Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No center in free agency - what then to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No center in free agency - what then to do?

If we do not land a free agent center capable of starting, in which round should we draft a center? Sixth and seventh round picks are usually developmental picks - not a great place to find a starting center. Thoughts?

My favourite center in the draft is Pat Elflein from OSU, but I wouldn't take him in round 2 and I don't really think he's going to be available in round 3. That brings us a conundrum. Groy would have been a nice add because then we don't need to draft based on need. Maybe explore a trade (unlikely) or even kick the tires on a Nick Mangold?

Or, wait until day 3 of the draft and take a guy in rounds 4-7 (most likely outcome IMO).

Comment

I have the Rams taking Tyler Orlosky (West Virginia) at the top of the 4th in my mock. That might be wishful thinking, but I think he could come in and play.

I'd love Elflein (or Bocic of LSU), but I agree with Sosa - 37th pick is a bit too soon, but third round may be too late to get either.

Comment

Need to have a Center that could protect Goff from getting sacked! As really think they need to get a C in the second or third round.
        Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

Comment

I do not care we take the best top rated Center in the draft I would still like a Vet to be here to start and give the kid center a chance to learn a bit before he goes under fire from the front 7's of this league. I think it takes time for them to grow into it even the very best. But that is my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
            My favourite center in the draft is Pat Elflein from OSU, but I wouldn't take him in round 2 and I don't really think he's going to be available in round 3. That brings us a conundrum. Groy would have been a nice add because then we don't need to draft based on need. Maybe explore a trade (unlikely) or even kick the tires on a Nick Mangold?

Or, wait until day 3 of the draft and take a guy in rounds 4-7 (most likely outcome IMO).
            Negative. Center is a key position on the o-line, second after LT and this has been an issue for this team for years. Time to make an investment and draft the best possible Center in the draft, which is Elflein. Take him at #37 and go from there.

Comment

Working...
            X