Sam Bradford.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford.

And here it is. Sam Bradford is now a ram. Also, he will BE WEARING THE NUMBER 8.

SAM will be the Rams God.

Re: Sam Bradford.

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
    And here it is. Sam Bradford is now a ram. Also, he will BE WEARING THE NUMBER 8.

SAM will be the Rams God.
    Let's hope so.

Comment

I have my doubts about Sam, only because we made him the first pick of the entire draft, but I'll support him and wish he succeeds beyond everyone's expectations.

Comment

where did you find out about him wearing the number 8

Comment

Originally posted by abram86 View Post
          where did you find out about him wearing the number 8
          I had seen that somewhere else, but apparently in his introduction press conference a few minutes ago it was said that he'll wear #8. Part of the inspiration was that as a kid he watched the Cowboys a lot and was an Aikman fan.

Comment

I received a text message from the rams official twitter page.

Comment

Let me first say, I hope I am wrong. I truly do.

But lets look at Bradford... A 66% completion rate (Even Colt has a 77%). Didn't play much last year. Unproven. Injured. Shotgun QB. No footwork. Never plays under center. Remember Alex Smith for the 9ers? Same problem. Most snaps in the NFL happen under center. A shotgun QB does not have his footwork down, and must try and learn it. They tend to have trouble mastering the 3,5,and 7 step drops. Can't shovel pass, and instead does a "push". Is tiny, small, and fragile. We have no o-line to block for him. No receivers for him to throw to. No "mentor" to teach him NFL ball. I honestly am questioning the Rams will to win, and simple Football know-how.

Everyone knew one of these "good" QB would have been left in the second round. Either Tebow, McCoy, Clausen, somebody. Turns out two of them are still up for grabs in round 2. So we could of gone round 1 - Suh. Then got a QB. Far too much risk wasting a first pick on a VERY questionable QB.

Even if they were not willing to risk 'hoping' for a QB in round 2, they could of become more active in trying to get either McNabb or Roethlisberger. Both quality veteran QB's. Franchise QB's? No. But would get us by.

You never have a sure thing in the draft, but Suh was as close as they come. The Lions fans will be thanking us for many years to come I think.

Just my take on the whole thing. I agree with Trent Dilfer in saying this was a "catastrophic mistake". Only time will tell. And again, I hope beyond all logic that I am wrong! Dead wrong.

Comment

Could someone please delete this comment? I dont even want to get started here.

Comment

For pete's sake it's already starting. I wanted so badly to have a player everyone would get behind and not attack on sight after years of Bulger bashing...but it's just going to be the same thing all over again isn't it? He hasn't even taken a snap yet and people are already freaking out and calling him a bust.

The best part is, like with Bulger, the arguments are all the same, it doesn't even make for interesting reading.
                  "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

theBrawlerfan, just about everything you said is just not correct and/or not making much sense.

Since when is 66% completion rating (and 88 touchdwons in two years) a bad thing? Indeed I thought it was damn good.

He played under center plenty of times and has practiced half his snaps at OU under center. Not to mention the offseason work he's going to get here.

Bradford's footwork isn't really an issue at all. Hate to use Pro Days as examples, but it looked great at his.

He can't shovel pass? Wth?

Since when is 6'5 236 pounds small and fragile? Should he have a lineman gut to boot?

I thought the guys we had on our roster as an offensive line was an o-line...Our coaching staff begs to differ with you btw.

Our receivers are fine and we haven't even got to the second round yet, who knows what additions we will make.

As ive said a billion times, there is a reason all of those QBs are still on the board and Bradford isn't. If we hadn't picked Bradford he would ahve been swooped up by Washington at 4, Clausen is still twiddling his thumbs. Kind of tells you something when every NFL team passes on you.

McNabb would have cost us at least two premium picks and is 34 years old with sub par accuracy and would have been in an offense that demands accuracy more than all else...Roethlisberger can't even play for the first 4-6 games and when he comes back we'd have been without premium draft picks...

There is no sure thing and Suh wasn't anymore close than Mccoy IMO. He could be a washout just the same and you don't know who is closer to being a "sure" thing than the enxt guy. Even if he was, he wasn't going to help us win any football games...

I guess you and Trent Dilfer can sit relatively alone while us Ram fans look to the future...

Comment

Honestly, who cares what Trent Dilfer says? What does he know about being a good quarterback anyway?
                      "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Well put Bralidore. I'd have said that myself, by didn't want to waste my time or breathe.

Comment

And the next thing we'll here is that a renegade group of Rams fans will be starting a Get Bradford out of St.Louis committee.

Comment

Originally posted by theBrawlerFan View Post
                            Let me first say, I hope I am wrong. I truly do.

But lets look at Bradford... A 66% completion rate (Even Colt has a 77%). Didn't play much last year. Unproven. Injured. Shotgun QB. No footwork. Never plays under center. Remember Alex Smith for the 9ers? Same problem. Most snaps in the NFL happen under center. A shotgun QB does not have his footwork down, and must try and learn it. They tend to have trouble mastering the 3,5,and 7 step drops. Can't shovel pass, and instead does a "push". Is tiny, small, and fragile. We have no o-line to block for him. No receivers for him to throw to. No "mentor" to teach him NFL ball. I honestly am questioning the Rams will to win, and simple Football know-how.

Everyone knew one of these "good" QB would have been left in the second round. Either Tebow, McCoy, Clausen, somebody. Turns out two of them are still up for grabs in round 2. So we could of gone round 1 - Suh. Then got a QB. Far too much risk wasting a first pick on a VERY questionable QB.

Even if they were not willing to risk 'hoping' for a QB in round 2, they could of become more active in trying to get either McNabb or Roethlisberger. Both quality veteran QB's. Franchise QB's? No. But would get us by.

You never have a sure thing in the draft, but Suh was as close as they come. The Lions fans will be thanking us for many years to come I think.

Just my take on the whole thing. I agree with Trent Dilfer in saying this was a "catastrophic mistake". Only time will tell. And again, I hope beyond all logic that I am wrong! Dead wrong.
                            You haven't really look into Bradford have you? Almost everything you said at the tops are wrong:

66% is unreal if he did that in the NFL i bet we win more often than not, Colt ran out of a straight spread O, Sam didn't more on that later.

Unproven, EVERY player is unproven coming out of the drat, dumb argument.

Injured, yes he was injured last year but clearly has passed all checks and if FO feels he will be fine

Shotgun and footwork comment, he actually has been said to have great footwork and HAS played under centre, more than a lot of people want to admit it seems.

Bradford has unreal intangibles and honestly that will make him succeed, look back at a bunch of past draft busts most of them have questionable work ethics.

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                              Could someone please delete this comment? I dont even want to get started here.
                              You are active on an online forum, but don't want to get started?

I am a Rams fan from back in L.A. Long time fan. Die hard. I just worry about our pick. Is this not ok? I was under the impression this was a forum? Where we could talk? That's all I am trying to do.

Originally posted by BrokenWing View Post
                              For pete's sake it's already starting. I wanted so badly to have a player everyone would get behind and not attack on sight after years of Bulger bashing...but it's just going to be the same thing all over again isn't it? He hasn't even taken a snap yet and people are already freaking out and calling him a bust.

The best part is, like with Bulger, the arguments are all the same, it doesn't even make for interesting reading.
                              I am not calling him a bust. I am worried we passed on Suh, who I feel will be a bigger 'impact' player then Bradford. It's simply my opinion, and I thought I would share it in a forum, with othe Rams fans, to get their feedback.

Originally posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
                              theBrawlerfan, just about everything you said is just not correct and/or not making much sense.

Since when is 66% completion rating (and 88 touchdwons in two years) a bad thing? Indeed I thought it was damn good.

He played under center plenty of times and has practiced half his snaps at OU under center. Not to mention the offseason work he's going to get here.

Bradford's footwork isn't really an issue at all. Hate to use Pro Days as examples, but it looked great at his.

He can't shovel pass? Wth?

Since when is 6'5 236 pounds small and fragile? Should he have a lineman gut to boot?

I thought the guys we had on our roster as an offensive line was an o-line...Our coaching staff begs to differ with you btw.

Our receivers are fine and we haven't even got to the second round yet, who knows what additions we will make.

As ive said a billion times, there is a reason all of those QBs are still on the board and Bradford isn't. If we hadn't picked Bradford he would ahve been swooped up by Washington at 4, Clausen is still twiddling his thumbs. Kind of tells you something when every NFL team passes on you.

McNabb would have cost us at least two premium picks and is 34 years old with sub par accuracy and would have been in an offense that demands accuracy more than all else...Roethlisberger can't even play for the first 4-6 games and when he comes back we'd have been without premium draft picks...

There is no sure thing and Suh wasn't anymore close than Mccoy IMO. He could be a washout just the same and you don't know who is closer to being a "sure" thing than the enxt guy. Even if he was, he wasn't going to help us win any football games...

I guess you and Trent Dilfer can sit relatively alone while us Ram fans look to the future...
                              I really do appreciate you taking the time. You have some great points.

I have some questions for you, and some answers for your questions. I just don't have time right this minute. Let me close up the shop, and then I can spend some time.

Again, thank YOU for taking the time to inform me. I am far from 'know everything'. I am going off what I have learned.

Like I said, I hope you are right, and I am wrong. Seriously. I was just bummed yesterday with our pick. I don't agree with it, but I also have never been called by any NFL team for my opinion!

Thanks Bralidore. I'll be back later man!

Comment