An Alternative Philly Trade Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Alternative Philly Trade Proposal

Silly Eagles, you tried to sell us the wrong QB. What was lost in the McNabb hubbub is that Philly said all of their QBs were available and on the trading block. Now, whilst many were unhappy with a possible McNabb trade, how would this sound?

Eagles get: Rams 2nd Rounder (#33)
    O.J. Atogwe
    Rams get: Kevin Kolb.

Kolb is much younger, talented, has been trained and groomed in the Philly offense for his career, and would presumably have diminished contract expectations at this point. Atogwe is tossed in on the assumption that if we are having extensive trouble getting him to sign a contract, we might as well get something for him.

Re: An Alternative Philly Trade Proposal

I prefer Bradford. Besides, Kolb is the future of the Eagles.

Comment

Im a Bradford guy ,but Suh then would be our 1rst pick.

Comment

I wouldn't like that because I don't want to see Atogwe go but Kolb would be a better grab than McNabb. Kolb seems to be the Eagles QB of the future, though.

I would like more realistically if the Rams and Eagles swapped picks in the second round (#33 and #55) for McNabb

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
          I prefer Bradford. Besides, Kolb is the future of the Eagles.
          He's still on the Block according to the Eagles, though.

Say what you will about Bradford, but Kolb can step in and lead this team from Day 1 for the better part of a decade without any learning curve. All I here is that we're sick of losing. This speeds up the process of stopping the losses. It's like trading for Aaron Rodgers just prior to 2009 or Drew Brees right before he got good.

Comment

Drew brees was a starter for the Chargers and was good, it was the shoulder that messed him up, it would be like trading for philip rivers

Comment

Drafting Bradford is going to be a HUGE mistake!!! If we don't get Suh I'm sorry we aren't going anywhere any time soon. I will not buy the NFL ticket in 2010, I would be wasting my money.
              LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

I like the idea of getting Kolb, though it puts one hole on the ship, it fixes two i.e. getting both Suh and Kolb but then again, I'd like us to get the 33rd pick so it's really hard to decide. 8|

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Giving up atogwe in this deal(if we even sign him back) would be an awfully high price for kolb or mcnabb and i would hope we're smart enough not to do either. I really would like to have either of those guys(or any of the three philly qbs). I would give a 2nd for mcnabb, i'd rather give up a 3rd for kolb,but you could justify our 2nd rounder. For vick i'd hope we would only give up like a 5th maybe a 4th. I like the idea of getting one of these qb's better than drafting bradford.

I wana be like the ravens with a defense year in and year out. We have some pieces with atogwe(of were not dumb enough to give him away), Laurenitaus, long,bartell,and then add suh and we have a young core that can grow together. That would be really exciting.
                  And i feel like with bradford we're just taking a shot in the dark. If he doesn't work out, we have to pay him and that will set us back years(hmm didn;t we just do this with bulger?lets try somethin else.). Obviously i feel like suh is a can't miss. And if we got mcnabb(whos much better at finding his way around an nfl pocket than bulger or bradford), we might be able to sustain some drives do some damage and win this frickin division. (Sorry for being so optomistic)

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
                    Silly Eagles, you tried to sell us the wrong QB. What was lost in the McNabb hubbub is that Philly said all of their QBs were available and on the trading block. Now, whilst many were unhappy with a possible McNabb trade, how would this sound?

Eagles get: Rams 2nd Rounder (#33)
                    O.J. Atogwe
                    Rams get: Kevin Kolb.

Kolb is much younger, talented, has been trained and groomed in the Philly offense for his career, and would presumably have diminished contract expectations at this point. Atogwe is tossed in on the assumption that if we are having extensive trouble getting him to sign a contract, we might as well get something for him.
                    Andy and the org. seems to be sweet on Kolb and do not want to move him, but I'd still rather have him or Don over Bradford.

Comment

although the Eagles say all 3 QB's are on the block,I really don't think they want to part with Kolb,if they did I would jump at that deal, but that wouldn't make much sense for them,they can keep McNabb and Vick is not worthy of giving up that much, so it's Kolb and if not looks like Bradford will be the guy on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
                        Andy and the org. seems to be sweet on Kolb and do not want to move him, but I'd still rather have him or Don over Bradford.
                        Actually, if Reid is bosom buddies with any of his QBs, its McNabb.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jbell15
                          New rams trade idea!
                          by jbell15
                          What do you think of trading holt and the two pick to the eagles for lito shepherd, the eagles two first rounders and the eagles fourth rounder?
                          this works out very well for both teams, in my opinion.
                          that gives us a chance to draft cushing and britton in the first, and get a WR like kenny britt in the second.
                          That could be followed up by a good strong safety in round three, a center and a guard in the fourth, a qb in the fifth, and a RB and FB in the sixth and seventh respectively.
                          any thoughts?
                          -01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
                        • r8rh8rmike
                          What's Next For McNabb In Philly?
                          by r8rh8rmike
                          Originally Published: February 11, 2010
                          What's next for McNabb in Philly?
                          By Sal Paolantonio
                          ESPN.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Will the Eagles trade Donovan McNabb? With apologies to the Brett Favre retirement watch, this is the most compelling story of the 2010 NFL offseason.

Eagles coach Andy Reid has said all the right things -- almost. So has McNabb. And that's the problem. This time of year, it's not what they say that counts but what's going on behind the scenes and how you read between the lines.

Philadelphia is the only team in the NFL with all three quarterbacks on its roster going into the final year of their contracts. Teams are calling, wondering who's available, who's not and what the Eagles would want in any potential trade.

The Eagles' front office is listening. But here's the kicker: The Eagles, according to multiple league sources, have so far told teams that both McNabb and his primary backup, Kevin Kolb, are not available.

Now, does that mean the Eagles won't trade McNabb? Definitely not. Most league insiders believe the Eagles are just posturing right now, trying to determine the market and how to proceed. If the team says publicly or privately McNabb is on the trading block, its bargaining position would tank.

Among the teams that have talked to the Eagles, according to multiple sources, are the Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills. The latter two teams are believed to be interested in Michael Vick, who told Reid in his exit interview in January that he wants to be traded to a team that will give him an opportunity to start. Reid promised him nothing, team sources say.

Teams have showed varying degrees of interest in all three quarterbacks, but McNabb is the key. He has said he will be back and wants to be back. But is that necessarily the case? He often makes snide remarks about being underappreciated by both the fans and the media in town. That's nothing new. Former Eagles QB Ron Jaworski faced the same thing. Many big-media-market quarterbacks who don't take the team to the promised land of Lombardi face that kind of relentless scrutiny and rancid doubt.

Publicly, Reid left the door open on a McNabb trade -- if only ever so slightly. Reid at first said that McNabb, 33, would be back in an Eagles uniform in 2010 and reiterated that it's his call to make -- despite the recent shake-up of the team's front office. (General manager Tom Heckert was allowed to leave to take the same job in Cleveland, while Howie Roseman was promoted to take his place.)

But on Jan. 11, when making his final comments about the 2009 season to the local media, here's what Reid said that could be interpreted as he left himself an out:

"I was asked if Donovan would be my quarterback next year, and I said yes," Reid said. "That's what I'm...
                          -02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
                        • THOLTFAN81
                          McNabb
                          by THOLTFAN81
                          People on the st louis post dispatch boards are talking about a rumor from 101.1 espn about the rams having "serious discussions" with the eagles about McNabb at the combine..

They are saying they would love it, i would hate it. McNabb is going to be 34 by November next year, and only has a one year contract. Even if he is forced to come here...he would never re-sign with the Rams and end his career where he most likely cant win a super bowl.

I feel like we would be giving up a pick, probably a second rounder for a one year rental. Not smart at all.
                          -03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
                        • rob6465
                          Eagles are crazy !!!
                          by rob6465
                          Report: Seahawks after Kolb, not McNabb
                          Kevin Kolb - QB - Philadelphia Eagles
                          More team news

Today - 11:15 AM ET

Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia reports the Seahawks are interested only in Kevin Kolb, not Donovan McNabb.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio had reported the Seahawks were calling "non-stop" on the Philly quarterbacks, though it appears they're only interested in the younger of the two. The Eagles, who still see Kolb as their future, would reportedly require two first-round picks in exchange for him. Seattle does have an extra first-round pick this season, but it's hard to picture them parting with both picks. The Eagles' asking price for McNabb is said to be a first-round pick "plus something else."

Source: CSNPhilly.com
                          -03-11-2010, 09:07 AM
                        • r8rh8rmike
                          Reid Is About The Only One Who Wants To Keep McNabb
                          by r8rh8rmike
                          Report: Reid is about the only one who wants to keep McNabb
                          By MJD

According to a report this morning at myfoxphilly.com, there's a bit of friction within the Eagles organization about whether they should trade or keep Donovan McNabb.

It seems they're getting a lot of offers for the veteran quarterback. Head coach Andy Reid wants to keep him. "The Eagles' brass" wants to move him. In their words:

There are many interested teams out there, but right now the Eagles are not accepting any offers yet.

Sources tell Fox 29's sports department that the Rams are not one of those teams, contrary to some reports.

But we're also being told that trading McNabb is not going to be easy because internally the Eagles' brass wants to move him but Andy Reid does not.

My first thought is to give some free advice to the brass, whoever that might be: Listen to Andy Reid. He's the one on the field, seeing what works and what doesn't. He's the one who sees the quarterbacks working every day. He knows what's going to win you games, if indeed that is your objective.

If you're looking to save money, get younger and rebuild, fine. But if you want to win football games, listen to your football guy.

If true, it makes for an interesting little situation, not only in terms of what happens this offseason, but all the way through 2010. If there is significant friction, and Reid stands firm with McNabb, you've got to think that the "brass" might tie Reid and McNabb's fortunes together, based on their performance next season.
                          -03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
                        Working...
                        X