Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Av's Rams 2018 Rams Draft Board (Version 4.0) - Planning for Round 3 and Beyond!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Av's Rams 2018 Rams Draft Board (Version 4.0) - Planning for Round 3 and Beyond!

This is tough...

Wit
    h no pick in the first two rounds, I've cut off the top of my previous board, eliminating players who I believe will definitely be gone within the first 50 selections.

With that... here are 25 prospects I like who could be there when the Rams make their picks in Rounds 3-6:

* Denotes player that the Rams have reportedly met with.
    1. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma*
    2. Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
    3. Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
    4. Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia*
    5. Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas
    6. Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State
    7. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon*
    8. Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
    9. Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn
    10. Skyler Phillips, OG, Idaho State
    11. Dorance Armstrong, EDGE, Kansas*
    12. Javon Rolland-Jones, EDGE, Arkansas State
    13. Will Richardson, OT, NC State
    14. Will Clapp, C/OG, LSU
    15. Wyatt Teller, OG, VaTech
    16. Uchenna Nwosu, LB, USC
    17. Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa*
    18. Mike McCray, LB, Michigan
    19. Christian Sam, ILB, Arizona State
    20. Geron Christian, OT, Louisville
    21. Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi*
    22. Shaquem Griffin, EDGE, Central Florida
    23. Terrell Edmunds, FS, VaTech
    24. Tray Matthews, SS, Auburn
    25. Jason Cabinda, ILB, Penn State
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-18-2018, 09:56 AM.

Good board, but you're only listing 1 rb and I suspect the Rams might have a few more in their sights. There's a prospect from Iowa whom I've seen in mocks the Rams picking in round 3 or 4. I've also seen your early fave Dante Pettis WR going to us in round 4. I wish Frank Ragnow would be there but he's rising pretty fast. 3 Auburn players, Les would be very pleased.

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by mde8352gorams View Post
      Good board, but you're only listing 1 rb and I suspect the Rams might have a few more in their sights.

There's a prospect from Iowa whom I've seen in mocks the Rams picking in round 3 or 4.
      Akrum Wadley. Yes, I'd say he's a potential fit. I like Rashaad Penny, SDSU, but wouldn't be surprised to see him gone before the Rams make their pick. I also like Nyheim Hines, NC State.

I've also seen your early fave Dante Pettis WR going to us in round 4.
      With the addition of Cooks, I'd be surprised to see the Rams take a WR before Round 6.

I wish Frank Ragnow would be there but he's rising pretty fast.
      He could be there in Round 3. After that, I'd be surprised if the Rams get a shot at him.

3 Auburn players, Les would be very pleased.
      LOL. I guess so! Just a coincidence, though.

One player, not on my board, who I've read that the Rams are meeting with and who could be an interesting fit is SS thumper, Dane Cruikshank, Arizona.

Comment

Agree with all your points. In truth if there's and edge rusher the Rams like at #87 I think they'll go that direction before any other spot.

With the release of Webster, CB should be a consideration.

Go Rams!
        Last edited by mde8352gorams; -04-11-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

AV, I see that your draft board is heavy on offensive line and inside linebackers. With all things being equal, what position should the Rams address with their first pick?

Comment

I'd say (1) EDGE, (2) ILB, (3) OT, (4) C/G.

Comment

Shaq Griffin. I just think he will be a difference maker day one. Av, Do you think if he had 2 hands he would be a 1st round pick?
              sigpicMaybe not now, but soon.

Comment

Originally posted by badmoforamfan View Post
                Shaq Griffin. I just think he will be a difference maker day one. Av, Do you think if he had 2 hands he would be a 1st round pick?
                He'd still be a bit of a 'tweener (size of a SS, plays OLB), but I think he'd certainly be a Day 2 pick.

Comment

A few notes on some players not on my board...

Two EDGE rushers I like, but did not include because I don't expect them to last are Georgia's Lorenzo Carter (who Nick has falling to the Rams in his latest mock) and Rutgers' Kemoko Turay. I'd probably rate Carter just ahead of Okoronkwo and Turay right behind Hubbard.

Tyrell Crosby, who I have at #7, seems to be getting a lot of buzz. I would not be surprised if he is gone in Round 2.

Justin Lawler of SMU is a guy I believe the Rams have met with. He's an EDGE who could be available with one of the Rams' 6th round picks.

I've been considering whether there could be potential "board busters": guys who I don't have on the board because of their position or because I believe they are likely to go in the top 50-60 picks, but could drop and cause me to favor a player outside my board. Carter is one. Another could be Tim Settle, NT, VaTech. While NT is now a low priority spot, if he were to drop to #87, I'd be very tempted (particularly when you consider that Suh is on a one-year deal). The one guy who could drop due to Red Flags, and would be a total boom/bust prospect, is Arden Key.
                  Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-16-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X