20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
    21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
    22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
    23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
    24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
    25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: Top 25 Free Agents according to NFL.COM

It's nice not having anyone on this list, to tell you the truth. Less for the front office to have to deal with.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I want Jared Veldheer, but that's not happening. I wish we could have him instead of Jake Long though.

Comment

I'd target Mack. He'd be a great addition to the OL, and centers are not the most expensive FAs out there. In fact, if it were a choice, I'd spend our money on Mack over Saffold.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
          I'd target Mack. He'd be a great addition to the OL, and centers are not the most expensive FAs out there. In fact, if it were a choice, I'd spend our money on Mack over Saffold.
          Agreed...I like Mack and Ward (Browns) --- but there are another 25 - 40 more FA not on the list that can really help us, and for cheaper......This is a very deep FA class

Comment

I suppose it advantageous for the Rams that Saffold wouldn't be the biggest name on the tackle market and may have to settle for less money than he wants.

Comment

I'd target Jairus Byrd, he would provide not just great play on the back end but much needed experience to a young team.

Comment

I love Mack too but the Rams shelled out 5/40 mil. to Jason Brown only five years ago. Brown isn't even in the same ballpark as Mack so I fully expect him to exceed that amount which means he will cost quite a bit of money. Saffold will probably be much more reasonably priced given his injury concerns, however it depends if a team is willing to pay him as a tackle or guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                  I love Mack too but the Rams shelled out 5/40 mil. to Jason Brown only five years ago. Brown isn't even in the same ballpark as Mack so I fully expect him to exceed that amount which means he will cost quite a bit of money. Saffold will probably be much more reasonably priced given his injury concerns, however it depends if a team is willing to pay him as a tackle or guard.
                  Brown's contract was 5 years, $37.5M, with $20M guaranteed.

I don't know if the Rams will make a run at any "top shelf" FAs, but if they were to choose, one, I'd go after Mack.

Comment

If the Rams added Mack, and then draft Matthews, I would feel alot better about the Rams' offensive line. Plus, it would allow the Rams to add a player at another position earlier in the draft. If the Rams do not resign Saffold, or add Mack through FA, the Rams would definitely need to spend two high draft picks addressing their potential offensive line needs.

Comment

Mack will probably receive something similar to the 6-yr, 49 mil. contract Ryan Kalil got from the Panthers so the Rams are going to have the break the bank if they want him. I just don't see it happening but as I've said I'm a big fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                        Mack will probably receive something similar to the 6-yr, 49 mil. contract Ryan Kalil got from the Panthers so the Rams are going to have the break the bank if they want him. I just don't see it happening but as I've said I'm a big fan of his.
                        Those #s are a bit misleading. Only $28M of his contract is guaranteed, and his cap hit this year was $6.4M.

Comment

Those #s are a bit misleading. Only $28M of his contract is guaranteed, and his cap hit this year was $6.4M.
                          Uh, yeah they are misleading if he doesn't play out the length of the contract otherwise he earns the full 49 mil. he is owed. Darelle Revis got no guaranteed money on his 6-yr, 96 mil. contract but he can obviously earn the entire sum if he plays like one of the best corners in football. You said centers are not the most expensive FAs out there, and although that is generally true compared to other positions, Mack is one of the best in the league and will get paid accordingly.

Comment

Certainly can't agree there.

Saffold may be our most valuable lineman. Obviously Fisher thinks he can be an all pro OG and he has held his own at OT when he's been healthy.

Funny how your loyalty to super high priced Sam Bradford and Chris Long, who have exactly 0 probowls between them in 10 combined NFL seasons, is unwavering, but Saffold, who unselfishly switched positions twice last year for the good of the team, is out the door in favor of Alex Mack.

Wow........

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

Certainly can't agree there.

Saffold may be our most valuable lineman. Obviously Fisher thinks he can be an all pro OG and he has held his own at OT when he's been healthy.
                              All Pro? When did Fisher say that?

Let's see him play a full season without getting injured before we bestow upon him some lofty title like "All Pro"?

Funny how your loyalty to super high priced Sam Bradford and Chris Long, who have exactly 0 probowls between them in 10 combined NFL seasons, is unwavering, but Saffold, who unselfishly switched positions twice last year for the good of the team, is out the door in favor of Alex Mack.

Wow........
                              That comparison is idiotic. Saffold, who was replaced by Jake Long at LT, then by Barksdale at RT (hardly "unselfish" when you have no choice), isn't in the same zip code as Chris Long or Sam Bradford in terms of value to the team.

Mack is a top 5 player at his position. If the Rams could sign him, he'd be a big upgrade for the OL.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• laram0
                                NFL.Com's top 25 free agents (by Chris Wesseling 2/5/15)
                                by laram0
                                Without further ado, here are Around The NFL's top 25 NFL free agents for 2015:

1. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions defensive tackle
                                2. Justin Houston, Kansas City Chiefs pass rusher
                                3. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver
                                4. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos wide receiver
                                5. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants defensive end
                                6. Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos tight end
                                7. Mike Iupati, San Francisco ***** guard
                                8. Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers wide receiver
                                9. Devin McCourty, New England Patriots safety
                                10. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys running back
                                11. Jerry Hughes, Buffalo Bills pass rusher
                                12. Jason Worilds, Pittsburgh Steelers pass rusher
                                13. Jared Odrick, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle
                                14. Pernell McPhee, Baltimore Ravens pass rusher
                                15. Terrance Knighton, Denver Broncos defensive tackle
                                16. Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver
                                17. Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles pass rusher
                                18. Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver
                                19. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers pass rusher*
                                20. Byron Maxwell, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
                                21. C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills running back
                                22. Nick Fairley, Detroit Lions defensive tackle
                                23. Brandon Flowers, San Diego Chargers cornerback
                                24. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins pass rusher
                                25. Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns tight end
                                * Hardy currently is on the Commissioner's Exempt List
                                -02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
                              • Nick
                                Pro Football Talk’s Top 100 Free Agents
                                by Nick
                                PFT’s Free Agent Top 100
                                Posted by Charean Williams on February 19, 2019, 10:00 AM EST

The following are PFT’s top 100 free agents for the start of the 2019 league year. The rankings include prospective unrestricted and restricted free agents, as well as released players. The list will be updated as events warrant, with signings, tags and re-signings denoted when announced and/or reported.

1. Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence. (The Cowboys used the franchise tag on Lawrence.)

2. Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. (The Texans used the franchise tag on Clowney.)

3. Patriots defensive end Trey Flowers.

4. Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jarrett. (The Falcons used the franchise tag on Jarrett.)

5. Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark. (The Seahawks used the franchise tag on Clark.)

6. Chiefs outside linebacker Dee Ford. (The Chiefs used the franchise tag on Ford.)

7. Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell.

8. Giants safety Landon Collins.

9. Ravens inside linebacker C.J. Mosley.

10. Seahawks safety Earl Thomas.

11. Eagles quarterback Nick Foles.

12. Texans safety Tyrann Mathieu.

13. Washington linebacker Preston Smith.

14. Bears safety Adrian Amos.

15. Rams guard Rodger Saffold.

16. Broncos center Matt Paradis.

17. Rams safety Lamarcus Joyner.

18. Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby.

19. Ravens linebacker Za’Darius Smith.

20. Patriots offensive tackle Trent Brown.

21. Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr.

22. Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright.

23. Rams defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

24. Dolphins offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James.

25. Bucs offensive tackle Donovan Smith.

26. Bears cornerback Bryce Callahan.

27. Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah.

28. Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks.

29. Bucs linebacker Kwon Alexander.

30. Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham. (Graham signed a three-year extension with the Eagles on March 1)

31. Eagles receiver Golden Tate.

32. Vikings defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson.

33. Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson.

34 Saints defensive end Alex Okafor.

35. Panthers offensive tackle Daryl Williams.

36. Chargers receiver Tyrell Williams.

37. Colts cornerback Pierre Desir.

38. Saints running back Mark Ingram.

39. Patriots defensive back Jason McCourty.

40. Packers defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson.

41. Raiders tight end Jared Cook.

42. Broncos linebacker Shaquil Barrett.

43. Chargers defensive lineman Corey Liuget.

44. Chiefs cornerback Steven Nelson.

2 weeks ago
                              • Bruce=GOAT
                                Yahoo! Sports first full mock draft
                                by Bruce=GOAT
                                The first full mock draft
                                By John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports
                                February 8, 2007

John Murphy
                                Yahoo! Sports

The champion Colts will bask in the glare of the Lombardi Trophy for just a few weeks as pre-combine meetings have started all over the league.

Many teams view this draft as a seven- or eight-player draft. That means clubs are willing to trade up if they have ammunition to do so, or they will not deal down past a certain point in the top 10.

Others will wait their turn and opt to draft down – a strategy made trendy by Jimmy Johnson back in the 1990s. He figured it didn't make sense to draft a player with a second-round grade in the latter portions of the first round when you instead could accumulate a war chest of mid-round picks and mix and match throughout the seven rounds.

Our initial look at how the first round could play out only covered the top 10 choices. Mock draft No. 2 includes all 32 selections of the first round.

Oakland 1. Oakland Raiders – JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU. His ability to keep his eyes focused downfield, plus his rifle arm and eye-opening size, would make him a perfect fit for a Raiders team that lacked firepower and punch in its offense this past season.

Detroit 2. Detroit Lions – Jamaal Anderson, defensive lineman, Arkansas. A quick glance at the Lions' depth chart shows that despite Calvin Johnson possibly being the most talented player on the board, they could use an impact defensive lineman. That makes Anderson highly attractive. Detroit is the team most others will look toward to make a deal since one of the two top-rated quarterbacks will still be available at this selection.

(A coin flip at the NFL combine will decide the No. 3 and No. 4 choices between Cleveland and Tampa Bay.)

Cleveland 3/4. Cleveland Browns – Alan Branch, defensive lineman, Michigan. Branch would fill a major void for the Browns, who would allow him to clog the middle while opening up lanes for their outside pass rushers and young linebackers Kamerion Wimbley and D'Qwell Jackson. Cleveland paid close attention to the interior line position leading up to last year's draft but opted to take the pass rusher, so addressing the spot this year should come as no surprise.

Tampa Bay 3/4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech. The healthy return of quarterback Chris Simms, running back Carnell Williams and wide receiver Michael Clayton certainly will help, but having a playmaker on the outside like Johnson to line up across speedy veteran Joey Galloway would open up the ground attack and provide the Bucs' quarterback with the type of rare pass-catcher who can make plays anywhere on the field.

Arizona 5. Arizona Cardinals – Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin. They have areas on the defensive side of the ball to address, but finding a...
                                -02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
                              • ramstiles
                                Free Agent Visits
                                by ramstiles
                                Doesn't look like any of the big free agents are coming for a visit

John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Free agency opened with an explosion of phone calls to set up visits for the 308 NFL available players.

Teams couldn't contact agents of free agent players until 12:01 a.m. ET Friday. Once they did, visits were set up for later in the day. The Broncos, Seahawks, ***** and Browns were among the most aggressive teams.

Bengals guard Eric Steinbach is heading to Cleveland for a visit, with secondary trips set up with Tampa Bay and Seattle. The Seahawks talked Chargers guard Kris Dielman into making Seattle his first stop. Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney will begin his free agency tour in Denver. If no deal is worked out there, Kerney is off to Seattle for a visit.

Patriots tight end Daniel Graham visits the Broncos on Friday and has the Seahawks on his list of visits for later in the weekend. The Vikings persuaded Rams wide receiver Kevin Curtis to visit them first, but there could be weather problems. Most people thought Curtis would go to Detroit. The Vikings are also scheduling a trip for Giants tight end Visanthe Shiancoe for Friday.

Leonard Davis of the Cardinals hasn't scheduled a trip because negotiations were heating up with at least three NFC East teams, including the Dallas Cowboys.

Ravens tackle Tony Pathos scheduled a visit to Jacksonville for Friday. Falcons fullback Justin Griffith plans to go to Tampa Bay. The ***** are expected to get a visit from Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas. The Redskins were expected to be working on Bills linebacker London Fletcher. Colts halfback Dominic Rhodes plans to visit the Giants. Bills cornerback Nate Clements was talking to the Browns, Titans, ***** and several other teams.
                                -03-02-2007, 02:50 AM
                              • Nick
                                Nick's Pre-Combine Three Round Mock Draft
                                by Nick
                                Along with my own thoughts about these prospects, I referred to five different sets of online rankings when making this projection. I tried to address team needs when possible but also took value into consideration. In regard to the team jerseys, I consulted team rosters to try and find available numbers; some numbers are currently taken by soon to be free agents. I expect some fans to be more happy about the projection than others, and I tried to provide some insight into what I was thinking for each pick in an attempt to justify everything. All in all for a pre-combine first day mock, I'm pretty satisfied for the way it turned out. Hope you enjoy!

ROUND ONE

1. Oakland Raiders: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

I think the Raiders would be well served going with Calvin Johnson here as well, because it looks as though Randy Moss and perhaps even Jerry Porter could be on the way out in Oakland. But despite playing behind a porous line, neither Aaron Brooks nor Andrew Walter looked like long-term answers at the quarterback position, so I think Russell is ultimately the pick here. It also doesn't hurt that the Raiders met with Tom Martinez, who was recently hired to work with Russell.

2. Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

The Lions could really use a franchise quarterback, so Brady Quinn is an option here. As is Joe Thomas, because if there's one thing a Mike Martz offensive scheme needs, it's quality protection. But Mike Martz isn't the head coach; Rod Marinelli is. And with a background in the Tampa 2 scheme, Marinelli understands how important the pass rush is to the success of his defense. I envision Rod building his team from the trenches and looking at a quick pass rushing end like Gaines Adams in round one.

3. Cleveland Browns: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

Romeo Crennel nearly lost his job after the 2006 campaign, and even though he stayed employed in Cleveland, you have to think that the leash is short and if he doesn't produce this season he's out the door. The defensive line is aging but it's likely too high to seriously think about Alan Branch. Joe Thomas is an option as well, but I believe the player that's likely going to give them the most immediate help at a position that needs upgrading is Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson, WR, GA Tech

It'll be hard to pass up on a tackle like Joe Thomas, but if you're going to let Thomas pass by, it's because there's a Calvin Johnson on the table. Johnson is very easily worth the #1 pick in this draft, and could be selected by the Raiders first overall. With 35-year-old Joey Galloway as their leading receiver and Michael Clayton failing to climb out of the slump he's been in for two years now, the Buccaneers would be wise to select him at fourth overall.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas,...
                                -02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
                              Working...
                              X