Kansas City --- smack by Blankman71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City --- smack by Blankman71

So Kansas City decides to schedule a date with the Rams? And why not? After all the Chiefs and Rams do have a proud tradition. It seems KC's latest is mooching off of the Rams in an attempt to duplicate Saint Louis success. Dick V. and Trent Green made a difference in Ram Country, no lie, but they think Priest Holmes is Marshall Faulk? Snoop Minnis is Issac Bruce? I think not. Kansas City boats one tradition the Rams will never be able to compete with: Wallowing in mediocrity. Feel privileged boys, because this is as close to a Super Bowl as you'll be getting with St. Louie Leftovers.

Why wouldn't the Chiefs go after Dick Vermeil, he has a good coaching tradition, he was available, and he's good friends with Carl Peterson. And as for Trent Green, he was a starter forced to back-up K. Warner, so acquiring him mand since to both the Chiefs and Green. A qb like him deserves to be playing somewhere.
    Now, about the line that says, Kansas City boats one tradition the Rams will never be able to compete with: Wallowing in mediocrity. What crap! The Rams had been wallowing in mediocrity the entire 1980's & 90's. Sure they've been one of the best teams in the NFL the last two seasons, but the 18 before that, they were sorry. Granted the Chiefs haven't won the Super Bowl since I've been alive, but they owned the AFC West in the 90's.
    I'm not trying to come off as some ram hater here, (that's what the raiders are for) I mean I like the Rams, have no reason not too, but it seems some fans have quickly forgotten the franchises past.

Comment

Well that's what I get for having my name posted along with smack talk ;) See, that's the fun of it, Raider, it doesn't have to be logical or polite, just fun....yeah that's the ticket :eek:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DJRamFan
        Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt steps into K.C. Arena Debate
        by DJRamFan
        Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt blasted opponents of the proposed new downtown arena after hearing their claims that support for the Chiefs and Royals would wane if an NBA or NHL team were to relocate in the proposed Sprint Center. That and this report from The Kansas City Star's Randy Covitz
        Hunt isn't outspoken on many subjects, but he blistered the findings of University of San Francisco professor Dan Rascher, who said the two teams would be harmed by the presence of a major-league team in the arena.

"I don't agree at all," Hunt said Thursday. "The Chiefs want to encourage anything that encourages growth and development and new events in Kansas City, and I just don't see (his) rationale.

"I think it's interesting that someone would almost use a scare tactic that you should not vote for something because it's going to hurt the Chiefs. Maybe I should be flattered that people are worried, but I don't think there is anything to worry about in that context. I just look at it as being the type of thing very much like the Sports Complex when it was built in 1972."

Hunt, in fact, wondered aloud what might have happened had Jackson County citizens not voted in 1967 in favor of building Arrowhead Stadium and Royals Stadium.

"It's important for Kansas City to show progress," Hunt said. "I doubt the Chiefs would be in Kansas City today if more than 35 years ago people said, 'You had to keep playing in Municipal Stadium.' And we know what happened to the (Athletics) they left.

"The Sports Complex helped get a new baseball team, the Royals, and helped make the Chiefs the success they are. It's led to other events that have come to Arrowhead like the Billy Graham Crusade that will be here in October, and the Big 12 championship that will be here for the third time in five years this year and again in 2006.

"The new arena may or may not attract other sports teams. I cannot speak to whether an NHL or an NBA team would come to Kansas City, but I'm not fearful from it from a Chiefs standpoint."

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson echoed Hunt's thoughts, adding that he was planning to fly back to Kansas City from training camp so he could vote for the new arena Tuesday.

"We're all for it," Peterson said. "It's great for Kansas City, and it's great for downtown. I really don't understand the arguments against it. It makes too much sense. This is not something to fear, it's something to embrace."

Peterson said he has already spoken with Tim Leiweke, president of Anschutz Entertainment Group, about possible cross-promotions between the Chiefs and a new arena. The Chiefs also would like to be involved with an Arena Football League team.

"The only thing (an arena) can do is help everyone," Peterson said. "Kansas City is...
        -08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
      • dgr828
        Governors cup
        by dgr828
        THE GOVERNOR'S CUP (MISSOURI)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Missouri Governor's Cup is the trophy awarded to the winner between the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Rams' annual meetings in the preseason and occasional contests in the regular season.

The contest has been a staple of Missourian's football teams from 1968 to 1987 (between the Chiefs and St. Louis' first football team, the Cardinals) and 1996 to the present (feature the Chiefs and newly-relocated Rams). The local press occasionally refer to the game as The Battle of Missouri, The Show-Me State showdown (a play on Missouri's state nickname), or the I-70 Series. The Chiefs and Rams meet every year in the pre-season but have only met four times in the regular season.

HISTORY

1968-1988

The contest began in 1968 when St. Louis had the football Cardinals, until the Cardinals relocated in 1988. The Governor's Cup game was resumed in the 1996 season between the Chiefs and the Rams.

The Chiefs posted a 16-7-2 mark in its Governor's Cup series against the Cardinals from 1968 to 1987, going 2-1-1 in the regular season and 14-6-1 in preseason play.

1996-present

When the Los Angeles Rams relocated to St. Louis, the rivalry among Missourians re-emerged.
        Both the Rams and the Chiefs possessed the two most productive offenses in the NFL in the early 2000's, and the meetings often resulted in shootouts. Former Ram's coach Dick Vermeil was hired by the Chiefs in 2001 after he had won Super Bowl XXXIV with the Rams with one of the NFL's most powerful offensive squads in history.

Once the Chiefs created their own high-powered offense with the arrival of Vermeil, the rivalry became even more exciting. In often meaningless preseason games, the Chief and Rams gave all their energy to secure the Governor's Cup, their spot as the best offense in the league, and bragging rights for their respective city in Missouri.

Dick Vermeil faced off against his old coaching buddies with the Rams-- including his offensive coordinator of "The Greatest Show on Turf," Mike Martz--whom succeeded vermeil for the Rams head coaching job.

St. Louis Football Cardinals vs. Kansas City Chiefs

All-Time Pre-Season Results

The Chiefs and Cardinals met every pre-season to determine the best NFL team in Missouri. The Chiefs lead the pre-season series 14-6-1.

All-Time Regular Season Results

Note: The Governor's Cup was awarded between the Chiefs and the St. Louis Football Cardinals from 1968 through 1987, the Cardinals' final season in St. Louis.

St. Louis Rams vs. Kansas City Chiefs

All-Time Pre-Season Results

The Chiefs and Rams meet every pre-season to determine the NFL team in Missouri. The Rams lead the pre-season...
        -08-30-2009, 02:03 AM
      • DJRamFan
        Morton would complement Gonzalez on Chiefs
        by DJRamFan
        Friday, March 29
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ESPN.com news services

KANSAS CITY -- The Kansas City Chiefs may have found the impact wide receiver they were looking for.

The Chiefs are close to reaching an agreement with free agent Johnnie Morton, the Kansas City Star reported on Friday.

Morton delayed his departure from Kansas City several times on Thursday as both sides attempted to finalize a deal. An agreement may be reached as early as Friday.

"We're just ironing out some details," Morton told the Star. "It seems like we're real close. Everything is perfect here. I feel like I'm part of a family."

Morton has been a big-play receiver throughout his eight-year career, all with the Detroit Lions. Last season Morton caught 77 balls for a career-high 1,154 yards and four touchdowns.

The Chiefs are looking for a top-rate wide receiver to complement tight end Tony Gonzalez, who caught 73 passes for 917 yards last season. Marvin Minnis led the Chiefs' wide receivers with just 33 receptions.

"He would come in here and be the top receiver on the team," coach Dick Vermeil told the Star. "He would add another degree of explosiveness to our offense. We need to score more points. He could make the plays to help us do that."

Morton had previously met with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the St. Louis Rams. Morton is also planning to visit Denver. But after Thursday's progress with the Chiefs, Morton told the Star, "That (trip) may be unnecessary, most likely."
        -03-29-2002, 07:42 AM
      • ramsbruce
        Chiefs | Green's Father Passes Away
        by ramsbruce
        Chiefs | Green's Father Passes Away
        Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:15:01 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green's father, Jim, has passed away at the age of 58. Green missed practice Friday, Oct. 28, to be with his family, but is not going to miss the team's game Sunday, Oct. 30, against the San Diego Chargers.
        -10-30-2005, 12:37 AM
      • dgr828
        KC KO'd by Carolina
        by dgr828
        Are the Kansas City Chiefs trying to be the worst NFL team within the State of Missouri? Beaten by the Panthers in Carolina 34-0, the Chiefs rivals The Saint Louis Rams as Missouri's finest.
        The Carolina Panthers are now 4-1, while the Kansas City Chiefs fall to 1-4.
        -10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
      Working...
      X