Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 FREE AGENCY: CB Bouye going to Jacksonville for $67.5M ($26M guaranteed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 FREE AGENCY: CB Bouye going to Jacksonville for $67.5M ($26M guaranteed)

Adam Schefter‏
    Verified account @AdamSchefter 27s28 seconds ago

AJ Bouye is getting 5-Years, $67.5M, $26M Fully Guaranteed - $13.5M Per Year, per Michael Wright.
    If you're Trumaine, you have to be loving these contracts.

Yeah. And he got 14 last year, and is set to make 17 this year.... so in a way, he's already been getting that type of money. His biggest concern at this point has got to be injury.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rammiser
      I'm beginning to hate free agency.
      by rammiser
      Free agency is getting out of control. As I watch average player after average player get signed to record deals and the really good ones get even more it really is out of control. This is something the NFL should look into. I dont know how they can do it but they need to figure this out. Performaced based maybe? Do you think the Whiners believe Clements is worth his contract from last year. He's a nice player sure but he's not worth more money than Bailey. It's just getting out of control every year the free agents get rediculous contracts that set the price tag for an even higher payoff the next year. Most of the time it isnt even worth what you paid. The draft is almost the same way, the number one pick get all this money and for what? Being the best college player? I like the NBA's system where there is a cap on how much you can make based on how long you've been in the league. It can be tough on older vets but it's not getting out of control anymore. I want the Rams to get some good players but I hate to see them get an average player for top tier money and that is free agency in a nutshell.
      -02-29-2008, 12:35 PM
    • eldfan
      Frustrated by free agency so far? Patience
      by eldfan
      by VanRam on Mar 5, 2010

Anyone thinking the St. Louis Rams would move as fast this year in free agency as they did last year is bound to be a little disappointed. I can only counsel patience.

Last year, the stars aligned a little better for the Rams in free agency. They had some prime targets that directly addressed important needs for the team. C Jason Brown was on the radar immediately, with the team setting up a meeting within 48 hours of the start of free agency. They worked out a deal with CB Ron Bartell, who was an unrestricted free agent, within a week. There was talk about signing SS James Butler in the early days of free agency too, but the team didn't reach a deal with him until two weeks into free agency.

This time around it's not so easy. None of the big names in FA to sign thus far, less than 24 hours in, would have been good fits for the Rams. Nate Burleson, not exactly the WR we're in need of. Did you see how much the Bears gave Julius Peppers? That wasn't realistic for the Rams.

Here's a pretty telling point from Mike Sando today: of the 43 unrestricted free agents with a Pro Bowl appearance, only one is younger than 29-years-old.

The hardest pill to swallow is the report that the Seahawks are bringing in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall for a visit. Marshall, a RFA, would cost a first round pick, if signed away from the Broncos. Seattle has two of those.

All is not lost. If you're starting to despair that A.J. Feeley might be the only roster move the Rams make, be patient. It's telling that the Rams had scheduled a visit with RB Darren Sproles during the brief window when it looked like he would be a free agent.

As for trades, I expect the Rams to at least explore some options via that route, but those take time to hammer out deals.
      -03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
    • Nick
      2017 FREE AGENCY: Pats give CB Gilmore $65M ($40M guaranteed)
      by Nick
      Not like the Pats to make big free agent splashes but this is a quality get for them....
      -03-09-2017, 01:11 PM
    • ramsplaya16
      Smart teams spend little in free agency/Gosselin
      by ramsplaya16
      Smart NFL teams spend little in free agency

I love what the Green Bay Packers have done thus far in free agency.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The Packers haven't signed any players in free agency nor have they lost any. The Indianapolis Colts also haven't signed any players.

Football is figuring out what baseball discovered in the 1970s you can't buy a championship. Which is contrary to public perception.

There's a frenzy in the fan bases of 32 NFL teams each off-season. Spend. Buy free agents. The bigger the contract, the better the signing. If you're not spending, you're not trying to get better as a football team.

Au contraire.

The Green Bay Packers haven't panicked in free agency at the thought of Aaron Rodgers or another quarterback in charge. The Cowboys, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco ***** and Seattle Seahawks each signed a free agent to a contract in excess of $39 million last off-season. In addition, the Washington Redskins gave aging middle linebacker London Fletcher a $10 million signing bonus, and the Jacksonville Jaguars gave journeyman offensive tackle Tony Pashos another for $9 million.

All the while, the New York Giants were sitting out the spending spree. To borrow a Jerry Jones term, the Giants were "keeping their powder dry."

The Giants wound up signing one free agent to fill a specific hole on the depth chart, bottom feeding in late March for linebacker Kawika Mitchell. They gave him a modest one-year, $1 million deal.

Mitchell is now wearing a Super Bowl ring and 2007 multi-millionaires Leonard Davis (Cowboys), Eric Steinbach (Browns), Nate Clements (*****), Patrick Kerney (Seahawks), Fletcher and Pashos are not.

In 2006, the Indianapolis Colts signed only one free agent, and he wasn't even a position player kicker Adam Vinatieri. The Colts wound up winning the Super Bowl.

In 2005, the Pittsburgh Steelers also signed only one free agent wide receiver Cedrick Wilson to a four-year deal worth less than $10 million. He didn't even start for the Steelers. But guess who won the Super Bowl that year?

Free agency never has been and never will be the answer. Teams are realizing the game's best players no longer become free. So the smart teams invest their salary cap dollars in re-signing their own players.

Back in the 1990s, you could sign a difference-maker like Reggie White or Deion Sanders in free agency. But with each passing year, the quality of free agents decreases, yet the quantity of the money increases.

I had breakfast with an NFL head coach last week, and he shook his head at the fiscal craziness, saying that average players are getting superstar money.

There were 112 players signed in free agency through the end of business last week....
      -03-21-2008, 09:22 AM
    • rammiser
      My keeper list
      by rammiser
      1st string
      QB-Bulger, but we need to draft a young gun.
      RB-Jackson
      WR-Avery
      WR-Draft or free agency
      LOT-Draft or free agency
      ROT-Draft or free agency
      RG-Draft or free agency
      C-Draft or free agency
      LG-Draft or free agency
      TE-Mcmichael

Back ups
      QB-Hopefully a good rookie
      RB-Pittman, and Darby can fill this role but we may need to draft another.
      WR-Burton
      WR-Stanley
      WR-Draft, or free agency
      OT-Barron,Greco
      OG-Incognito,Bell,Schuening
      C-Lecckey,Romberg
      TE-Fells I'd like to see him develop,Darft another or free agency

Defense
      Starters

LDE-Draft or free agency
      RDE-Long
      LDT-Carriker
      RDT-Draft or free agency
      OLB-Witherspoon
      MLB-Draft or free agency
      OLB-Draft or free agency
      CB-Bartell
      CB-Draft or free agency
      SS-Draft or free agency
      FS--Otogwe

Backups
      LDE-Little as a rotation guy and Draft or free agency
      RDE-Adeyanju
      LDT-Ryan
      RDT-Draft or free agency
      OLB-Tinoisamoa and Draft or free agency
      MLB-Draft or free agency
      OLB-Culberson and Draft or free agency
      CB-Manning,Brown,King and Draft or free agency
      SS-Johnson or Draft or free agency
      FS-Draft or free agency

K-Brown
      P-Jones

So as you can see this team has tons of needs, like we didnt know that already. So now its time to play fill in the blanks. Let's be realistic we wont be able to fill all these needs in next years draft so we may have to play mix and match with some of the heartless guys we have now. This is more than a one year rebuild this may take 2 or 3 years to be respectable again.
      -11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
    Working...
    X