X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Av's FINAL 2019 7 Round Rams Mock

Here's my final projection:

Round 1(31): Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
    After much deliberation, I知 sticking with Lawrence as my pick for the Rams. I知 not certain he値l be there, but if he is, I think the opportunity to get a guy who could single-handedly improve the run defense (which was a problem for much of 2018), would be too good to pass up. If he痴 gone, I壇 say Jerry Tillery of Notre Dame is a strong possibility (provided that the Rams want to move Michael Brockers back to NT), and my 努ild cards would be Erik McCoy, C/OG, Texas A&M and Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State. Lawrence is my guy, though, so I知 hoping to see him next to Aaron Donald next Fall. Alternate: Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Round 3(94): Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
    I previously had Bunting going late to the Rams, but I think he値l be taken on Day 2. If the Rams could snag him here, they壇 have a CB with nice size (60, 195) and very good speed (4.42) to team up with Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters in 2019, and move into a starting spot in the future. You can never have too many quality CBs. Alternate: David Long, CB, Michigan

Round 3(99): Nate Davis, OL, North Carolina-Charlotte
    This is a bit of an under-the-radar pick. Davis played at a smaller school and had a few issues in his college career, but has emerged as a sleeper pick for many. He spent most of his career at OT in college, but projects as an OG. I believe he could compete for Austin Blythe痴 spot right away, and would bring more size (316 lbs) to the position. The Rams had a private workout with Davis, so he痴 at least on their radar. Alternate: Connor McGovern, OG, Penn State

Round 4(133): David Long, LB, West Virginia
    Another guy who was on my previous mock, but at a later spot. My thinking on Long is that, while the Rams may want to incorporate bigger players at the ILB position (Matthews, Kiser), there are also situations in which they would prefer to have a guy who is more like Mark Barron a hybrid player who has the speed to keep up with TEs and RBs coming out of the backfield. Long (4.45 forty) has that kind of speed. He also could be used in blitz packages, as he excelled in that area. Alternate: Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida

Round 5 (169): Will Harris, S, Boston College
    Despite having signed Erik Weddle, the Rams have shown a lot of interest in safeties, having met with many prospects. I think this is due to (1) Weddle痴 age, and (2) the desire to have strong DB depth. Harris would join his fellow Boston College alum, John Johnson, and brings great size (61, 207) and speed (4.41). Alternate: Sheldrick Redwine, S, Miami

Round 6(203): Kerryth Whyte, Jr., RB/KR, Florida Atlantic
    I believe that Sean McVay would like to add a guy who can provide additional big play potential to the offense. Whyte is a speedster (4.37 forty) who had TDs of 77 and 75 yards last year. He would immediately have a role as the KR, and could be a nice change of pace for the RB corps.Alternate: Tony Pollard, RB/WR/KR, Memphis

Round 7(251): Malik Reed, EDGE, Nevada
    I think the Rams are reasonably well set at the EDGE spot for 2019, with a depth chart that included Dante Folwer, Samson Ebukam, Clay Matthews (if he doesn稚 line up inside) and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. Reed would be a guy who would likely be more of a 途edshirt/special teams ace as a rookie, but could ascend in the future. Alternate: Curtis Atkins, OLB, Memphis

Thanks for posting your mock AV. With Ramik and Hager remaining unsigned and Kiser presumably promoting to the starting group, the Rams definitely need some talent to fill in on special teams. So the chances of the Rams snagging a speedy linebacker like David Long, and/or guys like Reed on the 3rd day, are really high imo. I expect a bunch of undrafted guys to be brought in too.

Go Rams

Comment

What is your opinion about Hjalte Froholdt? I would love to have a Dane playing for the Rams and I think we need OL help.

Comment

Originally posted by clarasDK View Post
        What is your opinion about Hjalte Froholdt? I would love to have a Dane playing for the Rams and I think we need OL help.
        Day 3 prospect. Strikes me as a guy who will most likely fit as a utility backup on the interior OL (can play OG and C).

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

Day 3 prospect. Strikes me as a guy who will most likely fit as a utility backup on the interior OL (can play OG and C).
          Thanks for input, it will be interesting to see if he will be the first Dane to be drafted to the NFL since Morten Andersen in 1986. I surely hope that he does not end up with a team that I hate

Comment

Originally posted by clarasDK View Post

Thanks for input, it will be interesting to see if he will be the first Dane to be drafted to the NFL since Morten Andersen in 1986. I surely hope that he does not end up with a team that I hate
            Damn the patsies took him

I hope he goes 0-16 his first season

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X