Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless America

Hey there folks,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so to the mods feel free to move this where need be.

I started a web site that has contact information as well as American songs and art as a bit of a patriotic page that I thought you guys may like. If you do choose to visit, I ask that you maybe sign the guestbook and send the URL to friends or those who may enjoy it. Thanks again.

http://www.geocities.com/blankman71usa/index.html

Please Remember Our Armed Forces

Our military is getting ready to fight a war no one knows how to. Our glorious brave men and women of the United Nations Military (I said UN, Europe y'all are right there with us) will be tested very soon. Some of you are not ready to see caskets come back to the United States with flags on it, but it will happen. However, do not let that deter you from the ultimate goal; freedom. We are at WAR, and WAR means WAR. Death, destruction, annihilation, all bad things associated with war are coming. And we must be strong and support our armed forces, because they are going to win this for us.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
      Hey, let's play ball.
      by txramsfan
      Sports is way too important to America for us not to play. Folks, this war is a different one. It will be hard to send in the troops. We may have to do what the military does best; hurry up and wait. President Bush wants us to get on with our lives, and I for one think that is healthy. Mayor Guiliani gave a bride away this weekend. Good for everyone at that celebration. Let's live like Americans; play, but play with a little sense of humility. I could really live without seeing Ray Lewis's intro act this week.
      -09-18-2001, 07:54 PM
    • fearlessone
      Katrina - Bagdad on the Bayou
      by fearlessone
      I am an evacuee and I have to say how lucky I am to be in the group of a small percentage people as my home probably suffered minimal damage.

I have to say I felt pretty shallow after complaining about the nine hour drive in parking lot traffic to drive less than 250 miles then witness the fact that no water, etc. was passed out w/o any presence of FEMA or the Red Cross.

Where were they?

Please do not offend me or others as we do not care about the celebs donating. I am greatly humbled and grateful for the real people that donate like my fellow clannies because it is reaL where others want to get the PR.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to be high and dry with power and food, etc. and to watch these poor people suffer from ineptness from every level of leadership. I am ashamed of my country and its leaders as we seem to have responded to the tsunami faster than to our own which repels me.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to listen about the names of business and celebs donating to various charities when no one was receiving at the very least: water. At least the local media could have been providing important info like when we can return to our homes and how everyone from the poor to the well off can make claims to gain a semblance of the life we had before this disaster. The only people who could hear their fluff are ones that are and were out of harms way.

Please write your congress reps and demand an investigation to why organization, support and love arrived so late. Also ask them to pressure Dennise Hastert for an apology or resignation for his comments for bulldozing New Orleans; and lastly and most importantly tell your leaders to support the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

Thanks,

FLO
      -09-03-2005, 11:16 PM
    • RamsFanSam
      Letters to Soldiers
      by RamsFanSam
      I belong to a sci-fi related forum, and one of the other members there, a staunch bush supporter, announced several weeks ago that his only son joined the US Army, and asked everyone there to post a note to help him deal with the things he is going through.

As of today, only 25 of over 3,600 people have posted anything.

Most of you guys here know I disagree with the war in Iraq. I still wished Jonathan well. He didn't start this war. Jonathan volunteered to do a lousy job, a job most people couldn't do, a job no one really likes, just because he felt it is his responsibility as an American to serve his fellow man.

I just posted a major rant on that forum to let people know how disgusted I am. A young man has decided to go into service for the benefit of people he knows, as well as millions of other people he will never meet. Only 25 people have said "thank you". If I can overlook my political feelings about the war and tell him I respect his decision, respect him as a man, and respect his selfless sacrifice, then why can't others?

I thought I would do something nice, and ask my fellow ClanRam members to post something here, just a little note, and I would send the link to Jonathan's father so he in turn could forward it to Jonathan. I'm sure that Jonathan would like to hear that people everywhere appreciate his decision, no matter how they feel about the war.

Here is a pic of Jonathan and his father:
      -02-15-2006, 04:05 PM
    • Pithyradish
      High gang, Pithyradish here
      by Pithyradish
      You know that guy from that "other teams site" up in Washington that gets over here about twice a year?

Again I apologize for not being here for a while, I retired last winter and we were gone from home until April of this one.

I still am a moderator at Seahawks.net (I know, everyone has their cross to bear lol) and we were just talking today. Used to be in our Scout years we had posters from many other teams come by to say hello. We, like you people here never mind someone coming over to talk football. Now that we are independent again we seem to have lost many of those posters.

Do you guys know Guido from New Orleans? A good football mind that usually shows up 3-4 times a year to talk both teams football. Well we would like to get some of those types of talkies going again.

Now I'm not talking smack talkers here, tho they are welcome in our smack shack. I'm talking about those of us that just love our teams and try to keep up with some of our rivals. And by the way if you wanted to shuffle Steven Jackson over to us I would be willing to take him off your hands. lol

Anyway if any of you are interested give us a blast at Seahawks.net, registration is just as easy as here. I am one of the people that approve and we try to get approvals done the same day. Game day tho we don't approve anyone and I'll bet you know why.

I won't promise that a couple of our members might be a bit jerky at first but for the most part we like to talk shop with all our competitors. And you guys are working at rebuilding too. It sucks doesn't it?

Thanks for listening, hope to see some of you over at our place.

Thanks for your time

Les
      -10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
    • Atlas
      Dire Visions Of Our Future
      by Atlas
      An interesting passage in one of my many books. Thought some would find this...intriguing if not foreboding....
      -09-16-2001, 01:09 PM
    Working...
    X