Michael Clayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Clayton

Heard on NFL network he's on the trade block..should the rams take a look at him?

Re: Michael Clayton

I would have to pass.

Rookie year he gets over a 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns. Future looks bright.

In the next 5 years he only goes over 400 yards once, has 5 fumbles and only scores 3 touchdowns.

He averages 13 yards per catch which is really good but either he can't catch or no one wants to throw it to him.

Heck maybe it's the system or quarterback problems.

Comment

No, he isnt any good. He is about to be cut by the receiver needy Bucs
      @EssexRam_

Comment

Absolutely not. His re-signing was one of the biggest mistakes in recent memory. The guy's a dud.

Comment

I think it's the system he has been in. When he was at LSU he was a big time playmaker. Who has been there to throw him the ball the last few years. The Bucs went downhill just like the Rams did. Maybe with a better than average QB he could revive his career. I think he would be better than Keenan Burton, and he could probably be had at a cheap price as well.

Comment

In a word: No. In two words: Heck No!
            Next, Question

Comment

he's better than Burton

Comment

I'll give them $5 and the offer to take him off their hands. It's probably the best they'll get.
                I believe!:ram:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• eldfan
                  Mark Clayton to the rescue
                  by eldfan
                  BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 11:59 am

Where would the St. Louis Rams' passing game be without wide receiver Mark Clayton? Acquired Sept. 6 in a trade with the Baltimore Ravens, Clayton is tied for fourth in the NFC in receptions (22) and ranks fifth in the conference in reception yards (300) four games into the season.

He has brought big-play potential for an offense that doesn't stretch the field much. Clayton is tied for fourth in the NFL in pass receptions of 25 yards or more, with five. Antonio Gates of San Diego has seven such receptions, followed by Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson and Denver's Brandon Lloyd with six apiece.

"He made some great catches (Sunday), didn’t he? Wow," coach Steve Spagnuolo said of Clayton. "He’s a, I don’t know, call him a gamer or call him a clutch performer, whatever you want. He runs great routes and the quarterback has a lot of confidence in him, so we’re glad we got him."

The Rams sent Baltimore a sixth-rounder in the 2011 draft, getting Clayton and a seventh-rounder in return.
                  -10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
                • RamsInfiniti
                  John Clayton on the Bandwagon
                  by RamsInfiniti
                  Well, I don't know what everyone's opinion of John Clayton is, but no doubt he is on the Rams bandwagon ...

He's the senior NFL writer and I enjoy a good bit of his pieces. I think he jumps to conclusions sometimes, but he is covering the Rams like a hawk. Everytime I look, I see some notes from Clayton on the Rams. Every last bit of it is positive. He seems convinced that the run defense is fixed ....

I see all these other years on the NFL Network who talk about every team in the NFC west but the Rams. Good for them ....

I'll take Michael Smith and John Clayton supporting my team anyday!

Go Rams! I can't wait till Saturday morning so I can see the boys in action against the Norse!
                  -08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
                • eldfan
                  Clayton Recovering Well
                  by eldfan
                  By Nick Wagoner/Senior Writer

Posted Jan 10, 2011

Since he was a young wide receiver growing up in Oklahoma City, Mark Clayton has loved football.

To have it taken away from him is akin to having one of the things you love most robbed from you unexpectedly.

To say that the days, weeks and months following his season ending patella tendon injury suffered on Oct. 10 against Detroit have been difficult would be quite an understatement.

“I would say it was heartbreaking,” Clayton said. “It was tough because it’s something you have been doing since you were 6 years old and you liked it and you love it and on top of that you know what you can do. To see the other guys go out, enjoy themselves, have fun and make plays and do all that stuff, it’s like ‘Man, I know I can do all of that stuff. And then wanting to help your team, especially being in that position to win a game and be in the playoffs…but I just wanted to help the team win games and strive to win a Super Bowl.”

Before Clayton suffered that injury on the second play of the Rams’ first offensive drive in that early October loss to the Lions, he had emerged as the team’s top receiving target.

In a bigger picture sense, Clayton had begun to set down the type of roots that he believed could make St. Louis his football playing home for the long term.

In terms of production, Clayton had clearly become quarterback Sam Bradford’s top target, forming a sort of Oklahoma connection that immediately shot Clayton to the top of the depth chart at receiver.

Acquired in a preseason trade with Baltimore on Sept. 6 for the pittance of exchanged late-round draft picks, Clayton caught on to the Rams’ offense so quickly he started the opener against Arizona and quickly established himself in the system.

In the first four games plus those two measly plays in Detroit, Clayton had racked up 22 catches for 300 yards and two touchdowns, which led the team in all of those categories.

“We certainly don't feel good about losing Mark because he's made a lot of plays for us, but we have to find a way to overcome that somehow,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said at the time.

In looking to overcome Clayton’s loss, the team turned to a green group of receivers with little in the way of experience.

Since he couldn’t play, Clayton made it a point to try to be around the facility as much as possible and help provide guidance to the young wideout corps.
                  Clayton was around the building all the time, even attending some meetings and was there to help offer advice when needed.

Even in the day after the Rams’ disappointing season ending loss to Seattle, Clayton was there to help rookie receiver Danario Alexander after he missed a pair of big play opportunities.

“I had a game on the line, end of the game, I...
                  -01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
                • sosa39rams
                  Mark Clayton
                  by sosa39rams
                  We traded for Mark Clayton. I'll hit details soon.
                  -09-06-2010, 12:04 PM
                • MACD
                  Rams want clayton
                  by MACD
                  Good news....IMHO Clayton would have put one more in the win column if he'd stayed healthy last year. And in the playoffs.......
                  -02-22-2011, 11:07 AM
                Working...
                X