X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockey (Giants) trade a possibility

Giants | Shockey trade a possibility
    Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:50:27 -0700
    Updating a previous report, John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the possible trade to send New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey to the New Orleans Saints could now be moving forward and could happen as early as this weekend, according to two sources.

Re: Shockey (Giants) trade a possibility

I'm surprised Linehan wasn't making calls to New York. haha.

Wow, I'm surprised. Shockey has been a big part of the Giants organization, this is weird. But its the NFL, what can you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
      I'm surprised Linehan wasn't making calls to New York. haha.

Wow, I'm surprised. Shockey has been a big part of the Giants organization, this is weird. But its the NFL, what can you expect?
      The word is that Eli Manning played much better without Shockey on the field and in the huddle constantly badgering him.

The Giants won the Superbowl without Shockey too.
      Last edited by laram0; -04-24-2008, 12:00 PM.
      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Shockey is a hot head, I could see him being a distraction in the huddle.

Comment

I guess I see your guys' points about Shockey. Eli did play better without him.

Comment

Yep, not to mention Kevin Boss looks like a more than capable replacement.

Anyone know what the Saints are looking to give away?

Comment

Shockey is a showboat and a nancy boy...I think this year alone he was sidelined twice with a broken finger nail and once cause it was a bad hair day.

Comment

nfl is all talk ., never a trade....

Comment

Giants can keep him. I'm surprised the Saints were intrested in him. I wouldn't want him on the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by richtree View Post
                    nfl is all talk ., never a trade....
                    I don't suppose you'd like to elaborate on this?
                    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                      Odell to 49ers?
                      by Nick
                      OBJ to 49ers trade remains a possibility
                      Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2019, 7:38 PM EST

As the season ended, a sense emerged that the 49ers could renew the pursuit of Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. A month and a half later, that sense persists.

The 49ers have had real interest in Beckham for nearly a year; the only question is whether the Giants are willing to pull the trigger. As reflected by last week’s bold offseason prediction from Jay Glazer, the Giants may indeed be ready to do so.

The 49ers hold the second and 36th overall picks in the 2019 draft; the No. 2 overall selection would seemingly be a high price to pay, possibly requiring the Giants to send maybe a third- or fourth-round pick back to the 49ers to balance it all out.

The Rams also had interest last year in trading for Beckham. They instead made a deal for Brandin Cooks. But if the Rams want to make a big splash in 2019, they could (in theory) dangle someone like receiver Robert Woods to the Giants as part of the package.

However it all plays out, Glazer didn’t throw out the notion of a Beckham trade recklessly. Beckham remains in play for a trade (no matter what the Giants officially say), and the 49ers remain on the short list of teams that could get him.
                      -02-19-2019, 09:33 AM
                    • Tampa_Ram
                      Umenyiora free to seek trade
                      by Tampa_Ram
                      The New York Giants have given permission to the agent of Osi Umenyiora to work out a trade for the two-time Pro Bowl defensive end, a league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Graziano: Osi Blinks First

Osi Umenyiora's holdout didn't last long, but ESPN.com's Dan Graziano says this isn't the end of the saga. Blog
                      • Giants blog | ESPNNewYork.com

The Giants want a first-round pick in exchange for Umenyiora, who continues to be unhappy with his contract status even after a meeting with team officials over the weekend, the source said.
                      Umenyiora's agent, Tony Agnone, began contacting teams on Monday. He and a spokesman for the Giants declined comment on Monday.
                      Umenyiora is expected to remain in training camp pending the trade.
                      In a sworn affidavit as part of the recent Brady vs. NFL lawsuit during the lockout, Umenyiora said Reese told him in 2008 that if the defensive end were still playing at a high level in two years, he'd reward him with a new contract or trade him to a team that would pay him like a top-five defensive end.
                      Umenyiora has two years remaining on his contract worth a total of $8 million. The two-time Pro Bowler is coming off a season in which he had 11.5 sacks and 10 forced fumbles.
                      Umenyiora met with Giants general manager Jerry Reese on Sunday, and coach Tom Coughlin had said that he thought progress was made.
                      "Osi and I had a very good conversation and really that is all I am going to say about that," Reese said in an interview on the Boomer and Carton show on WFAN radio on Monday morning. "There are still some ongoing issues involved with that."
                      Umenyiora reported to camp on Saturday and underwent his physical on Sunday. Coughlin said Umenyiora was scheduled to visit with team doctor Russell Warren to get clearance to practice since Umenyiora has had issues in past with his hip, which required surgery in the offseason. Umenyiora watched practice from the sideline on Sunday night.
                      "We'll do what's best for the New York Giants," Reese added when asked if he will rip up the defensive end's contract and give him a raise. "I don't have any comments about Osi until we get all the issues resolved."

Id love to have Osi part of the rams squad but giving up a 1st round pick for him is way to much and will never happen with the rams.
                      -08-01-2011, 09:31 AM
                    • laram0
                      Giants- Tom Coughlin will be back for 2007
                      by laram0
                      Signs an extension for the 2008 season.
                      -01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
                    • Nick
                      Source: Giants RB Brandon Jacobs will ask to be traded
                      by Nick
                      Report: Brandon Jacobs will ask for trade
                      Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 20, 2010 10:07 AM ET

Will Brandon Jacobs' east-west run and subsequent helmet toss/benching be his final act as a New York Giant?

That's what Jacobs hopes, according to a report from Vinny DiTrani, longtime writer of the Bergen Record that just can't stop covering Big Blue. DiTrani reports that Jacobs will meet with Giants management Monday and request a trade.

Good luck with that. Perhaps a divorce is best for both sides, but there is no team that would remotely be interested in Jacobs considering his salary and attitude. He's toxic. Oh, and he hasn't been particularly effective since the start of 2009.

The Giants gave Jacobs $13 million guaranteed before 2009 and surely regret it now. He no longer produces and seems to take his frustration out on others. There's next to no chance he'll be back in New York at $4.65 million next year, so the only question is whether the Giants keep him for the rest of this year.

Considering the money they have already paid Jacobs, we'd think they'd try to calm Jacobs down and get something out of him. They are getting used to that.
                      -09-20-2010, 07:21 AM
                    • r8rh8rmike
                      Schefter: Trade Window Closes For Umenyiora
                      by r8rh8rmike
                      AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

RT @wingoz: per Newark Star Ledger, The trade window for Giants Osi Umenyiora has closed. ... And the soap opera continues.
                      -08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
                    Working...
                    X