More thoughts on Carriker trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More thoughts on Carriker trade

Maybe there is more to this trade than meets the eye? Maybe there is more to this scenario.....What if the Rams and Washington have planned that Jason Campbell will be traded later to us after we successfully pull off some kind of trade back smoke screen for QB Sam Bradford.

Maybe we have no intention signing Sam Bradford at #1, and are still trying to get Cleveland to trade up for him......I still think we will go Defense with the first pick.....and this will be a defense heavy draft......just my thoughts.

Wouldn't Jason Campbell be like to Washington what Adam Carriker was to us?.....Money wise?

Re: More thoughts on Carriker trade

Honestly I've never seen anything from Cambell that makes me want to trade for him...
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

If we are going to get Campbell and not draft Bradford I really hope we don't trade down and miss out on Suh. Nobody is close to him defensively in the 7th spot.

Comment

Originally posted by LARAM View Post
        Maybe there is more to this trade than meets the eye? Maybe there is more to this scenario.....What if the Rams and Washington have planned that Jason Campbell will be traded later to us after we successfully pull off some kind of trade back smoke screen for QB Sam Bradford.

Maybe we have no intention signing Sam Bradford at #1, and are still trying to get Cleveland to trade up for him......I still think we will go Defense with the first pick.....and this will be a defense heavy draft......just my thoughts.

Wouldn't Jason Campbell be like to Washington what Adam Carriker was to us?.....Money wise?
        no, that's pretty silly.

Comment

Originally posted by thickandthin View Post
          no, that's pretty silly.
          Maybe you should explain why you think it is silly.

I think it's unlikely, but it's still plausible. You never know what Devaney is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
            Maybe you should explain why you think it is silly.

I think it's unlikely, but it's still plausible. You never know what Devaney is going to do.
            what I meant, except with a "very" in front of "unlikely"

Comment

How are they similar? Carriker is under contract for 2 more years I think. Jason Campbell was a free agent that they voluntarily resigned for one year. Not the same situation at all. If the Rams traded for Campbell, they would have to negotiate a contract to keep him or he would be a one year solution.

Comment

Honestly, I'm thinking it went something like this.....

Shan: Jim, we still need another 5-technique. What are your thoughts?

Has: Well, Mike, first let me ask you this..........what's a 5-technique?

Shan: You know, an End for our 3-4.

Has: 3-4? End? Those words sound familiar but I'm just not placing it.

Shan: Jim! The guy that plays on the "end" of our line with "3" men in it.

Has: Oh, yea.....got ya. When I was in Missouri, we had a kid playing NT/UT/DE/LB/P/QB/Vendor for us named Carriker. How 'bout him?

Shan: I'll call Billy.

Okay, seriously, I just think Haslett wanted another 5-technique and felt comfortable with Carriker. The Skins knew he was available and would be cheap.
                The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                X