Sam Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford

I think the best thing we could do this draft is to get Sam Bradford. I have been watching him all through his college career. He can throw all over the feild wether it is a deep pass or a short pass and be very accurate. Also he is a very big leader on and off the feild.

Re: Sam Bradford

The Question on Bradford is his health. However i think due to his newly gained muscle, it will help his injury problem, and allow him to take a hit. I agree I think Bradford will be a very good QB in this league, and i hope we can sign him up!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
      The Question on Bradford is his health. However i think due to his newly gained muscle, it will help his injury problem, and allow him to take a hit. I agree I think Bradford will be a very good QB in this league, and i hope we can sign him up!

The questions are:

- Can he take a hit (because, if he plays for the Rams, he will...often)?
      - Can he remain healthy?
      - Can he handle A LOT of pressure (he had great protection in college)?

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, given the questions about ALL of the QBs in this draft, I think it is definately "reaching" to take any of them as #1 in the draft.

If we take Bradford, there's a very good chance he won't be able to make an impact for us for another year or so (if at all). He won't get much help from our receiving corp or our OL or TEs. I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think so. I'd rather take Suh, and a QB at 33. Gve me an instant impact player with the #1 pick, not just another project.
      That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Comment

Even if Suh is the greatest DT to ever play the game, is he going to score touch downs for us because THATS what we need most. Even if you dont like Bradford, you have to recognize that the QB position is far more important than a DT. If you look at tape from last year our inability to stop the run or lack of pass rush CONTRIBUTED to our losses, but the MAIN reason we lost so much is because we cant SCORE. A QB will help far more in that department than a DT.

I hope we draft Bradford and get his NFL career started right here in St.Louis.

GO RAMS!!!

Comment

How many TDs do QBs score by their lonesome?

Just some minor rhetorical food for thought.

Comment

I think you will agree that a QB is more involved in scoring TDs than a DT which was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by dave626 View Post
              I think you will agree that a QB is more involved in scoring TDs than a DT which was the point.
              Yes. But it still takes more than a QB to score TDs. If we burn $80 million on Bradford, we are forced to burn our 2nd and 3rd rounders on offensive skill players because our current offensive supporting cast is that subpar, leaving us to take only a smattering of low talent defenders on Day 3 to fix a unit that is qualitatively in the bottom 3rd of the league at the moment.

This organization is not in a position to draft a 1st Round quarterback and hope to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post

The questions are:
                - Can he take a hit (because, if he plays for the Rams, he will...often)?

"The Truth" :roll:
                LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
                  "The Truth" :roll:
                  You can't Handle the TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Comment

We should of got one of the free agent WR's so if we do get a QB he has atleast one guy to go to. Or trade there second round draft pick and a player or to for a good WR, like Brandon Marshell

Comment

How come our receivers don't get any credit....We don't have to spend big money on a WR, I think our current receiving corp is just fine and all have room to grow and get better. With a year in the same system under their belt for the first times in their career, it should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

McNabb would be the better route to go. He's a proven QB with at least 5 good years left in him, then the Rams can pick Suh with the #1. The Rams were horrible on offense last year (outside of Steven Jackson), however, they were equally as terrible on the defensive side of the ball. Bradford concerns me as far as his health issues, he's basically an option quarterback. How will that tranlate in the NFL? Even Vick would probably make more sense that Bradford.
                        Bradfords pro day will tell alot, I'll cross my fingers if the Rams go the Bradford route, in the hopes that he'll will indeed be the right QB and player to turn the Rams fortunes around.
                        sigpic

Comment

Im also all for Sam Bradford! Go Rams and draft him!

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                            How come our receivers don't get any credit....We don't have to spend big money on a WR, I think our current receiving corp is just fine and all have room to grow and get better. With a year in the same system under their belt for the first times in their career, it should be interesting to see what happens.
                            Maybe it's Avery's catastrophic "dropsies" plague. Maybe it's Robinson's fragility. Maybe its the fact that Steven Jackson is probably our best receiver. Maybe its the fact that we seem to be afraid to throw a pass longer than 10 yards. Maybe its the low-round bargain-basement talent level of every receiver not named Avery.

Maybe its because we don't have a coherent offensive system. Maybe we should wait on training a QB until it dawns on us that Pat Shurmur's vaunted offensive system is the equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Comment

Maybe its that you don't have a clue what you're even talking about nor any insight to what Shurmur's offensive scheme is. Nor do know the talent level of our current crop of receivers. How about you give Gibson some credit. Came in midseason and was an impact player against arguably the best team in the NFC at the time in the Saints. Seeing as just about every Ram's player went down last year Im not ready to credit Robinson as fragile just yet.

Give guys a year in a system and with the team before throwing out judgements. After this year if Robinson goes down, Shurmur hands the ball off to Jackson every second play, and there is no marked improvement ill let you go to town with your negativity like im sure youll probably do regardless...

Comment