The 2nd Round...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2nd Round...

With Best, Gresham and Weatherspoon off the board, I can't help but think we should trade the 33rd pick for more picks and try to give Bradford some more help.

Thoughts?
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Re: The 2nd Round...

I think we'll trade the pick to Giants for their second and Osi.

Comment

I think it could be Griffen. But I'm all about that idea Rams Man.

Comment

Yes I hope the Rams trade down for more picks.

I hope the Rams finally trade with Cleveland and get some extra picks. The Rams need a few more weapons for QB Sam Bradford.
        A receiving threat type TE.
        A big WR to go over the middle. (a Branden Lafell type)
        A third down Running back a (Eric Metcalf or a Chris Johson type). Someone that is a speed burner that can get to the corner and catch out of the backfield.

Comment

Why is that some people think only Gresham, Weatherspoon or Best could really help the rams in the 2nd? I've argued for a long time as well that Best would have been a terrible pick for the Rams, Gresham and Weathersoon would have been good, but I would have bet a lot of money that neither one would be on the board come 33, and neither are. I think we find ourselves in a fantastic position on day 2, and wouldn't be upset at all to grab some of the talent left at the start of day 2 instead of trading down.

Comment

Originally posted by berg8309 View Post
            Why is that some people think only Gresham, Weatherspoon or Best could really help the rams in the 2nd? I've argued for a long time as well that Best would have been a terrible pick for the Rams,
            I agree, sure Best could be nice to have, but with so many holes we need to pick someone that will be a major contributor with the 2nd pick. How many carries would Best get when we have SJ?

I'd love to trade this pick if we can get a good deal. There are some good def linemen out there still, but we also need a WR for Bradford to succeed. Hopefully we can trade down so we can take advantage of the defense talent left while getting a weapon for Bradford.

Comment

Griffen is no slouch, that's for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Rams uniform. Today's going to be very interesting. If there is any threat that the 34th pick is a QB and some team is QB hungry, we may get some serious value at 33.
              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

What do you guys think of Charles Brown at 33? Great pass protector with room to add some needed bulk, insurance for Barron's inevitable departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                  What do you guys think of Charles Brown at 33? Great pass protector with room to add some needed bulk, insurance for Barron's inevitable departure.
                  I never got the sense he was very good at football...

Comment

gimme Tate or Benn and lets play some football..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• timsum1283
                      2nd round trade
                      by timsum1283
                      so with the new format of the nfl draft, there will be a lot of down time between the 32nd pick and the 33rd. as someone previously mentioned that gives a lot of time for teams to be wheeling and dealing for 2nd round picks. If u are Billy D, what does it take for u to trade pick #33? players? picks?

this is just me spitballing but every year the denver broncos seem to make a lot of draft day trades (and always seem to draft a rb). do u think if given the right situation they would be willing to trade Brandon Marshall or next year's 1st for the Rams 2nd this year? if so would u make that trade?

it's likely that a player with first round talent will drop to round 2 like Best, Tate, Kindle, maybe even Mays/Dunlap. IMO if a player like Weatherspoon isn't there I would really like to trade down in round 2 and pick up some extra picks down the road. would you be interested in trading it for more picks/players or would u rather be content with staying at spot #33?
                      -03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      What would it take to trade back into Round 2?
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      Looking at the Trade Value Chart, there are a couple of possibilities:

Package both 3rd round picks (#71, #92) for a second round pick
                      The Rams two 3rd rounders are worth a total of 367 points. This equates to a second round pick in the range of pick #52-55.

Package a 3rd (#71) and fourth (#113) round pick for a second round pick
                      These picks are valued at 303 points, which equates to a selection at the end of the second round, around #59-61.

Use future draft picks
                      I would not even consider putting one of the Rams' two 2014 first round picks on the block at this point, but I might consider a deal that includes a Day 2 2014 pick if it meant getting one of the top safeties remaining (Cyprien, S.Thomas).

Anyone like any of these options?
                      -04-26-2013, 09:46 AM
                    • Tony Soprano
                      Idea: The Rams involved in 3 way Trade
                      by Tony Soprano
                      Okay it's my idea and not a Rumor.

1st Part of Trade
                      -----------------
                      Denver trades us the the 29th pick of the third round and the 29th pick in the 4th Round (They have 3 fourth round picks) in exchange for

St.Louis's 13th pick of the third round. In essence, Denver gives up one of their many 4th round picks to move up 16 slots in the 3rd round.

2nd Part of Trade
                      -------------------

St.Louis trades both their 4th round picks (theirs and Denver's 29th) and their first round pick (#11) for Detroits first round pick (#9).

Execution
                      ---------
                      With the 9th pick of the Draft, St.Louis selects Michael Huff from U. of Texas.

Why it'll work
                      ---------------
                      Detroit has NO (ZERO) 4th round picks. GM and coaches hate sitting out rounds and watching their coveted players go off the board. Detroit will have a presence
                      in the fourth round with 2 picks and still get a player that fits into the value
                      system and scheme in Detroit. DENVER - Denver has THREE 4th round picks and they're bunched together. The Rams get the best corner and/or safety in the draft and gets one the biggest impact players in the draft.

Disclaimer
                      ------------
                      I don't have one of those value charts and I didn't consult one. I just used horsesense, sometimes Horses are wrong.

-03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
                    • MauiRam
                      Would we trade up for Cherilus?
                      by MauiRam
                      If Gosder Cherilus were available late in round one, and Rams wanted him, what would we have to give up in order to trade back into the first round - say from the 24th pick on down. Would this year's 2nd and next year's 4th rd picks be enough?

24. Tennessee
                      25. Seattle
                      26. Jacksonville
                      27. San Diego
                      28. Dallas
                      29. San Francisco (from Indianapolis)
                      30. Green Bay
                      * New England (pick forfeited)
                      31. New York Giants

One more thing: How could you not want a behemoth named "Gosder" on your roster? With a name like that, you just know he'll become a household name (for all the right reasons I might add!).
                      -04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
                    • AvengerRam_old
                      The one guy I'd trade up (from pick #33 to late first round) to get
                      by AvengerRam_old
                      DeSean Jackson, WR, California
                      I think he would be a perfect fit for the Rams offense. We already have Holt, who is great for the 15-25 yard routes, and Bennett, who will hopefully show his abilities as a Red Zone threat. Jackson would give us a guy who can stretch the field with his speed, and can also be a MAJOR threat on short passes (screens, slants) because of his open field running abilities.

If he's still there after the 20th pick, I'd start making calls. Probably would need to package pick #33 with a 4th round pick or a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'd roll the dice and do that.
                      -04-04-2008, 10:31 AM
                    Working...
                    X