• Height: 6’1
    • Weight: 215 lbs
    • September 3, 1993 (age 23 years)
    Receptions – Yards – Average – Long - Touchdowns
    2016 56 696 12.4 46 4
    2015 28 289 10.3 27 3
    2014 21 245 11.7 48 4
    2013 22 257 11.7 29 0
    • Good at finding holes in zone coverage and sitting down between defenders in open areas
    • Works back to the ball and attacks it instead of waiting for it to get to him
    • Absolutely a willing blocker
    • Lines up everywhere, but mostly at LWR
    • Can work all areas of the field, in the middle as well as intermediate and deep routes outside of the numbers
    • Incredible contested catch and fights for the TD vs UCLA
    • Will make some of the most impressive catches on tape
    • Very good at extending his arms and securing the catch with his hands plucking the ball out of the air. Maybe the best hands in the draft
    • Solid route runner who uses head fakes and sinks his hips to fake defenders
    • Never a #1 option
    • Not a ton of college production
    • Will be a 24 year old rookie

One of my sleepers in this draft, I really like Rogers. I would absolutely keep my eye on him in the middle rounds, and would love to see him added to the team as well. We need a guy with some sure mitts.

Hey sosa what would you think if we get both USC Wideouts Juju and Rogers? Could be a great basis for our future what round you see Rogers going in 4th or 5th? Kinda cool they would already be team mates and used to the coliseum you got to love that! Then we really could afford to try to move Tavon if the team has issues with his cap and tude.... We are desperate for good hands people in all phases of our offense! This kinda draft might set us up for not having to sign expensive Free Agents at the WR spot and go and get some line men etc. Lots of Running backs coming available in this FA market too! Saw like 10 good ones when they are healthy today on the NFL network.
    Last edited by Randart; -02-28-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randart View Post
      Hey sosa what would you think if we get both USC Wideouts Juju and Rogers? Could be a great basis for our future what round you see Rogers going in 4th or 5th? Kinda cool they would already be team mates and used to the coliseum you got to love that! Then we really could afford to try to move Tavon if the team has issues with his cap and tude.... We are desperate for good hands people in all phases of our offense! This kinda draft might set us up for not having to sign expensive Free Agents at the WR spot and go and get some line men etc. Lots of Running backs coming available in this FA market too! Saw like 10 good ones when they are healthy today on the NFL network.
      To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Juju. I don't see what's the big fuss about his game, to me I've got him ranked much lower than many others. I think Darreus Rogers is the superior player. I wouldn't double dip with the USC WR's, but I would absolutely double dip if not triple dip in this draft at WR.

I'd go WR in round 2, and at least once in the mid-late rounds, maybe twice.

Comment

So you think Rogers is going round 2 then? Cause most drafts I seen have Juju in round 2... The thing I like about Juju is his youth and ability to maybe grow into something really special in a couple years as he is so so young yet. So you would like Rogers and who is the other target on your list mate? If we go for 2 WR... I saw a report on NFL network that has our coach wanting Garcon more than Jackson cause of his versatility. This is going to be so much fun to see what our new staff and old scouting team come up with for draft and FA's.

Comment

So you think Rogers is going round 2 then? Cause most drafts I seen have Juju in round 2... The thing I like about Juju is his youth and ability to maybe grow into something really special in a couple years as he is so so young yet. So you would like Rogers and who is the other target on your list mate? If we go for 2 WR... I saw a report on NFL network that has our coach wanting Garcon more than Jackson cause of his versatility. This is going to be so much fun to see what our new staff and old scouting team come up with for draft and FA's.
          No, I think Juju will get over-drafted, probably in round 2, as for Rogers I think he's worth a day 2 pick, but I don't think he will be picked until day 3. I think specifically he'll run slow at the combine and his age (23) will scare some teams. I think ultimately Rogers gets drafted somewhere in day 3.

Comment

Thanks for spelling it our for me sosa always appreciate your thoughts and breakdowns bro! Combine days are here again... da da la la etc hehe

Comment

Thanks for spelling it our for me sosa always appreciate your thoughts and breakdowns bro! Combine days are here again... da da la la etc hehe
              I appreciate your reading and opinions. Don't worry about it, I'm always willing to elaborate my opinions

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sosa39rams
                Sosa's Scouting Report: WR Cooper Kupp
                by sosa39rams
                Cooper Kupp – WR – Eastern Washington
                • Height: 6’2
                • Weight: 215 lbs
                • June 15, 1993 (age 23 years)
                2016 117 1700 14.5 75 17
                2015 114 1642 14.4 78 19
                2014 104 1431 13.8 61 16
                2013 93 1691 18.2 63 21
                • Kupp lines up at every WR position. He has positional versatility
                • Tough player who will block and doesn’t mind contact
                • Incredible hands, extends arms and plucks the ball out of air with no issues
                • Can be schemed plays (screens, end arounds) to gain easy yardage
                • Has no trouble working all areas of the defense and can attack all angles
                • Route running ability is second to none, looks like a professional with precise routes that constantly keep him open
                • Kupp effectively eats cushions on DB’s and then makes a sharp cut to create great separation
                • Runs an array of routes, likely isn’t much that he cannot run
                • Can find holes in zone coverage and sit down in-between defenders
                • Dominated the senior bowl all week
                • Didn’t see too many contested catches or jump-ball ability
                • Age is a downfall
                • Speed is not his forte

Kupp is as polished as they come, he's looking to be a day 2 pick. I would certainly think the Rams are interested in a WR like Kupp.
                -01-30-2017, 04:15 PM
              • sosa39rams
                Sosa's Scouting Report: WR Juju Smith-Schuster
                by sosa39rams
                Juju Smith-Schuster – WR – USC
                • Weight: 220 lbs
                • November 22, 1996 (age 20 years)
                2016 70 914 13.1 67 10
                2015 89 1454 16.3 75 10
                2014 54 724 13.4 53 5
                • Has positional versatility, can line up at any receiver spot
                • Doesn’t mind blocking and will get in front of defenders face
                • Good at working on broken plays to work back to the QB or find an open area
                • Good sideline awareness, will get feet in bounds
                • Very tough player who looks to fight for more yardage and gain more YAC
                • Good athlete for a guy his size, can be schemed plays to create yardage
                • 2 beautiful touchdowns vs Arizona (one was YAC, one was jump ball 1 on 1)
                • Runs nice slants and hitches. Eats space on defenders and makes sharp cut to work towards the ball… creates good separation on these routes
                • Good vertical receiver with good deep speed
                • Didn’t see much in terms of getting off the press and working vs jam
                • Not much in terms of contested catches and jump ball situations
                • Hands are only good, not great

Juju is an interesting prospect. Obviously him being only 20 years old throughout 80% of his first NFL season is crazy and very attractive. I see a guy who belongs somewhere in day 2 and could absolutely help a team in the right role.
                -02-20-2017, 01:28 PM
              • sosa39rams
                Sosa's Scouting Report: WR John Ross
                by sosa39rams
                John Ross – WR – Washington
                • Height: 5’11
                • Weight: 190 lbs
                • November 27, 1994 (age 22)
                2016 81 1150 14.2 70 17
                2014 17 371 21.8 91 4
                2013 16 208 13.0 57 1
                • DB’s clearly fear his speed, play far off the LOS
                • Incredible athlete and absolutely one of the best in the class
                • Lines up both outside the numbers and in the slot
                • Ross can also play on ST’s
                • Demolishes the cushion DB’s give him with speed and glides past them to create easy separation
                • Elite deep weapon
                • Okay versus the jam, and if given a free release will absolutely kill you
                • TD vs Cal one of the most incredible individual plays I’ve ever seen
                • Ross is a very efficient and good route runner with no wasted movements
                • Very good hands that pluck the ball away from body
                • Small size is always a concern
                • Not much offered in terms of contested catches
                • Had open drop vs Cal
                Ross is going in round 1, and I still think he's somehow underrated. He reminds me of a DeSean Jackson clone, and will make some team VERY happy in round 1.
                -02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
              • sosa39rams
                Sosa's Scouting Report: WR Isaiah Ford
                by sosa39rams
                Isaiah Ford – WR – Virginia Tech
                • Weight: 190 lbs
                • February 9, 1996 (age 21 years)
                2016 79 1094 13.8 53 7
                2015 75 1164 15.5 75 11
                2014 56 709 12.7 33 6
                • Positional flexibility and will line up at multiple receiver positions
                • Ford gets in pretty good position and will block
                • Good at releasing with not many struggles vs press, will use fancy footwork to free himself
                • Great at using speed to minimalize cushions on DB’s and creates separation deep
                • Has good field awareness and will get feet in bounds before stepping out
                • Drew multiple PI’s on vertical routes
                • Excellent deep threat
                • Ford typically has good hands and catches away from the body… Will also bring down some contested catches
                • So good at using his outside release and speed to set defenders up and open their hips to begin running deep with him and plants his foot to make a strong cut and create huge separation on a slant
                • Can execute a back shoulder fade
                • So good at drawing PI penalties
                • Drop resulted in a INT vs Boston College
                • Didn’t see Ford run too many routes
                • His weight is a little light
                Ford is a really awesome and fun prospect, and I think he's in PRIME play for the Rams at the top of the 2nd round and 3rd round.
                -02-20-2017, 04:10 PM
              • sosa39rams
                Sosa's Scouting Report: WR Chris Godwin
                by sosa39rams
                Chris Godwin – WR – Penn State
                • Height: 6’1
                • Weight: 205 lbs
                • February 27, 1996 (age 20)
                2016 59 982 16.6 72 11
                2015 69 1101 16.0 56 5
                2014 26 338 13.0 72 2
                • Has a good release, has no issues getting off the LOS and with the press
                • Had trouble making contested catches against Michigan, drew a PI
                • Very tough and physical blocker who is not afraid of contact
                • Had a beautiful contested TD grab vs Indiana
                • Good route runner with the ability to be a great one
                • He is smooth, and can attack all areas of the field, specifically deep down the sidelines
                • Has no trouble lining up in the slot or either side outside of the numbers
                • Looks to give full effort every play
                • Iffy with contested catches, he’ll make some, and some he won’t
                • Not great speed, will need to win in the NFL with good hands and route running ability

I think Godwin will be a solid NFL starter. He's probably going to be a day 2/early day 3 pick (Rounds 2-4, likely 3-4) and he will contribute day 1 for a team. I'd love to see us draft him.
                -01-10-2017, 05:34 PM
              Working...
              X