No announcement yet.

Top 10 Free Agent Targets for 2018

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Free Agent Targets for 2018

Here is my list of the Top 10 outside Free Agents (pre-March cuts) who I believe would be good fits for the Rams:

1. Dontari Poe, NT, Falcons
    The Rams need a true NT. Poe is the best one on the market. He signed a one-year "prove it" deal with the Falcons last year. While he played well, I don't think he earned a top dollar deal that would necessarily take him outside of the Rams' price range. The idea of a front 3 of Poe, Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers is very intriguing.

2. Demario Davis, ILB, Jets
    I think Davis, who had a breakout year in 2017 (135 tackles, 5 sacks) would be a real upgrade over undersized Mark Barron. At age 29, he's still got 2-3 prime years left. Applying the $7M that could be saved by releasing Barron to a deal for Davis would make this very affordable.

3. Kyle Fuller, CB, Bears
    The Rams are going to have a lot of work to do at the CB spot with two FAs (Trumaine Johnson, Nikel Robey-Coleman) and a player recovering from two surgeries (Kayvon Webster). Fuller is young and talented, and started coming into his own in 2017. He could be a long-term solution at one of the CB spots.

4. Bennie Logan, NT, Chiefs
    Logan is my Plan B at NT. He’s a solid run stopper who has plenty of tread left on the tires.

5. Star Lotulelei, NT, Panthers
    Plan C at NT. I guess you’ve figured out that I think the Rams need a NT.

6. Aaron Colvin, CB, Jaguars
    Colvin is similar to Kayvon Webster – a quality player buried below elite talent and, hopefully, ready for a bigger role.

7. Weston Richburg, C, Giants
    If the Rams want to get younger at the C spot, Richburg could be a good option. I don’t know that he’s better than John Sullivan, but he’s probably a better long-term prospect.

8. Navorro Bowman, ILB, Raiders
    Bowman may have a couple of good years left in him, and he’d be the “thumper” in the middle that the Rams’ defense lacks.

9. Jack Mewhort, OT/OG, Colts
    Mewhort’s once promising career has been derailed by injuries, but he’s still young enough to turn things around. The Rams could be a good spot for him, as he could provide depth at multiple positions and, if he can return to full health, potentially replace Andrew Whitworth one day.

10. Alfred Morris, RB, Cowboys
    A guy like Morris could help Todd Gurley make it to the postseason with fresh legs. He’s a reliable runner who can move the chains. He’s not a huge upgrade over Malcolm Brown but, for the right price, could be worth adding to the stable.

Conspicuous by his absence: Malcolm Butler, CB, Patriots
    While (despite his poor Super Bowl) Butler is a quality player who I wouldn’t mind having, I’m confident that his price tag will be too high for what he brings to the table.

Given the recent developments with Sammy Watkins, I’d add Allen Robinson and Paul Richardson.

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
      Given the recent developments with Sammy Watkins, I’d add Allen Robinson and Paul Richardson.
      With allen Robinson gone, and Paul Richardson not a good compliment to Woods, I notimate

1. D. Inman as next best target for us.

I'd love to bring in Bennie Logan, Navarro Bowman, and finally Trent Murphy to close our defense.

For offense I think bringing in a veteran OT for insurance is crucial plus diamond in rough WR. People have mentioned Inman which would be intriguing. I'd be willing to bet a trade for someone like Marty Bryant or Mike Mitchell is in the works.