Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgeons Tell Chad Johnson That He May Never Dance Again

Surgeons Tell Chad Johnson That He May Never Dance Again
    A week after undergoing surgery on a bum ankle that will allow him to return to the football field in time for training camp, Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Johnson received the worst news of his life today when team surgeon Angelo Colosimo told him that his ankle can no longer support the rigors of celebratory dancing.

“This is the part of my job that I despise,” said Dr. Colosimo. “Having to look into a grown man’s eyes and tell him that he can’t shimmy, shake and prance anymore … well, it’s obviously not a fun thing to do.”

Colosimo says Johnson’s ankles are strong enough to support the demands of football, but would likely fail catastrophically during an intense dance routine.

“Chad’s ankles can handle the typical running, jumping and stopping and starting of a football game,” he said. “But a celebratory dance routine at this level asks a lot of an ankle. All of that action up on the tippy, tippy toes in a dance number – skipping, sashaying and spinning – requires perfectly sound ankles. And, sadly, Chad doesn’t have that any more. That’s why I’m afraid we’ve seen the last homoerotic, twirling, hip-thrusting touchdown dance from him. From now on, it’s just catching the ball and conservatively spiking it to the turf.”

But Johnson vows to dance again.

“I have the heart of a champion,” said Johnson. “A champion ballet dancer. Mark my words, I will dance again. In fact, I just had surgery a week ago and I’m already able to prance. Prancing! In just a week! So I guarantee you that the first time I score this year, I am pulling out the most dandified, tip-toe-ingest dance you ever did see. No ankle injury is going to prevent dance magic from pouring out of these legs.”

SportsPickle.com - Surgeons Tell Chad Johnson That He May Never Dance Again
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Re: Surgeons Tell Chad Johnson That He May Never Dance Again

Yeah Right!..April fools in June?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Re: Surgeons Tell Chad Johnson That He May Never Dance Again

As I understand it, they had to surgically remove his foot from his mouth, where it has been firmly entrenched since the beginning of the off-season.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
        Vermeil's remark upsets Johnson
        by Nick
        Vermeil's remark upsets Johnson
        Coach stands by his ‘diaper' comment
        By ADAM TEICHER
        The Kansas City Star
        Posted on Thu, Sep. 23, 2004

Halfback Larry Johnson was upset at Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil's remark at his Tuesday news conference that it was time for Johnson “to take the diaper off and go play” because Priest Holmes' ankle injury is likely to keep him out of Sunday's game against Houston .

“If the man can't say something in my face … it don't mean nothing to me,” Johnson said. “For him to say that, to point me out in that situation, (knowing) how much I really busted my (rear) through this preseason, knowing I'm ready to play, knowing I'm ready to do my share, making a comment like that is unnecessary.”

Johnson has been unhappy over his lack of playing time almost since joining the Chiefs as their first-round draft pick last year. He vented at times last season but kept his frustration in check this year until Wednesday.

If Holmes doesn't play, Johnson will back up Derrick Blaylock.

“It's a little frustrating when they bring you here and they can't tell you whether you're going to play or you're not going to play,” Johnson said. “By no means am I going to stop going hard here and going hard every day in practice. It's just something that's frustrating right now and would be to anybody who's in my position.”

Vermeil didn't back down from his comment.

“I wasn't planning on saying that,” he said. “It just popped into my scrambled head. But in a way, there's a little truth to it.”
        -09-23-2004, 12:07 PM
      • Varg6
        Ocho Cinco wants out of Cincy
        by Varg6
        Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.
        --Chad Johnson
        What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

The Bengals said they have no comment in response to Johnson's statements. A team spokesman pointed to coach Marvin Lewis' statement at the owners meeting that he has fully discussed the Johnson situation and didn't feel it was productive to talk about it again.

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

Lewis has said repeatedly that the team has no plans to deal Johnson, despite the wide receiver making the rounds of radio and television talk shows to voice his displeasure about his situation in Cincinnati.

In a February interview with Jim Rome, Johnson said he felt he was being blamed for the Bengals' problems and disappointing showing last season.

"I'm not allowed to say. I get the blame; the so-called best player, I'm the problem," he said. "Someone in-house is spreading this. Maybe they want me to quiet down [and] stop being me. That is not going to happen. I can't function that way. I tried it. It sucked. There was no excitement."

Last month, on ESPN's First Take, Johnson again hinted at wanting a trade.

"I want to continue my career wherever I have the opportunity to win a playoff game and get to the Super Bowl. That's where I want to be," he said.

Wednesday, the Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory...
        -04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
      • Rambos
        Chad Johnson
        by Rambos
        Would you make a trade for Chad Johnson, I'm not a big fan, but I would.

2nd round this year

2nd in 09 and I with toss in a 5th in 09.
        -02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
      • Rambos
        C. Johnson to skip team workouts
        by Rambos
        Bengals | C. Johnson to skip team workouts
        Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:22:48 -0700

The Sporting News reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson says he will not participate in the Bengals offseason strength and conditioning program, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer. The team workouts are not mandatory, however Johnson can earn a $250,000 bonus by attending.

Does he want out or a new contract, I'm not sure.
        -03-19-2008, 11:37 AM
      • RamWraith
        Injuries slow Rams' speedy new CB
        by RamWraith
        By Jim Thomas
        Of the Post-Dispatch
        Tuesday, Sep. 06 2005

At his pro day coming out of college, Chris Johnson turned heads by running the
        40-yard dash in a sizzling 4.18 seconds.

"To me it's a blessing," Johnson said. "A lot of people aren't really blessed
        to be that fast. So that's just something that stuck with me once I did it."

It stuck with him, all right. Johnson, a cornerback from the University of
        Louisville, commemorated the occasion with a tattoo. The inscription is "4." on
        his left calf. His right calf reads: "18." Put them together, and you have

That was 2 1/2 years ago. The tattoo is still there.

"It's not going nowhere," Johnson said.

No, but Johnson is. The fastest player in the 2003 NFL draft was traded
        Saturday evening from Green Bay to the Rams for linebacker Robert Thomas.
        Johnson, 25, passed his physical Sunday morning, flew into St. Louis that night
        and was on the practice field Monday at Rams Park.

Even though Johnson entered the NFL in 2003, knee and leg injuries so far have
        prevented him from playing in a regular-season game.

Physically, Johnson says, "I feel great."

As for being traded for a former NFL first-rounder, Johnson laughed and added,
        "That feels even better."

The Rams, obviously, were eager to dump Thomas, whose toughness and intensity
        were questioned by some at Rams Park. So eager that he was traded for a former
        seventh-round pick whose next NFL game will be his first.

"Here's a tall guy with terrific deep speed and range," coach Mike Martz said.
        "He has the reach."

But can he stay healthy? "After my first year, it was just really a mind
        thing," said Johnson, who is 5 feet 11, 198 pounds. "So I had to dedicate
        myself back to the weight room, and back to running. And just focus on my job.
        Once I did that, everything came into play. So now I'm feeling good and ready
        to go."

In Green Bay, Johnson suffered a season-ending injury to his right knee as a
        rookie when he collided with wide receiver Donald Driver in a training camp
        practice. So much for his 2003 season.

"I was trying to cover him, and he stopped, and I kind of placed my knee up
        under his backbone," Johnson said. "It was a little freak accident."

That was injury No. 1.

Before the 2004 season, Johnson suffered a stress fracture in the tibia, the
        larger of the two bones in the lower leg. Contrary to previous reports, the
        injury was in his left leg - not the same leg as his knee injury....
        -09-07-2005, 05:25 AM
      Working...
      X