Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way trade for Suh fans

Rams Get
    #2 overall (Suh), #37 overall (from WAS)

Lions Get
    #4 overall (Okung), #99 & #170 (Rams 4th+6th), WAS*2011 2nd Round Pick

Redskins Get
    #1 overall (Bradford)

Rams get best player in the draft, pay less and add an high second round pick.

Lions are rumored to be looking to trade down to save money and are likely concidering picking an OT to protect Stafford even at #2. Their reward for moving down comes mostly next year with what should be an early second round pick. Don't forget that the #2 pick has little trade value if the rams select Bradford at #1.

WAS, who has historically been willing to spend the money for what they want, get their franchise QB without paying too steeply for trading up.

Re: 3-way trade for Suh fans

Why should the rams give up a 4th round pick when we are trading down? I don't care much about the 6th but the first pick in the 4th round in a deep draft I do not like.

Comment

God Damnit you are a genious. I'd bash my head through the wall if we were to pull this off.

Looks realistic, and all the teams get what they want. I LOVE YOU.

Comment

If this is a deep draft then you would expect to get a strong first round talent at #37 for a fourh, a sixth and moving down one spot. The lions however are gettin a second next year which should be a shallower draft due to so many juniors declaring for this years draft. They're also moving down two spots and waiting a year for most of the pay-off. Those 2 picks are just to make the trade realistic for all three teams.

Comment

Bash your head through the wall in a good way or a bad way?

Comment

Wait let me get this straight we give up a 4th and a 6th just to move down to pick up Suh when we could stay at 1 and pick suh without giving anything up

Also there is no way the redskins give up there 2nd there under new management and they need all the picks they can to build mike shanahans team.
            Last edited by BarronWade; -03-27-2010, 02:52 PM. Reason: misread the thread a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
              Wait let me get this straight we give up a 4th and a 6th just to move down to pick up Suh when we could stay at 1 and pick suh without giving anything up

Also there is no way the redskins give up there 2nd there under new management and they need all the picks they can to build mike shanahans team.
              No the Rams would get the Skins second as well, thats the kicker.
              Obviously the Rams wouldn't do this trade without the skins giving up something.

If the Skins don't want to trade their second then we stay at one and take Bradford.

I kinda like it. Of course the the Skins have to believe we are drafting Bradford and they have to want him, also the Lions have to not want Suh or McCoy... rather Okung to protect Stafford.

This is one of those deals that makes too much sense to work
              I think the only way this could go down is if we draft Bradford, then do the trade.

Comment

History shows when a new coach comes to a team he drafts a new QB. And no, we give up a 1st, 4th & 6th and in return get a 1st & a 2nd.

Comment

I'd bash my head through the wall in a fantastic way!

Comment

I love the idea of getting more picks, but I dont think it would happen.

The only way the rams trade to the skins is if they don't want bradford, with the lions and bucs not taking a QB, what incentive is there for the skins to move up in the draft?
                    Furthermore, what negotiating power does Devaney have in convincing the skins that the rams really want bradford...but would be willing to trade him for your first and a second rounder?

Comment

Well you simply draft him (like you would otherwise) then offer the trade with the lions on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Draftniksince1985 View Post
                        History shows when a new coach comes to a team he drafts a new QB. And no, we give up a 1st, 4th & 6th and in return get a 1st & a 2nd.
                        So that is where the Rams went wrong.....

Comment

Well you simply draft him (like you would otherwise) then offer the trade with the lions on the clock.
                          What I'm saying is if the rams are sold on Bradford then they should and will take him...and if the skins want him then let them try and blow you away to try and get him (eli manning for philip rivers a future 1st, 3rd and 5th).

If the rams aren't sold on bradford then I just find it hard to believe management would risk playing games on a decision that is going to affect the franchise for the next decade.

Comment

Nope, i can not tell you how much i dislike this idea. We would become the worst franchise to get drafted by. You can't draft a kid, have him walk up on stage put the jersey on of the team he now wants to play with for a long long time, then turn around and trade him. What would that say about this team? I know i wouldn't be pleased with that as a fan, and I'm sure no one in the Rams Org. would do that. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Comment

This is the best trade option I've seen on this site. If this happens It would be awesome.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sntlouisrams
                                Alternate trade option
                                by sntlouisrams
                                Say for arguments sake the rams like G.McCoy ahead of Suh there isnt apparantly alot between them as both are nfl ready dt's (for the record i think suh is better and yes I have seen his stats and understand that argumeny)

The rams convince Tampa that they want suh and get trade down with tampa to 3rd and pick up a 2nd and 4th round for arguments sake.

The rams also convince washington that we want bradford, (as we sit ahead of washington they have to trade up to 2nd to get him) meaning they trade with detroit to get in and steal him from us as it were.

However we sit pretty at 3rd having traded down and land G.McCoy and have an extra draft picks in the later rounds. I READ this elsewhere and paraphrasing it, to see what people would think. Also this move works if we want clausen as well.
                                -02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
                              • sosa39rams
                                The best of both worlds? Suh+Bradford?
                                by sosa39rams
                                I wish the rams came up with a crazy trade proposal. Possibly something like Adam Carriker, our 2nd round pick, and Leonard little for the lions first round pick. Maybe Randy McMichael. Or any type of trade that would get us that pick.

This way we would get both Sam Bradford, and Ndamukong Suh. I know that this is verrrryyyyyy unlikely, but we can pray.. right?
                                -02-27-2010, 07:35 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                If the Rams trade the first pick, it will go down like this...
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I don't know if the Rams will trade the first pick. While they may wish to, there's no guarantee that any team will offer fair trade value.

That said, if it does happens, there are two things I am confident about:

1. It won't happen before draft day; and

2. We'll know its coming before draft day.

Here's what I'm thinking. If the Rams want Ndamukong Suh, they will almost certainly sign him before draft day. That is one very big advantage of having the first pick, after all, as you can sign your choice in advance and eliminate any concern over a holdout.

If draft day arrives and the Rams have not signed anyone, then I think that will be a clear sign that a trade is on the table. The way I see it, the Rams are most likely to entertain a trade if they wish to select Sam Bradford as their first pick. That stated, I don't think the Rams can make the trade in advance for that purpose. Here's why:

Detroit, who holds the No. 2 pick, is an unlikely trade partner. In all likelihood, they will simply take Gerald McCoy, rather than giving up draft picks to get Suh.

Tampa, who holds the No. 3 pick, is a likely trade partner. They, in all likelihood, covet a player like Suh (who could become their next Warren Sapp, without the pot cloud over his head), and have an extra second round pick to offer as part of a trade.

The Rams, however, can't afford to make a pre-draft trade with the Bucs. The reason: Washington. There are reports that Washington is very interested in Bradford, and I have little doubt that Dan Snyder would trade up to No. 2 if he thinks the Rams are planning to take Bradford at No. 3.

So, if draft day arrives and the Rams have not made a trade or signed a player, it is likely that the reason would be that Rams have worked out a trade with Tampa that is contingent on Bradford still being on the board at No. 3 (i.e. the Redskins don't trade up in anticipation of a St. Louis/Tampa deal). If he's not, the Rams keep either keep Suh (but, of course, lose the opportunity to sign him in advance), or complete the trade and select someone else at No. 3 (G.McCoy, J.Clausen, D.Bryant, C.J.Spiller, E.Berry are all possibilities under that scenario).

Of course, there is another possibility. Washington could work out a trade with Detriot before the draft, and thereby force the Rams to either select Bradford at No. 1 or let him go to the Skins. Such a move, however, would be risky for the Redskins, because, assuming the Rams "fall in love" with Bradford in the next two months, they might just take him at No. 1.

In the end, there could be some drama on draft night....
                                -02-09-2010, 08:16 AM
                              • max
                                The Stud v. the Trade Down
                                by max
                                What I have been hearing a lot, including Jim Thomas on Bernie's radio show, is the Rams will either take Suh, or trade down if someone offers them a great deal.

The question I have is how often does the trade down work. It didn't work so well for Bill Parcells when he trade away the pick to the Rams for Pace. But it did work well for the Chargers when they trade Eli Manning the #1, for Philip Rivers and several other picks including Merriman.

I think it's usually better to keep the pick if it's a super stud like Pace, or Earl Campbell, or John Elway.

So do we think Suh is that super stud guy? If so we should not be taking offers. I mean, they would have to be ridiculous. I would want at least 3 additional #1's. And that ain't happening.
                                -12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
                              • tomahawk247
                                I think the Rams will draft Suh at no. 1, but wont necessarily keep him...
                                by tomahawk247
                                If the Rams truly do covet a QB, such as Sam Bradford, they may consider a trade down with a team like Tampa Bay to pick up extra picks and still get their guy in the process.

However, its known that teams like Washington (at #4) and Seattle (at #6) could also be in the market for a QB.
                                If one of these teams wants a particular QB, they may wish to move up the draft to grab him.

So if the Rams do trade down with Tampa before the first pick is made, a team like Washington could easily switch with Detroit and steal the QB the Rams are after. That would leave the Rams in quandary as they would presumably then take someone like Gerald McCoy. Who while still a good DT, wasnt one of the guys they wanted.

To prevent this, i believe that if the Rams do want to trade down for a QB, they will do a rights switch after the players have been drafted. The Rams will take Suh at No.1. If Tampa is then in a postion to draft Bradford, they will take him. Only then will the trade take place.

If the Rams cant work out a trade, they simply stay at #1 and take Suh. Either way, they either get the guy thats supposed to be the best player in the draft, or the QB that the team wants. But they wont leave themself open to missing the guy they are after.
                                -02-24-2010, 02:49 AM
                              Working...
                              X