This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Kurt "Jump the Shark"

Wow... a poll feature!?!!? I've never done a poll before! I think I'll try one!
    When he threw the first interception against the Pats in the Super Bowl.
    28.57%
    When he injured his hand in 2001.
    28.57%
    When he said, "sure Brenda, I think it would be a great if you did talk radio!"
    0.00%
    When he made the "criticized for reading the Bible" comment.
    0.00%
    When he did the Chuncky Soup commercials.
    0.00%
    When cheated on Rachel while they were "on a break"...oh, wait.. that was "Friends."
    28.57%
    When, feeling playful after a win in New Orleans, he did his Mike Martz impression, only to be caught by the unamused coach.
    14.29%

Re: When did Kurt "Jump the Shark"

Now that Kurt Warner is no longer a Ram, I don think this is appropriate material for the ClanRam forum

Comment

Re: When did Kurt "Jump the Shark"

That's hilarious.

Actually, (and I am a fan formerly known as a Warnerite) I vividly remember that although we slaughtered the Packers in the first playoff game of 2001, we got like 10 interceptions from the "D", and Kurt and the offense were not clicking that day...

Not clicking vs. the Eagles or the Pats either. (Ok maybe a bit in the 4th quarters of both).

So I would say he jumped the shark when he played the Pack.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• moklerman
        Poll: Kurt Warner sub sub forum
        by moklerman
        With all of the bologna that goes along with being a Kurt Warner supporter and all of the lost tolerance and lost interest by many Rams fans I suggest adding a sub-forum somewhere on the board.

It is apparent that topics about him quickly and intentionally devolve into negative, spiteful and personal arguments and to that end, I would like to offer my services as a moderator in the proposed forum.

Warner may break his neck vs. Dallas and the forum will be unnecessary but until then, I would like a place for those of us that are Rams fans and Warner fans to have a positive area to talk, discuss and reminisce if we so choose.
        YES
        25.00%
        NO
        75.00%
        -10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
      • AvengerRam_old
        Warner Reunion Ultimately Comes Down To This...
        by AvengerRam_old
        A poll!!!!!!!!!
        wish he were still a Ram.
        42.42%
        glad Marc Bulger is the Rams QB.
        57.58%
        -09-19-2005, 12:18 PM
      • RamDez
        Kurt Warner is leaving the Rams
        by RamDez
        So lets have a last poll on the guy.
        He will florish and get NFL MVP 04
        21.13%
        He will do a fine job until Manning takes over
        57.75%
        He will continue to struggle
        15.49%
        He will not handle the pressure
        1.41%
        He will not make the end of the season
        4.23%
        He will be cut before the start of the season
        0.00%
        -06-01-2004, 01:34 AM
      • AvengerRam_old
        To whom does Kurt Warner belong?
        by AvengerRam_old
        Which team, the Rams or the Cardinals, can claim Kurt Warner as primarily "their player"?

Its a close question. Kurt enjoyed great success on both teams, and is viewed by both franchises as one of (if not the) best QBs ever to put on their uniform.

So... let's go to the tail of the tape.

CATEGORY---------RAMS---------CARDINALS

Games Played--------53--------------62
        Starts---------------50--------------57
        Wins (in starts)------35--------------27
        Completion %-------66.4------------65.1
        Yards Passing-----14,447----------15,843
        Touchdowns--------102-------------100
        Interceptions--------65--------------59
        Passer Rating-------97.2------------91.9

So, overall, while it is close, Kurt had better numbers as a Ram.

Add in that he went to more Pro Bowls (3 to 1), was on more 1st Team All-Pro lists (2 to 0), went to more Super Bowls (2 to 1) and won his only championship with the Rams, and I view Kurt Warner as a Ram, first and foremost.

That said, these numbers show just one more way that Kurt Warner was a unique player in NFL history. He is the only QB in the history of the game to throw for 100 or more TDs for two different teams in a career. He is also one of only two QBs to ever start a Super Bowl for two different teams (the other being Craig Morton).

So, maybe, in the end, much like the Arizona and St. Louis share the name "Cardinals" in their history, they can also share Kurt Warner as a member of their respective lists of all-time greats.

Kurt, of course, probably wouldn't have it any other way.
        -10-03-2012, 10:01 AM
      • masi
        Warner vs. Marino
        by masi
        Yesterday i had a discussion with a friend who is a huge Dan Marino's fan. He said that Dan's records will never nbe broken and that our Kurt Warner should be renamed Kurt "one-year-wonder" Warner, because he'll not be able to repeat 1999 and 2000 numbers.
        I think Kurt has all the skills to reach and surpass most of the Marino achievements, and i'm realy convinced that without the injury, a lot of Marino's record would have already be broken last season.

And... Kurt has one thing marino will never have: a ring :cool: :cool: :cool:
        -06-18-2001, 01:54 PM
      Working...
      X