Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jason campbell and Suh?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jason campbell and Suh?

    What about inquiring about Jason Campbell and using #1 on Suh?

  • #2
    Re: jason campbell and Suh?

    I like it but what would we have to give up for Campbell?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: jason campbell and Suh?

      Originally posted by thickandthin View Post
      I like it but what would we have to give up for Campbell?
      This isn't a bad idea.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: jason campbell and Suh?

        Originally posted by thickandthin View Post
        I like it but what would we have to give up for Campbell?
        Probably not alot. I love that he is 6'5"/28 yrs old. and had TDS20
        INT15
        YDS3,618
        RTG86.4

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: jason campbell and Suh?

          Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
          This isn't a bad idea.
          I agree it's not a bad idea. But what would we have to give up for him?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: jason campbell and Suh?

            Last 2 years he has had more than 3,000 yards and more TD's than INT. He played for a bad redskins team and still put up very good numbers. He was 1st rd pick in 2005. Now that I think about it, we might need to give up a decent draft pick. What do you all think ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: jason campbell and Suh?

              I'm guessing his value isn't dissimilar to McNabb's. I think it would be a 2nd then some other conditional draft picks based on performance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                Originally posted by TheBritishRam View Post
                I'm guessing his value isn't dissimilar to McNabb's. I think it would be a 2nd then some other conditional draft picks based on performance.
                I dont think we'd have to give a 2nd. Probably a 3rd and Alex Barron, or Adam Carricker.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                  Campbell strength does not match up with the West Coast System. That is why the Redskins made a deal for McNabb and the Rams will not trade for Campbell.

                  If the Rams wanted a QB via trade McNabb would have been the obvious choice.

                  Campbell to Oakland would not surprise me.

                  Go Rams
                  Last edited by Dominating D; -04-05-2010, 07:52 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                    I wouldn't give up anything more than a 5th for him... the Redskins have no leverage and we'd need to bring in a lot of offensive weapons for him to be successful. I'd love the move if we got Campbell for our 5.24 and Alex Barron, then traded 2.01 and Adam Carricker to the Bronco's for Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. I think Marshall, Robinson, Avery, Scheffler and S-Jax could make Campbell a pretty good QB.

                    Then we'd focus completely on defense this draft and next and make a pretty good team in 2 years, finding a RT and back-up RB along the way.
                    Last edited by rams_man13; -04-05-2010, 07:53 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                      Dominating D is right on.....No DEAL. Campbell is not our future, but it was a good thought. Grab Bradford. He is a beast.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                        But Cambell is not a franchise QB. And is not as accurate. Spags needs to get his guy the guy who he thinks he can be with for many years. We need a face to our franchise and If spags thinks thats bradford we wont be in any talks.

                        Also when has Cambell shown he can be better than an average QB?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                          Originally posted by BarronWade View Post
                          But Cambell is not a franchise QB. And is not as accurate. Spags needs to get his guy the guy who he thinks he can be with for many years. We need a face to our franchise and If spags thinks thats bradford we wont be in any talks.

                          Also when has Cambell shown he can be better than an average QB?
                          He's improved year after year and doesn't have a ton of talent around him.

                          I think he could operate a top 5 offense if he had a lot of talent surrounding him, but I don't think he could operate a top 5 offense pretty much on his own (like Brees, Manning, Brady and McNabb in his prime).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                            Originally posted by rams_man13 View Post
                            I wouldn't give up anything more than a 5th for him... the Redskins have no leverage and we'd need to bring in a lot of offensive weapons for him to be successful. I'd love the move if we got Campbell for our 5.24 and Alex Barron, then traded 2.01 and Adam Carricker to the Bronco's for Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. I think Marshall, Robinson, Avery, Scheffler and S-Jax could make Campbell a pretty good QB.

                            Then we'd focus completely on defense this draft and next and make a pretty good team in 2 years, finding a RT and back-up RB along the way.
                            If you could pull off this trade eventhough I am not a fan of Marshall but you can not argue his production on the field.

                            So the Rams lose
                            Carricker
                            Barron
                            5th round
                            2nd round

                            The Rams will acquire
                            Sheffler
                            Marshall
                            Campbell

                            Not sure why the Rams would have to give up Barron and a 5th round? I think Barron alone should seal the deal.

                            I would not be too upset if the Rams pulled off this block buster. However, if they get Campbell they need to do away with the West Coast Offense.

                            Go Rams

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: jason campbell and Suh?

                              I don't think the Redskins are in a position to hold out for too much in a trade for Campbell at this point, so I wouldn't offer anything more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

                              I like how Campbell has developed over the years, and I think he could be a solid starter for several more. I don't think he has the upside of a guy like Bradford, but if the Rams could work out a deal that would allow them to add Suh, the BPA at pick 33, and Campbell, I'd be intrigued.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X