Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Av's 2015 Rams Draft Board (New Year's Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Av's 2015 Rams Draft Board (New Year's Edition)

A few days belated, below is my current top 20 prospects for the Rams.

I will update this a few times before the draft, typically after the major offseason events (Senior Bowl, Combine, initial FA signings, Pro-Days). I will also likely expand the list to 40 or 50 names.

So, here they are:

1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
    2. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    3. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    4. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
    5. Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
    6. La’el Collins, OT, LSU
    7. Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
    8. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
    9. Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State
    10. Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
    11. Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
    12. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
    13. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
    14. Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington
    15. P.J. Williams, CB, FSU
    16. Cedrick Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
    17. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
    18. Cameron Erving, C, FSU
    19. Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    20. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor

Re: Av's 2015 Rams Draft Board (New Year's Edition)

I like your list. Im not as high as you are on Collins and I would put Parker over White but thats Just my opinion. Also do you think we could draft an ILB like McKinney with our pick or would we play him as an OLB? Genuinely curious!

Comment

Originally posted by lostsoul View Post
      I like your list. Im not as high as you are on Collins and I would put Parker over White but thats Just my opinion. Also do you think we could draft an ILB like McKinney with our pick or would we play him as an OLB? Genuinely curious!
      What I like about McKinney is that he is fast enough to play OLB, but also is big enough (6'4, 249) to line up as an edge rusher on passing downs. I think Gregg Williams could do a lot with a guy like him.

Comment

Quick question: in the Hundley thread, you said you currently have him as a Round 2 prospect for the Rams, though that could change. So does that mean you project prospects #12-20 on your draft board as being Round 2 targets for the Rams, whereas #1-11 are first round guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Quick question: in the Hundley thread, you said you currently have him as a Round 2 prospect for the Rams, though that could change. So does that mean you project prospects #12-20 on your draft board as being Round 2 targets for the Rams, whereas #1-11 are first round guys?
          Not necessarily.

From a purely mathematical standpoint, the Rams are guaranteed an opportunity to select at least one of the players listed from #1-10 on my list, though it is likely that they would be able to choose from several of those players (on my current mock, for example, I only have the first 4 players listed going in the first 9 picks).

If the Rams were to drop down to pick No. 12, and my top 11 prospects were all gone, then (at least a this point) I would take Hundley at No. 12. Again, however, that scenario is unlikely, as my list is intended to by the Rams Draft Board, not an overall draft board. There are players I have not listed at all (mostly DL) who will probably be taken in the Top 10 picks, but would not be players I'd consider for the Rams.

The hope would be that at least one of the players listed would fall to the Rams in the Second Round (No. 41), but there is no guarantee of that happening.
          Last edited by AvengerRam_old; -01-07-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X