Brandon Jacobs Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Jacobs Released

Should we pursue him? He's big, hes only 27, and he can spell Jackson. Im about 50/50 here, but I thought I'd throw it out here.

Re: Brandon Jacobs Released

nah, horrible attitude (see threw helmet into stands) and doesn't have speed, or youth...

no way BJ

Comment

It's quite rare I say no to a BJ. Can't think of ever saying no to a BJ now that I think about it. Actually, I'd love one, thank you.

oh wait, it's gonna cost more than the league minimum? hmmmm. I'd better wait and explore other options... maybe see if there's anyone bright and rosy from Palm University.

Comment

Well for starters he's actually 29, and will be 30 before opening day next season. Add that to decreasing skills, I'll pass.

Comment

Nope dont want,i want SJ's backup to be a speedy guy.I want a lightning and thunder combo.SJ as the power back and a speedy devil behind him to hit the home run have SJ has wore the defense down.And plus i think Bj is terrible,some of that might me biased because when they won there first superbowl 4 years ago my friend told me BJ was better than SJ lol.We all know the real answer there haha

Comment

I think it was Merril Hoge but it could have been someone else who said they were disappointed every time they saw Brandon Jacobs get tackled by 1-man doing an arm tackle. With his size, just shouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
              I think it was Merril Hoge but it could have been someone else who said they were disappointed every time they saw Brandon Jacobs get tackled by 1-man doing an arm tackle. With his size, just shouldn't happen.
              I heard that too, and whoever said it is right. But lets not forget our starting RB whos 244 lbs and 6'3 and hasn't ran over anyone in his career...

Comment

To me, I like Jacobs, but not sure he's too much of a fit here. He's an ok runner, and can step right in if SJ goes down. I also want to add a speedy guy in FA or the draft for the 1-2 punch with SJ. Jacobs is nothing special, and I'm not sure we should pursue him, but it wouldn't be a bad fallback option. I don't see it happening because:

1. I see us drafting a young RB
                2. Since I see SJ at #1 and a young RB at #2, the #3 RB will need to play ST and Jacobs doesn't offer that.

I just wanted to see the consensus.

Comment

Sj doesnt run anyone over.. ive watched 90 percent of rans games since he's been the started and maybe about 10 giants games since bj has been there and he is the more physical runner but he gets soft at times.. just like sj. But bj will punish someone and sj would try to run around them or staight into them, his pad level is horrible. But no i wouldnt want bj and sj in the same back field. But if it was 4 or 5yrs ago i would.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastcat View Post
                    Sj doesnt run anyone over.. ive watched 90 percent of rans games since he's been the started and maybe about 10 giants games since bj has been there and he is the more physical runner but he gets soft at times.. just like sj. But bj will punish someone and sj would try to run around them or staight into them, his pad level is horrible. But no i wouldnt want bj and sj in the same back field. But if it was 4 or 5yrs ago i would.
                    Exactly the way I see it. SJAX has not 1 time in 7 years ran a guy straight over. BJ is much more physical but is obviously the worse player. SJAX is confused with himself, he's massive but he plays like he's 205 lbs..

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8">

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaj2oO0jAC8">

MUTE THE MUSIC!!!!!

This is how SJAX must start playing...

Comment

At RB, we should go young (i.e. Lamar Miller, Doug Martin).

Comment