Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Rams take Bradford, the player I'm hoping falls to the second round is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Rams take Bradford, the player I'm hoping falls to the second round is...

For me its Demaryius Thomas.

Bradford could use a big, fast WR to throw to. Thomas may need some route running work, but his size/speed ratio, toughness and big play ability provide unlimited upside.

(Oh... and to preempt any wise guys who might respond... let's keep this realistic. I'm sure we'd all like to see Suh fall to the Rams in Round 2, but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as the likelihood that I will be selected).

Re: If the Rams take Bradford, the player I'm hoping falls to the second round is...

More than a player I'll be crossing my fingers tomorrow to hear that we've traded the pick.

But if we keep it I'm hoping for (a) Ryan Matthews or (b) Golden Tate to fall.

Comment

Re: If the Rams take Bradford, the player I'm hoping falls to the second round is...

Sean Weatherspoon
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Gresham easily, I'd take Damian Williams before Thomas. If we could trade down from 33 Williams would be the prime candidate on my list.

Comment

I firmly believe that we will be a'tradin' our 2nd rounder; but if Jermaine Gresham is there then I'd certainly pick him.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

Jerry Hughes, but that might be a littttle too unrealistic. Otherwise, hope Demaryius is there.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post
              I firmly believe that we will be a'tradin' our 2nd rounder; but if Jermaine Gresham is there then I'd certainly pick him.

WHAT SAY YE?
              Yea im also with Jermaine Gresham

or Carlos Dunlap

Comment

Easily Gresham, though that's a reach too. I hope Dez Bryant drops, which is possible if people don't like his potential character issues.
                I believe!:ram:

Comment

The Rams will choose an OLB or DE.

Jerry Hughes, Daryl Washington at OLB
                  or
                  Dunlap or Griffen at DE.

A GREAT defensive player who could have been taken in the low 20's is going to fall to them.

Comment

1a. Jerry Hughes
                    1b. Sean Weatherspoon
                    2. TRADE PICK
                    3. Jermaine Gresham
                    4. Everson Griffen
                    5. Damaryius Thomas

Comment

Gresham or Griffen.

Don't want Dunlap.

Comment

Suh/Gerald McCoy...lol Honestly, it's Brian Price(DT)-UCLA. i THINK HE'LL BE BETTER THAN Suh or McCoy.

Comment

My dream is to get Jermaine Gresham with the 2nd, go BPA between OLB/RB in the 3rd, and then whichever you didn't get in the 3rd go for the BPS

Comment

That's easy... It's gotta be Weatherspoon....

Comment

hi guys, i'm new here. My name is johnny and i'm from montreal. I have been a rams fans since 1999.

I want the Rams to take Sam Bradford, and with the second pick i think we have to go with a pass rusher or a reciever.
                              I like Everson Griffen and Damien Williams from USC.

Do you think it is possiable that a team with 2 2nd rounds pick like the pariots trade both for the 33 overall pick?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• harrydog
                                Assuming the Rams take Bradford...
                                by harrydog
                                At this point I don't want it to happen but let's say the Rams do end up selecting Bradford. How does that change the rest of the draft for us? At what point do we address defense? Is there another offensive player that would be irresistible for us in the 2nd round? Who would you like to see us take among the players that will most likely be available at #33 and #65?
                                -03-02-2010, 05:40 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Round Two: If Bradford Goes No. 1, What's Next For Rams?
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                04.09.2010 2:10 pm
                                If Bradford goes No. 1, what’s next for Rams?
                                By Roger Hensley

THE WATERCOOLER

QUESTION: The Rams obviously found a gem in the second round of the draft last year with LB James Laurinaitis. Assuming the team selects Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick in a couple weeks, what position do you think they will pursue most aggressively in the second round?

BERNIE MIKLASZ
                                They have so many needs it’s impossible to be specific about what they’ll take at the top of round two. Presuming the Rams will draft QB Sam Bradford with the 1st overall pick, they’ll be on the lookout for any number of positions with the first choice of the second round. It depends what’s there. They could go for a wideout, defensive end, tight end, guard, offensive tackle, cornerback, outside linebacker. Hell, they need everything.

JIM THOMAS
                                The Rams have so many needs, at so many positions, they will have incredible flexibility at the top of the second. Whether it’s defensive end, defensive tackle, cornerback, linebacker or wide receiver, they should trust their board and take the best player available. But keep this in mind, too. With a full day between Rounds 1 and 2, the first pick of the second round will be highly coveted by teams re-stacking their board. This could be a prime opportunity to trade down and pick up extra picks in what’s shaping up as a deep draft in the middle rounds.

BILL COATS
                                They could go for a number of positions in the second round; they have many holes to fill. If Mizzou linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is still available, he’d be a solid, and logical, choice. That would give the Rams a LB corps of Laurinaitis in the middle, Diggs on the strongside (presumably) and Weatherspoon on the weakside. Pretty solid, at least potentially.
                                -04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Sam Bradford is the true "Wild Card" for the Rams first choice.
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Last year at about this time, I suggested that, by the time the draft rolled around, Mark Sanchez could be on the Rams short list of players to select with the second pick in the draft. Many scoffed and, truth be told, even I was a bit uncertain with my prognostication. Of course, in the end, Sanchez rose from late first round prospect and became a top 5 pick on the strength of his workouts and interviews.

I can see a similar scenario occurring with Sam Bradford.

Last year, before Bradford decided to return to Oklahoma, many had him rated as a potential first pick in the draft. Then, as fate would have it, his season was scuttled by a shoulder injury.

Now, he is still considered a top 10 pick by most, but there are question marks.

So here are the "what ifs."

What if the doctors say he is fine and that there should be no long term impact from his shoulder injury?

What if he impresses at the Combine and/or his individual workouts?

What if he presents as a confident leader in his interviews?

If these things happen, the Rams very well could decide that the time is now to take a chance at drafting a potential franchise QB.

If that occurs, there will still be decisions to make. The Rams could, of course, simply select Bradford first. Alternatively, they could smokescreen a desire to take Ndamukong Suh and try to trade down. The logical trade partner would be Tampa, who likely would covet Suh, and would not take QB with the first choice (having spent a first round pick last year on a QB). Such a plan would not be foolproof, though. If, as some have speculated, the Redskins want Bradford, they could trade up with Detroit and take him at #2, thereby leaving the Rams to take who? (G.McCoy? Clausen?).

I'll leave the trade issue out of the analysis for now and simply say this.

Right now, I see Suh as being a prospect who is extremely likely (say 75%) to be an impact player at a very important position.

Right now, I see Bradford as being a prospect who has a decent chance (say 40-50%) to be an impact player at the MOST important position.

With those odds, I go with Suh (absent a great trade offer).

But if Bradford's stock rises, and I start to see him as having a better than 50% chance of being a franchise QB... then the choice becomes very difficult.

Bottom line: we're in the first lap of a multi-lap race. Its way too early to call the winner.
                                -02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Round Two: Should Rams Shut Down Bradford For Season?
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Should Rams shut down Bradford for season?

BY ROGER HENSLEY
                                Thursday, December 15, 2011

QUESTION: Considering his lingering high-ankle sprain, and the fact the Rams are 2-11, do you think it would be best for the team to shut down Sam Bradford for the rest of the season?

JIM THOMAS

There are a lot of players on this Rams roster playing hurt. I think it would send a bad message to the rest of the team to treat a banged-up Sam Bradford any differently than the other players. But seeing Bradford in a walking boot after Wednesday’s practice and seeing the frustration in his face, you have to wonder if he’s going to be healthy enough to play in any of the final three games. It looks like there’s no way he’s playing this week. So I’d say see how the ankle feels next week, and if it’s still iffy – or worse –shut him down.

BRYAN BURWELL

If Bradford can play and it doesn’t create a situation where more damage can be done, then you play him. You don’t quit on the season. But if there is a chance that playing could potentially make his injury worse, then there is no way he belongs on the field.

KATHLEEN NELSON

The fact that he was wearing that boot Wednesday means that he’s unlikely to play Sunday. If he’s no better by the middle of next week, I’d shut him down.
                                -12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Round Two: How Much Of A Pounding Can Bradford Take?
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                How much of a pounding can Bradford take?

BY ROGER HENSLEY
                                Thursday, October 13, 2011

QUESTION: Is there any danger of Rams QB Sam Bradford's development being stunted by the constant beating he is taking this season?

JIM THOMAS, Post-Dispatch football writer:

Sure there is. Being constantly harassed by pass rushers can lead to bad mechanics (see: Jay Cutler). In addition, coaches and scouts frequently say that once a quarterback lowers his eyes and starts looking for the pass rush instead of looking downfield, it's over for him as a QB.

JEFF GORDON, STLtoday.com columnist:

There is enormous danger here. Bradford arrived with extreme confidence and the ability to make consistently good reads. After the physical beatings intensify, the risk of regression becomes enormous. And once quarterbacks develop the resulting bad habits, turning them around becomes very difficult. The NFL highway is littered with bright prospects who literally had the potential beaten out of them.

With this season quickly becoming a lost cause for the Rams, the team must protect Bradford by all means necessary while it plays out the string.

TOM TIMMERMANN, Post-Dispatch sportswriter:

I think somewhere along the way, the greater risk is Sam Bradford's body being snapped in half. If he's standing at the end of the season, the only thing that will bother him is if the team doesn't get him some receivers to throw to, or some linemen who can keep him vertical.

More likely to be stunted is the development of Rams fans, who after getting excited about this season have been demoralized. It will be a tough sell next season. Your optimism can only be dashed so many times.
                                -10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
                              Working...
                              X