Bucs Suh or McCoy? Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs Suh or McCoy? Trade?

Bear with me here cause I just like making up trade scenarios. Does anyone know if the Bucs are really favoring one of these monster DT and would be willing to jump ahead of the Lions to get either Suh or McCoy. If they are obsessed with one of these two would they be willing to jump to the 1st pick and get the DT they want and give us an extra pick?
    This would be amazing because we would probably still end up with Bradford but at a cheaper price. Also if someone were to trade up to the 2 spot to get him the other DT would still be there for us. Not a bad scenario just want some imput on if the Bucs are really interested in either in particular.

Re: Bucs Suh or McCoy? Trade?

According to Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post: "I hear that the Tampa Bay Bucs prefer Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh over Oklahoma tackle Gerald McCoy but will be happy with either."

Comment

Taking Bradford at 3 wont be any cheaper than 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
        Taking Bradford at 3 wont be any cheaper than 1.
        No but it nets us extra picks, and good ones too.

I would still be concerned with someone jumping up and grabbing Bradford, but then I guess the Rams go to Clausen, or at that point should have the extra picks necessary to trade back up into the 1st and snag McCoy if they wanted.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• clarasDK
          Are Detroit still in the game for one of the DT's?
          by clarasDK
          I was just thinking with the upgrades Detroit have done on their D-line so fare is Detroit still in for McCoy or Suh? They really need a OT to protect their QB this year.

Should we risk it and swap picks with Redskins? They get Bradford with the nr 1 and we get Suh or McCoy (I think Bucs will take Suh) with the nr 4 pick? and some extra picks for us?
          -03-07-2010, 04:26 AM
        • clarasDK
          Bucs have released Gerald McCoy
          by clarasDK
          Should we go for him? I always liked him and thought Bucs got the better player compared to Suh.
          -05-21-2019, 01:32 AM
        • sjacksonrules
          ive been thinking
          by sjacksonrules
          I've been thinkin about this what if despags are just acting like they are interested in bradford just to get someone to trade up like say the redskins. Which I think the lions would draft a offensive lineman to protect their investment in qb. So that would leave us with suh or mccoy whoever the bucs didn't get. Just sounds like something they would do seeing as they are saying they would move down in the draft.
          -03-22-2010, 10:12 PM
        • sntlouisrams
          Alternate trade option
          by sntlouisrams
          Say for arguments sake the rams like G.McCoy ahead of Suh there isnt apparantly alot between them as both are nfl ready dt's (for the record i think suh is better and yes I have seen his stats and understand that argumeny)

The rams convince Tampa that they want suh and get trade down with tampa to 3rd and pick up a 2nd and 4th round for arguments sake.

The rams also convince washington that we want bradford, (as we sit ahead of washington they have to trade up to 2nd to get him) meaning they trade with detroit to get in and steal him from us as it were.

However we sit pretty at 3rd having traded down and land G.McCoy and have an extra draft picks in the later rounds. I READ this elsewhere and paraphrasing it, to see what people would think. Also this move works if we want clausen as well.
          -02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
        • xkidflowx
          Colt Mccoy + Suh..
          by xkidflowx
          WHAT IF... we had drafted Suh.. then colt mccoy in the 2nd.. do you think we would have been a better team? because me and my friends had a arguement and me defending bradford. My point was that, Bradford was the best thing that can ever happen to any organziation.

their point.. Colt Mccoy is the REAL DEAL and SUH is the real deal....

So let me hear your guys thoughts!
          -11-30-2010, 12:56 PM
        Working...
        X