Kiper has Clausen rated ahead of Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiper has Clausen rated ahead of Bradford

On ESPN today Kiper said that Clausen is more "pro" ready and that the RAMS should select him with the 1st pick in the draft.:eek:
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: Kiper has Clausen rated ahead of Bradford

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
    On ESPN today Kiper said that Clausen is more "pro" ready and that the RAMS should select him with the 1st pick in the draft.:eek:
    I wonder how much of that is due to Kiper's "rivalry" with Todd McShay (who has been a pretty vocal Clausen detractor for a while).

FWIW, Scouts, Inc., has Bradford rated the #3 overall prospect in the draft (behind G.McCoy and Suh), while Clausen does not make their top 32.

Comment

I think Kiper may be going for the short term success factor.

Chances are, in my opinion, that Clausen will make a quicker impact for a team. Kiper can then say he was the only one that picked him over Bradford. It's a nice little feather in his cap.

Long term, however, I think Bradford will be a better quarterback but by then people will have moved on to the next draft and the next.

The only way Kiper loses is if Clausen turns out to be another Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch.

Comment

Does Kiper still have Bradford going to washington? ha
        All bets are Goff

Comment

He's right.

By the way, Scott Wright (whose opinion is normally respected on here) rates Clausen above Bradford, too.
          Last edited by ; -04-06-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambunctious View Post
            I think Kiper may be going for the short term success factor.

Chances are, in my opinion, that Clausen will make a quicker impact for a team. Kiper can then say he was the only one that picked him over Bradford. It's a nice little feather in his cap.

Long term, however, I think Bradford will be a better quarterback but by then people will have moved on to the next draft and the next.

The only way Kiper loses is if Clausen turns out to be another Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch.
            Nail firmly hit on the head..thanks for saving me the typing!

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
              I wonder how much of that is due to Kiper's "rivalry" with Todd McShay (who has been a pretty vocal Clausen detractor for a while).

FWIW, Scouts, Inc., has Bradford rated the #3 overall prospect in the draft (behind G.McCoy and Suh), while Clausen does not make their top 32.
              What's your take on who's the best QB in the draft Avenger?

Comment

Originally posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
                What's your take on who's the best QB in the draft Avenger?
                To me its Bradford. Not even close.

Comment

I don't know if a rivalry with McShay is enough for Kiper to put Clausen ahead of Bradford. Kiper made the switch on his December 2nd big board, but had Clausen creeping up his board as the season progressed, which isn't unusual since Clausen had a good season.

That being said, there are some who prefer Clausen to Bradford. Scott Wright, whose opinion I really respect, is one of them. Walter Football, whom I'm not as big of a fan of, is another. It seems to be a minority opinion at this point, and I believe there was a report from the combine where Charlie Casserly said no NFL person he talked to favored Clausen to Bradford.

From what I've seen, I favor Bradford as well. But given all the evidence in front of me, I can't honestly say I'm completely comfortable with either of them as #1 picks. If Bradford can stay healthy, I think he has all the potential in the world to be good. I'm just worried about whether or not he can stay healthy (not the shoulder specifically, but overall).

Comment

Clausen is more pro ready...for now. When Bradford gets training camp, pre-season, and a few weeks of normal football season under his belt, he's going to blow past Clausen.

Clausen isn't a bad QB, but I don't think he's elite. Bradford is elite.

Comment

Everything Ive read says that Clausen is a jerkoff, but Id rather have a pro ready jerkoff than a guy whos going to read his FIRST defense in training camp, but he throws a pretty ball against air lets not forget.

THE RAMS decide, not us , not Mr.Hair who just runs his mouth, and if THEY decide that Bradfords' the man, then I as a fan will back him as if I made the pick myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                        Bradford is elite.
                        I can't help but say that such a comment is entirely too bold for my taste, especially for a guy that hasn't played one down of football in the NFL.
                        Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
                          I can't help but say that such a comment is entirely too bold for my taste, especially for a guy that hasn't played one down of football in the NFL.

He has all the qualities to be an elite QB in the NFL, while on the other hand, Clausen does not.

This doesn't mean Clausen won't BE elite, and that Bradford won't be un-elite, but Bradford's traits portray him as being able to be an elite QB.

Comment

Clausen only looks good because of Golden Tate. I watch highlights, and so many of his passes are off, luckily Tate is a beast and fights for them whilst in the air.

Bradford has everything above Clausen except "pro ready" which I assume is more playing under center.

Comment