Hey, let's play ball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, let's play ball.

Sports is way too important to America for us not to play. Folks, this war is a different one. It will be hard to send in the troops. We may have to do what the military does best; hurry up and wait. President Bush wants us to get on with our lives, and I for one think that is healthy. Mayor Guiliani gave a bride away this weekend. Good for everyone at that celebration. Let's live like Americans; play, but play with a little sense of humility. I could really live without seeing Ray Lewis's intro act this week.

i could really live without Ray Lewis.

Your words are very inspiring. I hope the NFL does something like MLB with the Flag on helmet/jersey. Some unis it clashes big time, but we all know that's worthless. I so want one of those hats with the flag on it - if only the $$ would go to Red Cross. Watching all the millionaires cry as the SSB is sang is really inspiring and I, for one, will also rise on Sunday for the singing of our anthem.

I'm sure we are all connected directly or indirectly to someone in the military, and that alone is scary. I'm at the prime age for enlistment/draft. Being in college, i am low priority, but if my President (whom i did not vote for, but am damn glad we got a "good ole boy from Texas") calls on volunteers, i will gladly sign up, however, with the help of other nations, i hope we won't get that desperate for soldiers, but i'm sure we'd all answer the call willingly.

Sports are back and athletes are playing with more humility and humbleness, something that should make the games more human, more real.

God Bless America and Thanks to our Allies - Canada, United Kingdom, etc.

Comment

I just read on the rampagers list that the Rams will be wearing American flag stickers on the back of their helmets.I hope that is true.Our Rams are one of the most spiritual teams in the league and I'm sure they will display an outward show of support to our nation.

GO RAMS!
      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

American Flags on Ram's helmets

I believe I read on the Rams web site, that they were going to be wearing American flags on the back of their helmets. This is apparently true.

COOL!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Atlas
          Dire Visions Of Our Future
          by Atlas
          An interesting passage in one of my many books. Thought some would find this...intriguing if not foreboding....
          -09-16-2001, 01:09 PM
        • Blankman17
          God Bless America
          by Blankman17
          Hey there folks,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so to the mods feel free to move this where need be.

I started a web site that has contact information as well as American songs and art as a bit of a patriotic page that I thought you guys may like. If you do choose to visit, I ask that you maybe sign the guestbook and send the URL to friends or those who may enjoy it. Thanks again.

http://www.geocities.com/blankman71usa/index.html
          -09-15-2001, 05:00 PM
        • fearlessone
          Katrina - Bagdad on the Bayou
          by fearlessone
          I am an evacuee and I have to say how lucky I am to be in the group of a small percentage people as my home probably suffered minimal damage.

I have to say I felt pretty shallow after complaining about the nine hour drive in parking lot traffic to drive less than 250 miles then witness the fact that no water, etc. was passed out w/o any presence of FEMA or the Red Cross.

Where were they?

Please do not offend me or others as we do not care about the celebs donating. I am greatly humbled and grateful for the real people that donate like my fellow clannies because it is reaL where others want to get the PR.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to be high and dry with power and food, etc. and to watch these poor people suffer from ineptness from every level of leadership. I am ashamed of my country and its leaders as we seem to have responded to the tsunami faster than to our own which repels me.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to listen about the names of business and celebs donating to various charities when no one was receiving at the very least: water. At least the local media could have been providing important info like when we can return to our homes and how everyone from the poor to the well off can make claims to gain a semblance of the life we had before this disaster. The only people who could hear their fluff are ones that are and were out of harms way.

Please write your congress reps and demand an investigation to why organization, support and love arrived so late. Also ask them to pressure Dennise Hastert for an apology or resignation for his comments for bulldozing New Orleans; and lastly and most importantly tell your leaders to support the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

Thanks,

FLO
          -09-03-2005, 11:16 PM
        • adarian_too
          So Mote it Be - RIP Samarn Kunan, Thai Navy Seal
          by adarian_too
          My goodness. In a world so rife with horror and incompetence, to have such an outcome is epic beyond belief. There are no words sufficient to express appreciation for the collective precision with which this operation was conducted. The rescued, the families of the rescued, and all the support personnel involved in extricating the kids should not want for anything the rest of their lives. Hey Bill, Warren, what do you say? Letís fund them for life. Remarkable stories like this, just cannot fade away. They must be rewarded. This story must be held aloft forever. So mote it be.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThaiSEAL...=page_internal

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...s-were-rescued
          -07-12-2018, 12:31 PM
        • djccon
          No Whining!
          by djccon
          I haven't had the heart to read a whole lot about what others are saying about yesterday's game, but I'm tired of "the official's call." from what little I've heard. For ny to even SUGGEST Garnes didn't grab Canidate just dumbfounds me. How far did his jersey need to be stretched for them to feel the call was justified? Add to that, the possession on which they got their 3rd field goal - on which one of the ny DBs was hammering on Holt's arms WITHOUT LOOKING BACK FOR THE BALL. Where the he** was THAT call? There are FOUR more points on the board for us.

I suggest ny should be THRILLED what the refs DIDN'T do to them. What about the repeated headlocks placed on Wistrom and Little that were NEVER called? The tackle where the guy grabbed Holt's helmet to pull him down - ummmmm, sorry folks, but you cannot use ANY part of a ball carrier's helmet in an attempt to tackle the runner - remember Fletcher getting that called against him (using the back of Deuce Staley's helmet to pull him down) in Philly?

Props to the Giants and the scheme they put in place to throttle the Rams down. Don't cheapen by whining about it being taken away from you. You had as much given to you as you had taken away.

As for us Rams fans, we all know we escaped by skin of our teeth. However, when you play a very GOOD team, play without your A game, and still win...well, that takes a GREAT team.
          -10-15-2001, 05:45 PM
        Working...
        X