the field as a freshman, showing off what made him one of the top high school backs in the nation. Most importantly, he was on the field, a place he would not see much of in the next few years.

Heading into spring practice in 2000, Ayeni was still second on the depth chart behind Anderson, but was closing the gap between the two backs with his ability to make defenders miss. However, he was slowed by what he considered merely a 'nagging pain' in his hip. The nagging pain turned out to be a stress fracture in his hip. Ayeni was forced to sit out the first six games of the 2000 season. Unfortunately, though, that was only the first chapter of Ayeni's injury-ridden book.

Despite the six-game absence, head coach Randy Walker could ill-afford to keep such a gifted player off the field much longer and Ayeni found himself standing underneath the opening kickoff in the Alamo Bowl against Nebraska. However, Ayeni did not find himself standing anywhere for very much longer. After being tackled on the 25 yard line by a Nebraska defender, Ayeni attempted to hop up from the Alamo Dome turf like he had done after any other tackle, but something was terribly wrong.

"Being a running back, your first instinct is to get up immediately, but I had a hard time getting up. Honestly, I don't know how I got off the field."

It would the last time Ayeni was on the field for close to 20 months. When it was all said and done, the play had left him...
              -05-27-2005, 03:00 PM
            • eldfan
              Frustrated by free agency so far? Patience
              by eldfan
              by VanRam on Mar 5, 2010

Anyone thinking the St. Louis Rams would move as fast this year in free agency as they did last year is bound to be a little disappointed. I can only counsel patience.

Last year, the stars aligned a little better for the Rams in free agency. They had some prime targets that directly addressed important needs for the team. C Jason Brown was on the radar immediately, with the team setting up a meeting within 48 hours of the start of free agency. They worked out a deal with CB Ron Bartell, who was an unrestricted free agent, within a week. There was talk about signing SS James Butler in the early days of free agency too, but the team didn't reach a deal with him until two weeks into free agency.

This time around it's not so easy. None of the big names in FA to sign thus far, less than 24 hours in, would have been good fits for the Rams. Nate Burleson, not exactly the WR we're in need of. Did you see how much the Bears gave Julius Peppers? That wasn't realistic for the Rams.

Here's a pretty telling point from Mike Sando today: of the 43 unrestricted free agents with a Pro Bowl appearance, only one is younger than 29-years-old.

The hardest pill to swallow is the report that the Seahawks are bringing in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall for a visit. Marshall, a RFA, would cost a first round pick, if signed away from the Broncos. Seattle has two of those.

All is not lost. If you're starting to despair that A.J. Feeley might be the only roster move the Rams make, be patient. It's telling that the Rams had scheduled a visit with RB Darren Sproles during the brief window when it looked like he would be a free agent.

As for trades, I expect the Rams to at least explore some options via that route, but those take time to hammer out deals.
              -03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
            • AvengerRam_old
              Frustrated by Free Agency? Do the math.
              by AvengerRam_old
              I understand that people get annoyed when another team makes a deal that they think the Rams should have made, but consider this...

How many "big name" free agents are there this year? Ten... maybe?

How many teams are there in the league?

There is no guarantee that the Rams will sign any of the big name players.

It is entirely unlikely that the Rams will sign multiple big name players.

So... while we can all hope, you may want to manage your expectations to avoid disappointment.
              -03-05-2010, 06:29 AM
            • viper
              Rams Free Agent Tracker
              by viper
              It's been awfully quiet by the Rams and on the Clanram board about the Ram's FA movement so far. Is that a good sign or a bad sign?
              -03-11-2014, 09:10 PM
            • RamWraith
              any free agent needs??
              by RamWraith
              June 1st is around th corner and there looks to be like a few vets will be cut. Do we have any more glaring needs?? Will the team go after any new and cheaper blood this go around of free agents?
              -05-29-2004, 05:13 AM
            Working...
            X