Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the status of next years draft if there is a lock out in football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the status of next years draft if there is a lock out in football?

Each year you see future picks traded for picks in the current draft. However, with the potential for a lock out in 2011, does this alter the value of the future picks? Is there even going to be a draft in 2011 if there is a lock out?

I already thought that the Rams shouldent trade for future picks, rather getting picks in this years draft or players. But if next years draft is going to be affected then this is definitely something i would prefer.
    @EssexRam_

Re: What is the status of next years draft if there is a lock out in football?

In one of the blogs on the Rams website it said that there will be a 2011 draft.

Comment

There will be a draft next year regardless of any lockout. The owners are never going to allow a free for all and all out bidding war for a full crop of college players.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Ok good to know. Still, if there is no football to be played, it will lower the value of those future picks. Would be a good draft to take a project though!
        @EssexRam_

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tiko377
          Will this draft be the draft that the changes the Rams?
          by Tiko377
          I think this could be the draft that changes the Rams into a wildcard team not this upcoming year but in 2 years.

what does everyone think?
          -03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
        • txramsfan
          Draft Day...what do you do?
          by txramsfan
          Seriously, I tried last year to watch the draft. Thought that it might be relaxing after a strenous tax season. However, I found myself longing for the guy who painted little trees in the corner because the bushes needed friends. That's how boring I thought this "draft coverage" was. So, how do you make it enjoyable?

This year, it's golf. You know, they should make one of those ESPN commercials about me when I'm going to be fixated on my phone while the draft is on. Then, when the Rams draft Sigmund Freud in the first round and I sling my putter across the green in disgust it will make a perfect Verizon highlight moment.
          -04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Rams Have Four Picks Among Top 100 In Next Month's NFL Draft
          by r8rh8rmike
          Rams have four picks among top 100 in next month's NFL draft

Gary Klein Contact Reporter

The Los Angeles Rams have four picks in the top 100 selections of next month’s NFL draft, based on the draft order the league released Tuesday.
          The Rams, coming off a 7-9 season, have a total of six picks in the seven-round draft that will be held April 28-30 in Chicago.

They have the 15th overall pick in the first round. Their two second-round slots are the 43rd and 45th overall picks. Their third-round pick is 76th.

In the fourth round, the Rams have the 110th pick. They do not have a fifth-round spot because they chose offensive lineman Isaiah Battle in last year’s supplemental draft.

Their sixth-round spot is the 190th overall selection.

The Rams do not have a seventh-round pick because they traded it to the Houston Texans as part of a trade for quarterback Case Keenum.
          It remains to be seen whether the Rams will package their high-round picks to move up in the draft.

Coach Jeff Fisher said last week that the Rams would begin formal draft meetings in Southern California on April 5....
          -03-31-2016, 08:24 AM
        • chucknbob
          The late draft is killing the "experts"
          by chucknbob
          I've noticed a lot of talk on here and other places about picks suddenly rising or falling on draft boards the last couple of weeks, especially with QBs. However, I've heard interviews with GMs and coaches, and every one of them say their draft board is set. In other words, the teams decided who they wanted to draft weeks ago.

My thoughts are that in order for the analysts to keep people listening to them until draft day, they have to keep coming up with something new. All they can do is move guys up and down the boards so they can propose new mock drafts.

I personally don't put any stock in these draft board changes that have happened over the last couple of weeks. I can't imagine anything that has happened between the pro day/workout/combine and now that would sway the thougths of a GM or coach.
          -04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
        • ramhard
          My Wishes for the RAMS FO on Draft
          by ramhard
          Here are my wishes (and pleading) to the Rams front office heading into the draft:

1. Draft on production not on workout statistics.
          2. Don't get cute, draft solid players at established positions.
          3. Draft players who are physical
          4. If necessary move up for impact players in 2nd and 3rd rounds
          5. Don't forget to draft both a developmental RB/TE mid or late rounds.
          6. First two picks get an OT that can start this year, and a playmaking DB that can start at either FS or nickle CB. I don't care what order you pick them in.
          -03-17-2005, 11:54 AM
        Working...
        X