If you were Aaron Rodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were Aaron Rodgers

How would you react to the fact that Brett Favre is coming back and competing with you for the starting QB position?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: If you were Aaron Rodgers

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
    How would you react to the fact that Brett Favre is coming back and competing with you for the starting QB position?
    Publicly, probably about the way Rodgers is reacting so far. Privately, .......i can't express it on this site.
    Poor dude! Looks like he might be getting kicked to the curb again. If this "thing" continues play out the way it appears it's going to, Rodgers is going to be a completely useless basket-case before he ever "really" takes the reins as the starting q.b. in Green Bay. He needs a Brett Favre voodoo doll, right about now!

RAM ON!

Comment

I'd be looking for the phone number for Tanya Harding's ex-boyfriend. ;)
      Nah, I mean what can you do? Brett did a great job last season. He's one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history, and even now he's still one of the best in the league. Sure, Rodgers might be feeling that it's his time, but then again your job--much less the starting gig--is never guaranteed in the NFL. Brady Quinn came into Cleveland thinking he was going to be their guy, and some guy nobody had ever heard of (Derek Anderson) started in front of him. Yeah, the fact that the icon just won't hang up his boots is a problem, but there's always somebody after your job in this game.

Comment

Rodgers is in a tough spot. He can't say what he really feels unless he plans on moving out of Green Bay next year. People don't like Bulger because he supplanted Warner, Jackson is despised by many because he's not Faulk, can you imagine the ire Rodgers will face when he finally does take over from Favre? He needs to just keep his mouth shut, not complicate the situation and wait it out because I don't see how Favre stays in Green Bay with that $12 million dollar salary.

Comment

I would think he'd react much as Commodus did when Marcus Aurelius told him that he was not going to be the next Emperor.

Comment

To be honest I think this shows nothing more then how little class Farve has. Two years in a row he retires and lets Aaron Rogers think he's taking over and both years he comes back... Pretty disgusting... If I controlled GB's future, I wouldn't even consider letting Farve play, he retired and he should have to stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
              I would think he'd react much as Commodus did when Marcus Aurelius told him that he was not going to be the next Emperor.
              Um.. he saw his political career go down the commodus, er..crapper?

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

I have some information from someone thats been pretty important in history, he seems to side with Rodgers.

YouTube - Brett Favre Downfall Parody

I know that links to other boards aren't aloud, I hope that youtube is oke...........if not I'm sorry.

Famous last words I agree with

Comment

That video is awesome haha

Comment

i don't care who y'are, that right thar is funny

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rams232
                      You Gotta Love Favre
                      by Rams232
                      http://www.packersnews.com/archives..._20876863.shtml

Brett Favre isn’t sure whether Javon Walker cares what he thinks of his receiver’s holdout, but just in case, the Green Bay Packers’ quarterback made it clear.

“If Javon wants to know what his quarterback thinks, and I would think he might, I’d tell him he’s going about this the wrong way,” Favre said. “When his agent tells him not to worry about what his teammates think and all that stuff, I’d tell him I’ve been around a long time and that stuff will come back to haunt you.”

Favre, 35, expressed his disappointment with Walker during a telephone interview from his Hattiesburg, Miss., home. He said he was upset when he heard Walker intended to sit out the season if the Packers don’t renegotiate his contract. Walker, the Packers’ first-round draft pick in 2002, has two years remaining on his existing deal. He is scheduled to make $515,000 this season and $650,000 in 2006. Walker had a breakout season last year when he caught 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. He played in his first Pro Bowl in February.

“I would’ve never thought it would be a guy like Javon,” Favre said. “I guess in this business nothing should surprise you, especially what happens when guys have a little bit of success. Some guys handle it the right way and some guys don’t.”

Favre said Walker’s holdout reminded him of Sterling Sharpe’s decision to hold out the night before the Packers hosted the Vikings in the 1994 season opener.

“Nowadays you’re seeing more and more guys pulling that stunt,” he said. “If guys continue to do that and are successful getting away with it, then I’ll be gone, but I think the game will be ruined. My reaction to Javon’s situation was ‘Here we go again.’ “Javon has tremendous potential. We got to see some of that last year. The sky’s the limit for that guy, and I’d be the first to defend him, but he’s going about it the wrong way. What happened to honoring your contract and saying, ‘Let’s work as a team to see if we can get this done?’ Why not go about it that way?

“Maybe I’m old-school, but I always thought you honor a contract. Sure, sometimes guys pass you up in salary, and maybe it’s a lesser player, but it’s all based on what a team has as far as value in that person.”

Favre left no doubt as to how he thinks the Packers should handle the situation.

“I sure hope the Packers don’t give in to him,” he said. “I don’t sit up in the front office, and I don’t talk to them — regardless of what people might think — and tell them who to draft and who not to draft. They don’t ask me, and it’s not my job. My job is to throw passes and be a leader.

“That’s why I decided to speak up. I need to be a leader and even though I may not like having to do it, I think some things needed to be said.”

Favre was excused from the team’s post-NFL...
                      -05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
                    • RamsFanSam
                      Didn't we all see this coming?
                      by RamsFanSam
                      Apr 8, 10:32 AM (ET)

By JOEDY McCREARY
                      TUNICA, Miss. (AP) - Brett Favre, one of the NFL's great quarterbacks, is still unsure if he will play another year with the Green Bay Packers.

"No change. I don't know, once again," he said Saturday during a brief news conference from the site of his charity golf tournament. "I don't know why you guys wasted a trip down here. The Packers and I will make a decision at some point soon."

Once again, Farve is doing his annual 'Idunno' speech.

IMO, he needs to s*** or get off the pot!
                      -04-08-2006, 09:08 AM
                    • BigGameMN
                      Brett Farve to Return
                      by BigGameMN
                      Brett Farve is going to return to the Green Bay Packers next season. Steve Mariucci actually talked to Farve via cell phone in an unscripted incident on NFL Network earlier in which Farve informed Steve that he was returning. For those that don't know I'm a huge Brett Farve mark so this makes me happy.

On another subject Jamie Dukes from the NFL Network can't go away fast enough.
                      -02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
                    • RamWraith
                      Rams still recognize Favre as among the best in the NFL
                      by RamWraith
                      BY STEVE KORTE

Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. LOUIS - (KRT) - When Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre takes the field on Monday night against the St. Louis Rams, it`ll be a historic occasion.

Favre will be starting his 200th consecutive game when the Packers (6-4) host the Rams (5-5) at 8 p.m. CST on Monday night at Lambeau Field.

No other quarterback in NFL history has managed to start more than 118 (Ron Jaworski from 1977-84) consecutive games.

"It`s just hard to imagine any quarterback being able to accomplish that," Rams coach Mike Martz said. "The toughness to play through all the things that he has played through, and still play at such a high level, I think we can all take our hats off to Brett and the career that he is having."

As a quarterback, Favre is the consummate gunslinger. He`ll throw off his back foot, he`ll throw underhand or he`ll throw as he`s being dragged to the turf.

"I respect him because he has courage," Rams defensive captain Tyoka Jackson said. "A lot of quarterbacks when you get around them, they are looking to go down. When you get around him, he is looking to make a play. You have to respect a guy like that.

"Everybody on defense has to stay alert until the whistle is blown because he is going to make a play if there is a play to be made."

Favre plays the game like a kid going against his buddies on the sandlot.

"He just looks like he is having fun playing this game, and he`d be playing it anywhere, in the street, in the park or in the stadium," Martz said. "The passion for what he does is evident when you watch him play."

Favre likes to talk a lot during games, but it`s not what you`d call trash-talking.

"Every time I have played against him, and it`s got to be close to double-digits now, he`s always having fun," Jackson said. "He`ll talk to you. If you engage him in conversation, he`ll have fun with it.

"One time in Tampa, he had like four fumbles in the first half, and I`m like, `What`s going on?` Most guys when you say, `What`s going on?` to them, they are going to get mad. I was trying to get in his head. He was like, `Man, I don`t know, I have to get this fixed.""

Rams quarterback Marc Bulger admits being a big fan of Favre.

"It`s always fun to watch his games," Bulger said. "It`s how he plays the game in general. He doesn`t sit there and overanalyze things. He just goes out and plays and has fun.

"I remember one interview where he was asked why he threw the ball and he said, `The guy was open.` That`s been my approach. I have to respect that."

The Rams have great respect for Favre, who has engineered 32 come-from-behind wins in the...
                      -11-27-2004, 05:46 AM
                    • Nick
                      Favre ponders retirement after early playoff exit
                      by Nick
                      Favre ponders retirement after early playoff exit

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Brett Favre doesn't want to go out like this -- although he just might.

Favre was in a reflective mood after throwing four interceptions in Green Bay's 31-17 loss to the hated Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

He said he didn't want his poor playoff performance to play a role in his decision whether to retire or return to Green Bay for a 15th NFL season.

"It would be easy to walk off the field after that game and say, 'I've had enough,"' Favre said. "But I'm going to try to be as fair to myself and to this team as possible. I've had a lot of great games. This obviously was not one of them. But I can't base my decision on this game."

Favre met with coach-general manager Mike Sherman for about 45 minutes after the loss to discuss his future.

"He just had a long talk, a good talk and he just wanted me to know that: don't make any decisions off of this one game, as tough as that may be. And he's right," Favre said. "I still feel like I can play."

Favre is still on top of his game -- he threw for more than 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns again this season -- and he's guided Green Bay to the playoffs 10 times, tops in the league during the salary cap era.

"There's no fine line here. I love to play the game, I don't think it's passed me by yet. It's a good thing to still have juice to play and still physically be able to play," Favre said. "But in some ways you almost want that decision to be made for you."

Favre suggested he give Sherman an answer by the draft in April but Sherman can't wait that long. He said before he flies home to Mississippi this week he expects to have a deadline from Sherman.

At 35, Favre feels the tug of family, not just football.

He's lost his father and his brother-in-law in the last 13 months. His oldest daughter attends high school in Mississippi and his wife, Deanna, is fighting breast cancer.

"It's not about me anymore," Favre said. "My wife has gone through some difficult times and continues to and so that is going to play into my decision-making. I know if my family was up here right now, they would say, 'He's coming back.' But I also have to be fair to them, too, and they're going to be involved."

Favre, scheduled to make $6.5 million in 2005, said he's never played for the money and won't start now.

"If I come back, I want to come back for the right reasons and that's to lead this team to the Super Bowl," Favre said.

He's pretty certain he has the offense to do that, but the dismal defense needs an overhaul so he's not always having to try to win shootouts like on Sunday.

Still, Favre said he didn't seek assurances...
                      -01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
                    Working...
                    X