CCFL - A New Football League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCFL - A New Football League?

After reading the thread about Michael Vick, I had an epiphany.

We need to start a NEW football league. One JUST for players like him.

We shall call it the "CCFL"...Crybaby and Convict Football League. The players would get paid a percentage of club profits, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year. How would a player get into such a league? Easy.

1. Any player suspended by the NFL twice for any violations of the rules in the current season.
    2. Any player who whines about how he's better than the team he plays for.
    3. Any player who is convicted of a felony within the past two seasons.
    4. Any player who gets fined more than twice during the season for conduct.
    5. Any player who knowingly causes injury to another player.
    6. Any player who violates the terms of his contract twice in any season.

Of course, such a league will need coaches. Here's how they get them:

1. Any coach who throws a fit unbecoming of an NFL coach.
    2. Any coach who repeatedly defends players who fit the above rules.
    3. Any coach who repeatedly shows ineptitude at his job.

And, we need officials. Here's their criteria for entrance into the CCFL:

1. Clearly makes calls that are contrary to the visual evidence.
    2. Suspected of favortism.
    3. Too blind to see what is going on.

Therefore, I suggest the following players and coaches to be admitted into the CCFL immediately.

1. Michael Vick.
    2. T.O.
    3. Warren Sapp
    4. Ricky Williams
    5. Koren Robinson
    6. Chad Johnson
    7. Albert Haynesworth
    8. Denny Green
    9. John Gruden
    10. Bill Parcells

Persons admitted into the CCFL will be able to return to the NFL after completing two seasons without acting like children. The question is....would any team want these guys even after they grow up?

As you can see, there is already a good start for this new league. Feel free to nominate more players/coaches/officials for the CCFL, and I'll pass them along!
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

Re: CCFL - A New Football League?

I agree with all the players exept....chad johnson, the guy is just funny, he brings flavor to the NFL I love the dude, I have his jersey, the dude is hilarious, so all the other players can go
    Built RAM tough

Comment

Randy Moss, Jamal Lewis, and Chris Henry probably deserve to be in it.
      Last edited by rams_fan81; -12-04-2006, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
        The question is....would any team want these guys even after they grow up?!
        I'll take Chad Johnson and Bill Parcells.

Comment

The officiating crew is easy. The crew that officiated Superbowl XXXVI. Obviously accepted the bribe from Bob Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots.
          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Randy Moss and Rodney Harrison.
            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Keyshawn Johnson should be added.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                Humble Beginnings - UFL Article
                by r8rh8rmike
                Humble beginnings
                By BARRY WILNER
                AP FOOTBALL WRITER
                07/12/2009

Four teams, low salaries, cable-only telecasts and few household names. Is this any way to run a pro football league?

The people behind the UFL think so.

The United Football League will kick off in October with teams in New York, San Francisco, Orlando and Las Vegas. The maximum salary will approach the minimum $620,000 that a four-year NFL veteran gets, with some players making as little as $35,000, plus incentive bonuses. All those players will be seen on Versus on Thursday nights during the six-game season, with a championship game Nov. 27, the day after Thanksgiving.

And while such stars as Marvin Harrison and Derrick Brooks, both currently unsigned by NFL clubs, could wind up in the UFL — so might Michael Vick, something commissioner Michael Huyghue is considering — most of the players won't register highly on the recognition scale.
                "The model for us was one where we realize there's an abundance of talent out there, but player costs come to nearly 70 percent in the NFL," says Huyghue, former senior vice president of football operations for the Jacksonville Jaguars. "So we had to make sure to not outspend ourselves with players. The attraction with this league for those players will not be the money but the opportunity.

"There's such a lopsided system with the salary cap that keeps players from getting their opportunity in the NFL and we knew the lure of that opportunity would be the hook."

The NFL won't hook those players, Huyghue reasons, because it has no expansion plans, setting the number of available jobs per team at 53 per roster, plus eight per practice squad. Former Vikings and Cardinals coach Dennis Green, who is in charge of the San Francisco team, cites players who fell through those crevasses as proof there's a place for the new league.

"I always believed there are these additional players and the NFL can't get them all: Kurt Warner, Robert Griffith, guys who had to find their way into the NFL and some had to go to other leagues to get there," Green says. "Fifty years ago, they wouldn't even have had a place for Lance Alworth in the NFL. They would have said he was too small. They had a set system for players.

"Most of the college stars didn't make it and you needed this alternative league and that is what the AFL was back then. And that is what the UFL is."

The UFL also is in two cities the NFL never has touched, Orlando and Las Vegas. And such cities as Hartford, Sacramento and Los Angeles each will stage one game this season.

"It's a regional approach in our premiere season, to premiere in as many cities as possible," Huyghue says.

Huyghue expects to have eight teams in 2010 and to continue building the UFL's...
                -07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
              • HUbison
                Jason Whitlock: Hip Hop Culture Hurting NFL
                by HUbison
                NFL truth: Hip-hop culture hurting NFL
                Jason Whitlock
                FOXSports.com,

You get one NFL Truth today. Watching Chad Johnson and Larry Johnson undermine their respective head coaches, Marvin Lewis and Herm Edwards, on Sunday gave me a singular focus, forced me to contemplate an uncomfortable truth.

African-American football players caught up in the rebellion and buffoonery of hip hop culture have given NFL owners and coaches a justifiable reason to whiten their rosters. That will be the legacy left by Chad, Larry and Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Terrell Owens, Michael Vick and all the other football bojanglers.
                In terms of opportunity for American-born black athletes, they're going to leave the game in far worse shape than they found it.

It's already starting to happen. A little-publicized fact is that the Colts and the Patriots — the league's model franchises — are two of the whitest teams in the NFL. If you count rookie receiver Anthony Gonzalez, the Colts opened the season with an NFL-high 24 white players on their 53-man roster. Toss in linebacker Naivote Taulawakeiaho "Freddie" Keiaho and 47 percent of Tony Dungy's defending Super Bowl-champion roster is non-African-American. Bill Belichick's Patriots are nearly as white, boasting a 23-man non-African-American roster, counting linebacker Tiaina "Junior" Seau and backup quarterback Matt Gutierrez.

For some reason, these facts are being ignored by the mainstream media. Could you imagine what would be written and discussed by the media if the Yankees and the Red Sox were chasing World Series titles with 11 African-Americans on their 25-man rosters (45 percent)?

We would be inundated with information and analysis on the social significance. Well, trust me, what is happening with the roster of the Patriots and the Colts and with Roger Goodell's disciplinary crackdown are all socially significant.

Hip hop athletes are being rejected because they're not good for business and, most important, because they don't contribute to a consistent winning environment. Herm Edwards said it best: You play to win the game.

I'm sure when we look up 10 years from now and 50 percent — rather than 70 percent — of NFL rosters are African-American, some Al Sharpton wannabe is going to blame the decline on a white-racist plot.

That bogus charge will ignore our role in our football demise. We are in the process of mishandling the opportunity and freedom earned for us by Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Doug Williams, Mike Singletary, Gale Sayers, Willie Lanier and countless others. And those of us in the media who have rationalized, minimized and racialized every misstep by Vick, Pacman and T.O. have played an equal role in blowing it.

By failing to confront and annihilate the abhorrent cultural norms we have allowed to grab our youth, we have in the grand...
                -10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
              • LARAM
                New All American Football League (AAFL)
                by LARAM
                Yesterday, I watched a one hour long special, for the 1st inaugural Draft for the AAFL. I'm not sure what to think. It mostly looks like a bunch of players that couldn't make onto NFL rosters. But regardless, I am looking forward to the games. It just might satisfy me during the dead time after the NFL draft. Not really sure what kind of TV contract the league has though.

One thing I like, is the way they have structured the League and draft rights to players, to allow for a sort of local fan base. The current six teams are allowed exclusive rights to players from universities from within their own states, or within neighboring states......in other words

Team Arkansas...Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas

Team Alabama....Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama

Team Tennessee...South Carolina, Kentucky, Tenn

Team Michigan...Illinois, Indiana, Michigan

Team Florida and Texas...only from within their own states, because of the huge player/University base.

***All other states and Universities are up for grabs

Some other notes:

***College style goal posts and Hash marks, 35 yard OT ball spot....all other NFL rules.

***10 game schedule from April thru July, One playoff round and then Championship game.

***Players salaries topped out at $50,000 dollars

***Tickets for games about $13 dollars

***Players must graduate from college

Some of the players I recognized....

Eric crouch.......Drafted 2nd overall
                Peter Warrick.....NFL BUST
                Tee Martin......QB Tenn, 8 years ago
                Tony Bua........Loved this guy out of Arkansas
                Marcus Randall...QB out of LSU a couple years ago

Check out the site and draft results:

All American Football League
                -02-17-2008, 09:25 AM
              • ZiaRam
                Playing This Game Takes a Toll
                by ZiaRam
                by Tony Softli

The Rams are 3-0 in the 2011 preseason and one win away from a perfect mark before the regular season begins. On Thursday and Friday, the final preseason games will be played, and following those games, each team will prepare for the cutdown to the 53-man limit. There will be close to 900 players released or placed on an injured list on the cuts to 53. There are several players battling soft tissue injuries, pectoral strains and rehabbing joints. Competition is fierce within a small window to display your talents in the preseason. The old slogan, "You can't make the club in the tub" ripples through every NFL locker room as cutdowns near.

Thanks to the growth hormones and steroids in today's beef and chicken, high school players are bigger, stronger and faster as they mature into young men and move on to the college level. Only two percent of college players have the skill set to develop into an NFL player. They spend the rest of their lives telling tales of high school lore, and the stories get more animated as they grow older.

The National Football League is for the elite player; grown men wearing light weight plastic, looking to decleat one another. The action is faster and extremely violent, making it more exciting for the fantasy football population, couch potatoes, and the wives that deal with the Monday morning arm chair quarterbacks sitting at home or enjoying a beer and brat among the population of NFL jerseys tailgating in stadium parking lots around the country. Meanwhile, it's what the players are struggling with behind the scenes that rarely get any attention.

I had the opportunity to speak with Marshall Faulk, the Hall of Fame running back. The one topic that stuck with me was injury recovery. When I asked him how he was feeling since his retirement, he replied, "My body has not been the same since the second quarter of the first game of my rookie season." Football players are at risk every time they step onto the practice field or into game action. Several suffer significant, long term and sometimes catastrophic injuries. Survival and longevity are the keys to success. So is luck.

There is nothing more sobering then watching ESPN footage of former NFL players like Curt Marsh, a childhood friend of mine and former Washington Husky teammate. Curt was drafted by the Raiders in the early 80s as an offensive lineman. Since his career ended, he's had a procedure to amputate his right lower leg above the ankle. He is suffering from other complications after years of combat, and spends most of his days in a wheelchair. At the age of 52, he struggles to function on his own or lead a normal life. Ask yourself is it worth it.

Modern medicine has changed. Athletes are treated immediately, rehabbed and ready to go back to battle much faster than players of the 40s, 50s and 60s. The aftermath of years of service as a modern-day gladiator...
                -08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
              • RamFan_Til_I_Die
                New football League to compete dirtectly with the NFL
                by RamFan_Til_I_Die

United Football League Announces “UFL Premiere” Season to Kick-off October 2009
                NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The United Football League, a new professional outdoor fall football league, will kick-off the “UFL Premiere” season in October 2009. As previously announced, the UFL will feature high quality traditional football played by world-class athletes and will provide fans with affordable, innovative and entertaining game-day experiences.

In its “Premiere” year, the UFL will have four teams playing in at least seven cities. The four teams selected for the “Premiere” season are Las Vegas/Los Angeles, New York/Hartford, Orlando and San Francisco/Sacramento. During the course of the six-week season, these four teams will travel to each city for games. The season will culminate with a Championship Game tentatively scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas.

“With the confirmation of four teams and the announcement of an infusion of a $30 million investment to operate the league, the UFL is excited to bring affordable, accessible football to underserved markets this October,” said Commissioner Michael Huyghue. “The “UFL Premiere” season will allow us to set the foundation within the cities we feel would be a good fit, demonstrate the terrific talent of the coaches and players at our high level of competition, and integrate innovation into all aspects of the league so we are ready for expansion in 2010.”

In addition to UFL Founder Bill Hambrecht and original investor Tim Armstrong, the UFL is being funded by a consortium of investors including Paul Pelosi. Pelosi is the president of FLS, Inc., a diversified investment and consulting company based in San Francisco and serves on many corporate and philanthropic boards.

The UFL will train and house its players in Casa Grande, Arizona where a $20 million training complex is being constructed for both the city and league use. The UFL will begin signing players in July and training camp will begin in Casa Grande on September 1st. League officials are currently in negotiations with various stadiums and these agreements will be announced as they are finalized. The UFL is also in final negotiations with a major sports cable network for a weekly nationally-televised game.

The UFL will continue its highly popular “Name Your Team” campaign via its website and onsite at the “UFL Premiere” games. All entries will be considered for the six to eight teams that will be included in the UFL’s 2010 season.

The executives behind the UFL are experienced NFL franchise builders. Commissioner Michael Huyghue has over 20 years of NFL management experience and is considered the architect in establishing the Jacksonville Jaguars as the winningest franchise of the NFL within a five-year span in his role as the team's Senior Vice President of Football Operations. While with the NFL, Commissioner Huyghue served...
                -02-10-2009, 09:49 AM
              Working...
              X