Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in remaining unsigned veteran FAs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in remaining unsigned veteran FAs?

Here is a list of veterans who still are without a team after the draft.

Any interest? (this is a multi-choice poll)
    Dez Bryant, WR (29)
    0%
    Junior Galette, OLB/EDGE (30)
    33.33%
    Johnathan Hankins, DT (26)
    0%
    NaVorro Bowman, ILB (29)
    44.44%
    Connor Barwin, OLB/EDGE (31)
    33.33%
    Eric Reid, S (26)
    0%
    Kenny Vaccaro, S (27)
    0%
    Tre Boston, S (26)
    0%
    Nah... we're good with what we have.
    33.33%

Barwin, strictly for mentoring & depth purposes and locker room presence.

Go Rams!

Comment

I wouldn't mind any of those players minus Bryant on 1 year veteran min deal. Anytime you can supplement the roster with a problem veteran nd it doesn't breakthe bank... you do it.

this hotthe Patriots do every year. I suspect you'll see at least 1 veteran picked up after Donald signs his extension.

Comment

I know he's not on your list, but Mychal Kendricks was just released by the Eagles. I would definitely be interested in kicking the tires there to see if he could be an option as an ILB for this defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          I know he's not on your list, but Mychal Kendricks was just released by the Eagles. I would definitely be interested in kicking the tires there to see if he could be an option as an ILB for this defense.
          Yeah.... Kendricks was not a FA when I posted this, but now that he's on the market, he would be a tempting option, particularly with Barron still recovering from a couple of offseason surgeries.

I'd also give 50/50 odds that Barwin will return. He was apparently seen recently working out with Aaron Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            I too would be interested in seeing Kendricks with the Rams. I was liking him for the Rams last year when I read that he wasn't getting the love in Jim Schwartz's 4-3 system as he was thought to be better suited for a 3-4 system like ours. Having said this, I'm not sensing the Rams have the cap space to go after him. We do have Baron and just drafted Micah Kiser for ILB plus Littleton is on the roster already. He'd be great to add, but the money and roster spots may not work.

Go Rams!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam
              Post-Draft FA Bargain Basket: Any Interest?
              AvengerRam
              Any interest in these remaining FAs?

(Multi-choice poll)
              Nick Mangold, C, Jets
              25.00%
              Mario Williams, DE/OLB, Bills
              10.00%
              Orlando Franklin, OG, Chargers
              25.00%
              King Dunlap, OT, Chargers
              0%
              Jairus Byrd, S, Saints
              10.00%
              Erik Walden, OLB, Colts
              0%
              Elvis Dumervil, OLB, Falcons
              25.00%
              Tre Boston, S, Panthers
              5.00%
              Ryan Clady, OT, Jets
              0%
              -05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
            • r8rh8rmike
              Rams Mailbag: Heading Toward Free Agency
              r8rh8rmike
              Rams mailbag: Heading toward free agency

February, 28, 2015
              By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We're still a little more than a week from the start of free agency, but teams have already begun slashing players from the roster to create salary-cap space.

As always, you can shoot me questions at any time using hashtag #RamsMail to my Twitter handle @nwagoner. Let's get to it.

Randy Mathew Smith @RandyMSmith1986
              @nwagoner do you see Bradford actually taking any kind of pay cut? Team has basically given him all leverage to say no to cut. #RamsMail

@nwagoner: Right now, these are two sides engaged in a game of chicken. I think Sam Bradford is probably more willing to take a pay cut than his agent is, but it's also his agent's job to get him the best deal. There's no firm deadline on when something has to happen. Bradford has a lot of leverage, but the Rams have at least a little because they can theoretically just keep him at his current rate, make other moves to create cap space and go from there. I think when all is said and done, the two sides will be able to work something out. It's what's best for both.

Alex Stevenson @AStevie33
              @nwagoner How will the TE position look next season? Will Kendricks be back? Should we expect Harkey to have an expanded role? #RamsMail

@nwagoner: It's a good question and there could be some change there. I think the Rams would like to have Lance Kendricks back, but I'm not sure that he will be. Scuttle in Indianapolis was that Kendricks could command something in the range of $4 million per season. I'm not sure the Rams would be willing to go to those lengths to make it happen. Cory Harkey is a restricted free agent, but I'd be very surprised if he's not back. With Harkey and Jared Cook back, there could be room for an expanded role for youngsters such as Justice Cunningham and Alex Bayer.

Jason S @JKermit44
              @nwagoner if mariota, cooper, and schreff are still there who do you take? #Ramsmail

@nwagoner: First, I don't think there's any chance that all three players are available at No. 10. I'd be surprised if more than one was there then, and it wouldn't surprise me if all three were gone. But for the Rams' purposes, I'd prioritize Marcus Mariota of the three. I don't know how he'll work out in the NFL and I wonder about the Rams' ability to develop him, but I think a guy like Chris Weinke really bolsters their ability to maximize him. Honestly, any of those three would be a great pick, in my opinion. The Rams would be lucky to have any of them.

Hubert Hsu @hubestar65
              @nwagoner Nick, how easy is it to find a big run-clogging DT playing next to Donald esp. considering Brockers's impending FA? #Ramsmail

@nwagoner: Well, before Michael Brockers, it was pretty difficult for the Rams. I don't think those...
              -02-28-2015, 10:34 AM
            • AvengerRam
              Should the Rams release Kayvon Webster?
              AvengerRam
              Webster was obviously a guy who Phillips wanted, and he played fairly well when he was healthy in 2017, but...

He tore his Achilles late in the season, and could very well be a PUP candidate for the start of the year, and...

The Rams could save about $3M in cap space by releasing him/reaching an injury settlement.

I see merit in the "keep Webster" argument, as he could be a nice mid-late season "reinforcement" as the Rams enter a playoff run, but...

If that money would allow us to, for example, re-sign Nickel Robey-Coleman, I'd probably consider it.

Thoughts?
              -03-02-2018, 02:10 PM
            • AvengerRam
              Rating the Offseason - Part 3: Pre-Draft FA Acquisitions/Trades (Poll 3 of 5)
              AvengerRam
              With just over 3 weeks until the draft, it appears that (barring a trade involving Trumaine Johnson or the signing of a veteran center) the Rams are done making FA acquisitions and significant trades.

Here is the list of players acquired:

OT Andrew Whitworth
              CB Kayvon Webster
              RB Lance Dunbar
              OLB Connor Barwin
              QB Aaron Murray
              DL Tyrunn Walker
              WR Robert Woods
              C John Sullivan
              CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

So... how did we do?
              Great job. Major influx of talent!
              0%
              Good job. Upgraded talent and depth.
              47.62%
              Fair job. Slight improvement/offset departing players.
              52.38%
              Poor job. Net decline in talent.
              0%
              Horrible. Overspent for players who won't help win games.
              0%
              -04-04-2017, 08:36 AM
            • AvengerRam
              20 Random Start of FA Thoughts, by RFE
              AvengerRam
              1. Andrew Whitworth is a great addition (and not just because I mentioned the concept weeks ago!)

2. Robert Woods could have some upside. At least he knows how to run patterns and catch the ball.

3. Still need more at WR.

4. I really hope that the Rams dip into the great TE pool in the draft. O.J. Howard is likely out of reach, but David Njoku, Evan Engram, Bucky Hodges, Gerald Everett and Jordan Leggett are all possible targets (add Jake Butt to the list if he can make a rapid recovery from ACL surgery).

5. Lance Kendricks was an easy decision. He never lived up to his potential, and was taking up too much cap space.

6. Tim Barnes... gone. Good move. Mediocre is not good enough.

7. At center, I think there are some draft options, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Nick Mangold on a 1-2 year deal. I think he still has some gas left in the tank, and could help provide leadership along with Whitworth.

8. Eugene Sims and William Hayes also made sense as cap clearing moves. I really like the idea of an Easley-Brockers-Donald DL.

9. I really don't know what to expect with Trumaine Johnson. Seems like it may be too much to hope for that the Rams will find someone who is willing to give up a Top 60 pick AND pay his price tag (even if a long term deal can be reached).

10. A couple of ex, or soon to be ex-Eagles who could fit on the Rams new D are Connor Barwin and Mychal Kendricks.

11. I've been pretty critical of Greg Robinson, but I'm really hoping he can find his role at OG.

12. I suspect Benny Cunningham will end up elsewhere. I like him, but you can find a guy like him on Day 3 of the draft for less money.

13. If the Rams can obtain one more interior OL in FA, I could see them going WR/TE or TE/WR in Rounds 2/3.

14. Of course, CB might still be a target, depending on TruJ.

15. The apparent decision to keep Rodger Saffold makes sense. Yes, he's injured too frequently, but when he plays, he's a solid player.

16. Every year at this time, I am reminded when I surf Twitter for breaking news just how stupid the average sports fan is.

17. If I had a dollar for every person who, after 6-8 hours of FA, was condemning the Rams (or other teams) for failing to do enough in FA, I'd have enough money to sign a top-notch FA.

18. So who is happier this morning... Jared Goff or Todd Gurley?

19. Its the offseason, but... EVERY TIME I THINK I'M OUT THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!

20. Stay tuned...
              -03-10-2017, 07:57 AM
            Working...
            X