My preparations for draft weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My preparations for draft weekend

I'm thinking about wearing a jersey of a player the Rams drafted for the next five days in preparation for the draft. I'd go in chronological order, from earlier to latest, and if possible, over the last 4-5 years. I was thinking of doing '00 on Monday, '01 on Tues, '02 on Weds, '03 on Thurs, and '04 on Friday, but I don't have a jersey for anyone from '00, so I'm gonna have to wear a Holt jersey in recognition of '99.

So it would seem, if I actually do this, my week would look like this...

Monday (Today) - Torry Holt ('99)
    Tuesday - Adam Archuleta ('01)
    Wednesday - Eric Crouch ('02)
    Thursday - Pisa Tinoisamoa ('03)
    Friday - Steven Jackson ('04)

And yes, I'm dead serious about owning an Eric Crouch jersey. It's the pride of my collection.

Anyone else have any fun pre-draft preparations or superstitions they're getting ready to start?

Re: My preparations for draft weekend

Nick, i respect your ownership of the crouch jersey, but i am perplexed by the reference to it as "the pride of your collection." Do you not fear negative karma associated with wearing that jersey especially this week, given the Bust of that pick?

general counsel

Comment

Referring to it as the pride of my collection is half sarcasm, half truth. After all, who else has a jersey of an NFL player that's never played a down of actual regular season football? Perhaps it's me trying to be unique in my football attire. ;)

But perhaps you're right about the bust factor. Problem is I don't have any other jersey for someone from '02. And it's kind of funny to see the looks of the few people who actually know who Eric Crouch is and get the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by The Seiler Collection
        Monday (Today) - Torry Holt ('99)
        Tuesday - Adam Archuleta ('01)
        Wednesday - Eric Crouch ('02)
        Thursday - Pisa Tinoisamoa ('03)
        Friday - Steven Jackson ('04)
        "One of these things is not like the others, one of these just doesn't belong..."
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Hey, how often can Nick wear a jersey of a player who has the same amount of NFL experience as he does?

Comment

See? Now you guys are getting it!

Comment

NIck, dont wear the jersey to work, your boss will assume you are about to quit.

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                NIck, dont wear the jersey to work, your boss will assume you are about to quit.

general counsel
                -rimshot-. Don't miss General Counsel next Saturday at Bellagio's, tickets on sale now at the box office.

Comment

Nick, if you dont have another jersey from a player drafted in 2002, maybe you can just wear your hair in the travis fisher style as he looks like our most productive pick from that class.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

The real question is what jersey to wear on draft day itself. I'm thinking a throwback Youngblood or the authentic Bulger. Hard decision.

Comment

As for draft day, i personally favor a current ram. Pick your favorite, faulk, bulger, bruce, pace etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

I for one will be sporting my Leonard Little jersey. You all know what happen when I neglected to do so last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSeiler
                          The real question is what jersey to wear on draft day itself. I'm thinking a throwback Youngblood or the authentic Bulger. Hard decision.
                          Walk a different path...get a Chris Massey jersey. Pick #243 in 2002. He has outlasted 5 of the 7 picks ahead of him. Talk about value, not many 7th rounders as valuable as him.

Comment

Speaking of Eric Crouch, I have a friend that works at Hollywood Video who says that he still has some late fees to pay. Go figure.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Trevor
                              Anyone still wear their rams jersey?
                              by Trevor
                              I'm a Senior in high school, every week on friday i wear my rams jersey either Holt Bulger or Jackson. And i still did even though they were 0-8 and they would say THE RAMS SUCK! etc.. I would just ignore them and say at least im not wearing a steelers jersey ( Half the school wears steelers jersey many of them for the first time in their life ). Im gonna keep wearing them showing my support especially the week they play the steelers, and if they lose i'll still wear it! Does anyone still wear their rams jersey supporting the rams? I seen one guy at wal-mart wear theirs and its great to see Rams fan showing support!
                              -11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
                            • AvengerRam_old
                              Ordered my custom jersey!
                              by AvengerRam_old
                              Here's what it will look like:

Decided to go with #49 in honor of Rod Perry.

The reason(s)?

Well, the first time I played any kind of organized football, I was a CB and Rod Perry was the guy I pretended to be (and, of course, Perry was #49).

Also, in terms of "moments frozen in time," Rod Perry's near miss of the ball on Stallworth's TD in the Steelers Super Bowl is etched in my memory (in part, due to the famous SI cover). Despite the loss, my status as a proud Rams fan was set in stone after that season, and I've been looking for the Rams to "Avenge" that loss since (which they did, to an extent, in 1999).

The final reason is practical: NO CHANCE THAT MY JERSEY WILL BECOME OUTDATED (i.e. my Bruce and Holt jerseys!).

I'll be wearing the new jersey proudly on Opening Day!

Getting psyched!...
                              -08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
                            • Nick
                              Which Rams jersey will be the next one you purchase?
                              by Nick
                              You know the drill, people!
                              Sam Bradford (you mean you haven't bought one yet?)
                              21.28%
                              Steven Jackson (now you're REALLY behind!)
                              4.26%
                              Danario Alexander (Mizzou, baby!)
                              2.13%
                              Robert Quinn (Gotta have that 1st round pick jersey!)
                              4.26%
                              Chris Long (...rassum frassum number changes...)
                              10.64%
                              James Laurinaitis (This is madness? No, this is Rams Football!)
                              38.30%
                              Ron Bartell (Larry Fitzgerald's favorite)
                              4.26%
                              One of Our New Free Agents (Celebrate their signing right!)
                              2.13%
                              Other (please list)
                              12.77%
                              -08-02-2011, 09:19 AM
                            • tanus
                              Decide Which Rams Jersey I Buy This Year
                              by tanus
                              Hey guys, I have decided that I am going to buy a new RAMS jersey for this year. Since I already have a Faulk jersey, I need a defensive players jersey. My buddy is going to get an Arch jersey so pick one of the following players for me to get! And yes, I am extremely bored at work.
                              Leonard Little
                              11.76%
                              Ryan Pickett
                              0.00%
                              Jimmy Kennedy
                              5.88%
                              Bryce Fischer
                              0.00%
                              Jeremetrius Butler
                              5.88%
                              Travis Fisher
                              0.00%
                              Pisa Tinoisamoa
                              52.94%
                              Robert Thomas
                              0.00%
                              Tommy Polley
                              0.00%
                              Aeneas Williams
                              23.53%
                              -07-02-2004, 12:15 PM
                            • thoey
                              If you could have any Ram's Jersey...
                              by thoey
                              I have a buddy that just came back from a trip to Korea. One of the things he brought back was an "authentic" Cowboys jersey he bought for $15. I know it is not exactly what you would pay $200 for from NFL.COM, but it was the same heavy material, colors, emblems, patches, and all.

He is planning another trip there within the next month and I am thinking of getting a couple new jerseys. I figure I will go with someone current for one jersey. I already have an authentic Faulk, and replica's of Arch, Jackson, and Warner. I am thinking either Holt, Bruce, or Bulgar.

For the second jersey, I was thinking of a throwback. So, my question is, if you could have any Ram's jersey throughout history, which would it be?

I became a fan of the Ram's in the mid-seventies, so the names of Haden, Youngblood, Deacon, Dickerson all come to mind. But who do you think is that one person that symbolizes the Ram's?
                              -10-12-2005, 08:18 AM
                            Working...
                            X