This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb For A 2nd? (RUMOR DEBUNKED!)

Coach Andy Reid admitted that teams are "entertaining" the Eagles with offers for their three quarterbacks.
    According to beat writer Ashley Fox, it's "growing ever unlikely" that the Eagles will have all their quarterbacks after the draft. Fox adds that the Eagles have lowered their asking price for Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb from a first-round pick to a "fair" price, such as a second-rounder or a combination of high picks. We highly doubt Kolb is going anywhere, but this report at least confirms that the Eagles could be willing to move on from McNabb.
    per rotoworld.

Re: McNabb For A 2nd?

No.

The Rams need to build for the future. McNabb may have a few years left in the tank, but he's getting up there in years and has had his share of injuries.

Comment

I agree for the most part...

Still, with the addition of Suh and McNabb and the state of the West this year the Rams are a playoff team...

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
        No.

The Rams need to build for the future. McNabb may have a few years left in the tank, but he's getting up there in years and has had his share of injuries.

There is a rumor going around that McNabb has already been traded to Rams with details to follow. Some players are saying today in PHilly.

Not sure if I would like this or not, but something is definately buzzing.

Comment

Would McNabb and Jackson give the Rams a good chance to win the division. I think the Rams should seriously consider McNabb for a 2nd round pick. He knows the system and the Rams can select a QB in the latter rounds or next years draft for the future.

Go Rams

Comment

Talking about it now on ESPN radio...

Comment

ESPN didn't say much except McNabb is now expected to be traded .

Comment

A division crown this year is not worth consecutive 4-6 win seasons in 2011 and 2012. Pass.

Comment

I also have to question the logic behind comments like "his value is a second round pick."

The Rams have the 33rd pick.

The Saints have the 64th pick.

Both are second round picks.

Which is McNabb worth?

If the Eagles were willing to give us McNabb for the 65th pick, I might be interested.

For the 33rd? No thanks.

Comment

Of course the Eagles would love this trade because #33 is practically a 1st round pick.
                    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

i think it would be intriguing at the least, yes the guy is older but he has a good 3-5 years left in the tank, giving us plenty of time to find his replacement. we would also probably have the strongest running game he's ever played next to, and if our receivers stay healthy some guys that actullay have size and run routes. as stated by someone else, it would also open up the door to take suh, which i think is what many of us want.

Comment

McNabb's a free agent next year. He would be a one season rental if we traded for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                          A division crown this year is not worth consecutive 4-6 win seasons in 2011 and 2012. Pass.
                          Peoria can you please show your work?

I did the math and for some reason when I add McNabb plus Suh minus a 2nd round pick and Bradford I do not come up with 4-6 seasons for 2011 and 2012.

You must have a crystal ball or somekind of magical formula please share cause this logic seems to base on alot of assuming.....

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                            McNabb's a free agent next year. He would be a one season rental if we traded for him.
                            Or a trade and sign deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominating D View Post
                              Peoria can you please show your work?

I did the math and for some reason when I add McNabb plus Suh minus a 2nd round pick and Bradford I do not come up with 4-6 seasons for 2011 and 2012.

You must have a crystal ball or somekind of magical formula please share cause this logic seems to base on alot of assuming.....
                              McNabb would not be a Ram past 2010 (he wants to sign with a Championship contender), and the Rams have just dumped at least one critical rebuilding pick. What do we do for weapons past 2010? What will we have for our rookie QB in 2011? This would set the rebuilding program back significantly.

Comment